Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thanks for assembling people who care about animals so much.

Prin
July 9th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I just wanted to thank Marko for assembling us all. Jemma's wagger was "broken" last weekend- it would only lift up up to about 4 inches down her tail and the rest of it hung down. I was at my family reunion and everybody there thought I was overreacting. I was thinking the worst. Would it have to be amputated? Is she in pain and not showing it? And worst was I had no idea how it happened and I was with her all day.

I didn't post about it, but you all were in my head. If nobody in the world would care about a dog's broken tail, you all would. So thanks Marko for giving pet owners who care too much a place to fit in.

(by the way, the wagger is back to normal... yey. :) )

angie79
July 10th, 2005, 11:28 AM
ahh prin that is such a nice post....

good thing her wagger is back to normal... I didn't know they could break...
as a mom to a croped wagger owner, I've never thought about it and my sisters dogs wagers hit everything as if they have no feeling.. so you just made me wagger aware :)

Beaglemom
July 10th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Prin, that is a very nice post. I'm sure Marko will appreciate it.

I know how much you must've worried about Jemma's wagger! I'm always looking to my dog for any signs that she may not be feeling well, including a broken wagger. It's owners like you who are vigilant about their pets behaviour that notice when something is wrong and gets the treatment necessary quickly, before it is too late. I don't think you were overreacting, you were being a good mom to Jemma.

Prin
July 10th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks you guys. That's what I'm talking about. Nobody here would think a broken wagger is trivial. It's great. :)

coppperbelle
July 11th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Broken wagger! I am assuming you are talking about her tail. LOL

Sounds like it may be cold tail. Look it up on the net and you will find information about it. It is quite common and very painful for the dog.

Of course we care, otherwise we wouldn't come her.

Linda

happycats
July 11th, 2005, 07:31 AM
GREAT POST!! :D
I would like to Thank Marko too :D , this place is great!!

Like I said in a previous post, I don't feel like a nut here (before finding this place, most people thought I was some kind of NUT, for loving animals so much) But here I feel like you are all nuts, just like me LOL :p

I stop my car for "everything" :o I rescue turtles and frogs (and everything else I happen to come across) from the road!!! I have picked turtles up off the road and driven them to the nearest body of water!! and have been called a "lunatic" for doing so :o , but here I know so many of you would do the same :) and that's so nice to know ;) .

I would also like to thank everyone here, for loving animals so much, and doing what you can to help, and save them!!

Prin
July 11th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Sounds like it may be cold tail. Look it up on the net and you will find information about it. It is quite common and very painful for the dog.OMG That was IT!!! Thank you so much coppperbelle! Thank you, thank you. She was swimming all day. She swims a lot but only one day each time, and it's never happened before. This time she swam 2 days in a row... My boyfriend will be so relieved!

coppperbelle
July 11th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Chloe had it once. Dogs can also get it from being very active and not just swimming although I believe it is more likely to occur with swimming.
Nothing much to do except wait for it to improve on its own. I gave baby aspirin to Chloe when she had it. Now I make sure she has mandatory rest periods every day.

Copper'sMom
July 12th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Thanks to Marko from me too!!! :D

Glad to hear Jemma's tail is ok! :thumbs up I'd freak out over it too! My family thinks I'm a lunatic over the way I treat my babies. They are my top priority in my life! Especially my Copper boy :angel:. I just love him sooooo much!

marko
July 12th, 2005, 08:21 AM
You're all very welcome.

You should also thank yourselves for helping to better the lives of pets everywhere.

Luvmypit
July 27th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Thank you luvmypit, oh your welcome luvmypit.

There...done. I thanked myself!

Hee hee. I know the feeling... People think I am crazy but hey I know the love I show my dog I am getting back 10 million fold.

shannon1233A
July 27th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I want to add my thanks to everyone too! To old posters, who always offer their advice and knowledge so freely with the best interest of the pet, to the new comers who welcome advice and follow up with it, and to Admin and the Mods, whose jobs are the most difficult, but do it so well without predjudice and favoritism!

Plus...YEAAA, I just realized I hit 200 posts today... and it's because you are all so great and never make me feel like an idiot, aren't judgemental, even when I talk silly to my doggies, lol.....okay, I'll shut up now! :grouphug:

Prin
July 27th, 2005, 04:16 PM
200 posts, eh? I think I hit that on my first day here... LOL I'll stop posting now. :cool:

Luvmypit
July 28th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I have been waiting to turn to a senior contributer.

Only a couple more away from 1000

Prin
July 29th, 2005, 01:02 AM
I don't even know what I would be... Maybe I'll try the "reset" button.. I like "doggy devotee" because that is what I am. :D I don't think I'm a Senior Contributer, because I'm only in my 20's and I only have one recurring white hair so far (knock on wood).

Marko, I think past the 4000th post, people should change from "Senior contributer" to "Prin". :D I don't know how many others have made it that far... :o