Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is the board shut down for maintenance ever?

Prin
July 9th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Once in a while, it gets really slow on the board, and I mean really slow. I have surfed all over while I waited for a page to load, so I know it's not my internet connection. Is there maintenance once in a while that would slow things down? Or is it just me? The last trouble I had was last night around 12:30-12:50AM. Any ideas?

shannon1233A
July 9th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Is that a hint, lol! Actually Prin, I thought it was me! LOL! It's loading slow here too, wonder if it has anything to do with all the pics? I know on another forum for missing and murdered family members, the threads get really long and are archived , but some topics are 30 - 40 pages, and it's also a V-Bullitin Board like this one, same set up.

I also often have to copy & past my replies as I'm taken back to sign in when I try to post, sometimes it happens so often, I don't keep trying. Wonder if that's related? This is the 3rd time I'm trying to post this answer :mad: I've cleared my cashe and cookies etc. doesn't help.

I saw a thread somewhere about board problems, maybe we should post this there? :grouphug:

CyberKitten
July 9th, 2005, 09:00 PM
I do not find it slow but there was a very short period last winter when I found it took long and I kept losing posts. The mods were great at helping me tho and it eventually fixed itself- whatever it was. (and I should have been able to figure it out.) But it is fine for me now.

Prin
July 9th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I saw a thread somewhere about board problems, maybe we should post this there? :grouphug: Well, I thought it was good enough to post it in the board problem forum... :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 10th, 2005, 07:16 PM
actually I couldn't log in this morning at 5am pacific time!

Luba
July 10th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Sometimes I get a hiccup then realize I'm drinking too fast.... :eek:

Sneaky2006
July 11th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Once in a while, it gets really slow on the board, and I mean really slow. I have surfed all over while I waited for a page to load, so I know it's not my internet connection. Is there maintenance once in a while that would slow things down? Or is it just me? The last trouble I had was last night around 12:30-12:50AM. Any ideas?
I had the same problem, same day and time. I normally don't have a prob... maybe I am not normally on at the time, I don't know. I just logged out, waited a few minutes and came back and it was fine.

Prin
July 11th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Sometimes I get a hiccup then realize I'm drinking too fast.... :eek:
What does that have to do with this thread? :confused:

marko
July 12th, 2005, 11:38 AM
This board is rarely shut down for maintenance.

Any slowness is usually due to backing up, new posts being added to the site's search engine, and occasionally when too many people use server intensive functions.

We have upgraded server features and will continue to upgrade as more members join.