Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Any "Uncle John" Fans Out There?

Writing4Fun
July 7th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I admit it - I am a huge Uncle John's Bathroom Reader junkie. :o

Are there any others out there who look to Uncle John to provide them with their daily dose of wisdom, quick quotes, amusing anecdotes or useless trivia? :D

lezzpezz
July 7th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Ha HA! I got one last year as a Christmas present and it actually took me the entire year to get thru it! Perfectly timed for my year full of visits to the restroom and I was sad when it was finished. Never did get one this Christmas, but it will go on my wish list this year! These books are awesome!! ;)

Writing4Fun
July 7th, 2005, 05:40 PM
I love the little tidbits of useless information at the bottom of each page. :D I have three of these books myself. I keep referring back to them. I always find something that I've missed previously, or come across a story that I know someone else will find interesting. Actually, that's where I found my siggy line! :p I've given them as Christmas gifts to friends and neighbors, and they'll come up to me months later and say, "Hey! Guess what I just read in that book you gave me!" They all love them. :D

If anyone wants to know what these books are about, here's their website, where you can find snippits from the books...Bathroom Readers' Institute (http://www.bathroomreader.com/home.html)

Prin
July 7th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Can I make a suggestion? If you eat about a 1/2 a cup of All-Bran every morning, you shouldn't need so much reading material... :D :D

Writing4Fun
July 7th, 2005, 06:38 PM
But, the Bathroom Readers are way funnier than the bran!! :p Besides, I can't take anything seriously if it's being promoted by Capitain Kirk. :crazy:

Prin
July 7th, 2005, 06:42 PM
LOL. Captain's Log 44782940: We've encountered some shaky terrain as the locals seem to be hostile toward our attempts at reducing their risk of colon cancer...

Writing4Fun
July 7th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Geez! I'd hate to see how the "extra guy" dies on this away mission! :yuck:

Prin
July 7th, 2005, 07:15 PM
LOL, alcohol poisoning. :D