Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

looking for a male american pitbull terrier...for breeding

polina
July 16th, 2003, 11:02 PM
I have a 2 year old female black and white pit bull, 45 pounds. looking for a male, medium size pit bull, not aggressive, minimum 2 years old, in Toronto or Great Toronto Area

if you are interested please contact me (Polina) at

EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED BY ADMIN DUE TO POST VIOLATION.

BrunosMom
July 17th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Go check out the Toronto humane society right now and make note that 75% of the dogs there are pit bulls.

We don't need anymore of this overbred dog.

Please check out these links:

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/sadreality.html

http://www.pbrc.net/breeding.html

http://www.spotsociety.org/fatedog.html

^^^^ the last one is the best in helping you make your decision.

-Sara (aka Bruno's Mom, aka a happy multiple pit owner)

daisymae
July 18th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Why do you want to breed your dog? Has she earned titles in conformation or performance, has she been health tested for all genetic defects?

Is she a perfect example of the breed?

She is all these things? Well, you still should not breed her. Check the links Brunosmom gave you. Do you know how many pit bulls are dying every day due to the fact that there are not enough homes?

My pit bull probably came from a backyard breeder like you, but she is one of the very few lucky ones who did not end up dead.

If you care anything about this breed, do us all (and all the dogs) a favour, and get her spayed.

Take a look at this link, too:

Breeding (http://www.fix.net/~dogmag/want-to-breed-article.html)

Roxanna
August 30th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Thank you so much for putting up the links in response to breeding. If you want another dog why not consider adopting? I adopted my APBT and I couldn't be happier with him. Infact I plan on adopting another. Don't bring any more puppies into the world when there are so many without homes already.

LavenderRott
December 25th, 2003, 08:26 AM
With all of the pit bulls in kill shelters in both Canada and the United States and with all of the places trying to pass Breed Specific Legislation, why would you want to breed?

I know that in responsible hands, these are wonderful and loving dogs. Are you going to interview people so that they end up in responsible hands?

mona_b
December 25th, 2003, 01:48 PM
PLEASE don't breed her.Get her fixed.Check out the links.There are far to many of these dogs around.And in the wrong hands.I totally agree with daisymae.Is your dog tested for health genetics?Just get her fixed.That's what any good dog owner would do.Right now at our spca there are 4 pits waiting for adoption.

TerryJ
February 5th, 2004, 07:27 AM
:D LOL!
I see you all took care of THAT one! I was going to post the same thing. I live in VA and our SPCA is usually filled anywhere from 50% to 85% w/pitts. Most of them are poor examples of the breed. Many of them need stitches and antibiotics but they end up being put down. The owners come to pick them up and boy, do they get an earful! (Not to mention a fine and a misdemeanor charge!) I've had several encounters w/pits and all have been pleasant. What a shame what humans have done to this breed.

Luba
February 5th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Somehow I think this is either a fake post or a complete moron!

Luba
February 5th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Please look at this link, you too polina
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2346

Whats the matter, the first batch wasn't up to your 'standards' now you're trying to breed a second batch....hmmm wonder why... short on money, money hungry????

Go look at the link folks, this person has posted before and had a bunch of pitty pups on her listed as FREE TO GOOD HOME!!

Great job polina, thanks a bunch for making life that much more difficult, cruel and inhumane for the dogs you have and breed.... as well as the ones that are offspring of those pups!

Ignorance BREEDS ignorance!!!

chico2
February 7th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Luba,you are one smart girl I looked at her,free puppies post...obviously this woman is doing this for some strange reason,she should definetly be stopped until all Pit-bulls on deathrow are saved and in GOOD homes.
I wonder what kind of homes these"free"puppies went to....
Any animal"free to good home"worries me,they can so easily be discarded and abused.

Spoiled
February 9th, 2004, 08:55 PM
On the last thread she mentioned something about the dog they kept was a male. Now they want another one, and they already have a female. This isn't making sense.

Luba
February 9th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Exactly!

chico2
February 9th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Luba,how is Sadie? Doing better?

1john44
February 10th, 2004, 10:19 AM
What a second, is she breeding daugher and father or son and mother together? No wonder the pit bulls can't get past their bad reputation.

Copper'sMom
September 22nd, 2004, 01:12 PM
I know this thread is really old but............................................... ...........
you are nothing more than a BACKYARD BREEDER :mad: :mad:

Spurby
September 23rd, 2004, 07:12 AM
Man, this chick posted everywhere looking for a stud for her bitch. I happen to know she indeed find one, after extensive research of course :p you know, making sure the male isn't neutered. I wonder how many of the pups she brought into this world are in shelters now? :mad:

Writing4Fun
September 23rd, 2004, 08:46 AM
I wonder if any of her dogs are responsible for one of the bites spurring the breed ban!! :mad:

Akeeter
September 24th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Sorry if this sounds cranky, but fer pete's sake, don't you read? You haven't seem all the unwanted PB's & Staffys in shelters all across Canada-No make that North america.
You haven't heard about the possible breed ban, -'Likely Nov. in Toronto, maybe sooner in Ontario in general. Now lets see, if you start breeding right this minute, assuming you female is in heat right now...Your pups will be born After the ban! Bye Puppies! :mad: :mad: