Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Too MUch C*ap!!!

pitbulliest
July 7th, 2005, 01:28 PM
I'm sooooooo angry and emotional right now I feel like I'm going to rip someone apart...mainly the residents in my building!!!

Here is what happened over the past week..and boy am I pizzed! :

My father was taking Messina and my Chihuahua, Dudek, out for a walk around the building..both dogs were leashed and as he approached the rear end of the building, one of the other residents had his dog out for a walk..the dog was on a leash, but on the other end of the lead was a 5 year old girl..the owner, a middle aged guy, didn't even care..he was just letting her walk the dog and he was behind them!!!!!!

This dog is known in the building for being a wacko..he can be really friendly, but he has dominant issues and is known to attack and freak out on other dogs..its a collie/terrier cross of some sort...so yeah, this dog sees Messina and starts pulling like mad and growling..of course the kid couldn't hold onto the leash, so the dog got lose and started lunging towards Messina! My dog, being scared and feeling threatened, did not let down her guard..so as soon as the dog ran up to her, they both got into a major fight..my dog even has scars!

Anyways, after the dogs were broken apart by my father (because the other guy was too scared to touch is dog during a fight!), the guy came up to my dad and appologized and admitted that it was his fault, and that his dog has attitude problems like that...so fine, ok well no hard feelings..I didn't report it or anything because sometimes **** happens and I decided to give it one more chance...he admitted he was wrong and appologized...

But that's not where the story ends.. (although I wish it did!)...there is an old man that lives on the main floor that saw the end of the fight..and when my dad was passing him to go inside the building, the old guy yells "WHY DO YOU KEEP THESE KINDS OF DOGS HERE (meaning pitbulls)"..my dad replied that he loves the dog and something short and sweet like that..no arguments...

Well, it turns out that the next couple of days, RUMORS have been spreading around my building that it was in fact MY pitbull that had attacked the other dog..and that she was off leash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!! MY DOG WAS THE VICTIM AND ALL OF A SUDDEN IT WAS MY FAULT!
And to make matters worse, the old guy that yelled to my dad had called the superintendent and told him that he should call the police on my dog because it was dangerous and not properly leashed...O MY GOD! Well thank goodness the superintendent called the guy that had the dog and asked him if it was true...because it seems he's not so bad since he admitted to the super that it was his fault and not my dogs..I guess that saved me!

So today, I was talking in the lobby and I met this nice lady that I talk to sometimes...she said she saw the whole thing and it was absolutely NOT my fault, and that the guy could not control his own dog..my dog was just sitting there minding her own business!!! While we were talking about dogs in general, some other woman in the building is coming out of the elevator and hears our conversation about dogs, and asks "did you here what happened a few days ago? How that pitbull attacked the collie cross?"...OH GEEZ right when I was there..she didn't even realize that was my dog she was talking about!!!

So I was like "uhm yeah, that's my dog, and it wasn't her that was attacking..she WAS attacked!"..and the lady I was speaking with totally backed me up and said she saw the whole thing from her balcony..well that other woman felt pretty stupid..although she freely admitted she doesn't really like pitbulls!!!

SO..there is my story..I'm the victim, yet I'm made to look like a complete villain because of the type of dog I have... a pitbull..people are even wanting to call the police on me and tell lies because they have absolutely nothing better to do with their lives...I'm so scared for my baby girl..and I'm so emotionally drained..this is not fair...I'm being harassed and falsely accused even though its completely not my fault..

I had to share this story with you guys :( I can't believe what happened this week..and now my dog has scars..I don't even know if the fur is gonna grow back over those bite marks when they heal..this absolutely BLOWS!.... :sad:

Luba
July 7th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Hey it's good the other lady was there and was willing to stick up for you :D

Writing4Fun
July 7th, 2005, 01:43 PM
It was also good that the third woman received a little education about pit bulls that day. ;)

It's totally insane. I feel for you and your pup. The best thing to do is surround yourself with your supporters and protect your baby from the ignorant people of the world. :grouphug:

Akeeter
July 7th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Do you think it would be out of line to ask her to write up a statement & sign it? (Just in case.)

I do not own a Pitty, but i've gone thru the same thing, but without a fight starting. (My dog pins, or sits on the other dog, if his usual shoulder bump into the next county doesn't work to settle the other dog down.) Then the offleash aggressor dog owner cries, "Dangerous Dog'. :eek: Neither dog has a mark on them, thanks to my dog, but I'm at fault even though my dog is on leash!
(IMHO, most of these types Like to see their dog beat up other dogs. :evil: They only have a problem when their dog gets the worst of it!)

One of my friiends was out with his Pitty & his preschooler on his own (rented) property when a woman was walking past. She stoppped & looked & scowled. Then she passed by again, on the other side of the street -on her cell phone & you can guess what happened next. Toronto Animal Control showed up & handed him a whole pile of crap about leashes, muzzles etc. He reminded her that none of this takes effect until later this year, and it Only applies when the dog is off it's property.

O.K.-So why doesn't Toronto Animal Control know what it's talking about??? They are the ones who will have to deal with the mess as it is now, & will be Officially later. :yuck: :yuck:

babyrocky1
July 7th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Do you think it would be out of line to ask her to write up a statement & sign it? (Just in case.)

:I agree Pitbulliest. Do whatever you can to protect yourself and your dog legally. I am going through something similar,guess its been a bad week for pitbulls :mad: Err another bad week for pitbulls. I am worried about the same issues, now that the dog has a "reputation" although falsely accused, what about the next time, especially after Aug 29. Your dog could be falsly accused again and then all the neighbours recount the first story. Im so sory for your problems, I hope this doesnt make your baby afaid of other dogs.

babyrocky1
July 7th, 2005, 04:49 PM
One of my friiends was out with his Pitty & his preschooler on his own (rented) property when a woman was walking past. She stoppped & looked & scowled. Then she passed by again, on the other side of the street -on her cell phone & you can guess what happened next. Toronto Animal Control showed up & handed him a whole pile of crap about leashes, muzzles etc. He reminded her that none of this takes effect until later this year, and it Only applies when the dog is off it's property.

O.K.-So why doesn't Toronto Animal Control know what it's talking about??? They are the ones who will have to deal with the mess as it is now, & will be Officially later. :yuck: :yuck: Thats pretty scary. We were talking previously about having a print out with us while walking our dogs incase we run into an overzelous or palin old stupid Animal Control Officer. The communication from the less than honourable MB is posted on the pit bull coop thread by Mona B. It spells out the dates, August 29th and October 28th. along with the other specifics.

Schwinn
July 7th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I feel bad for all of you that has had a problem. I haven't had one (yet). I'm a little afraid if I do. I don't tolerate stupidity well. Maybe you should all move to my neighbourhood. Though, it might take a lot more to make someone WANT to move to Keswick. ;)

Dukieboy
July 8th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Sorry to hear about yet another incident of ignorance, hatred and injustice. Thanks again Michael Bryant!!

BMDLuver
July 8th, 2005, 08:52 AM
and now my dog has scars..I don't even know if the fur is gonna grow back over those bite marks when they heal

Get some ointment that has tea tree oil in it. The tea tree oil promotes healing and helps to encourage new hair growth. We use it on horses all the time that play out in the herd and get nicked or nibbled on.

pitbulliest
July 8th, 2005, 09:29 PM
BMD Lover...thank you for the tip! I will go out tomorrow and grab some from the health food store...I just hope its not too late..they have turned into dry blood scabs now...ugh..this is just so stressful!

Akeeter..its definately not a bad idea..I talked to some of my "supporters"...those that actually witnessed what happened..and they agreed that they would help me if I ever needed backup...its sad that the world has come to this..I have to FEAR for my dog's life every time she leaves my front door...dear God help us all!

Thank you for all your support everyone..it really means alot and it helps to know that I'm not the only one in the world that is going through this..although I wish NO ONE in the world was going through this...

I really do hope something can be done about this law...and that it can be put down after 2007. I can't imagine my life without pitbulls :(

As for the negative neighbors in the building..well the old guy I told you all about is still a pest..every time I pass his balcony (he lives right on the main floor), he gives me dirty looks...or when his friend is over and they're chatting, they'll both stop and stare straight at me and Messina...and today..I went out to let my pooch take a pee at around 10pm at night..I had to pass his balcony again to throw away my doggy bag into the garbage..and he steps out onto his balcony (maybe he saw me with Messina), and just keeps staring at me...its so annoying..I'm keeping my mouth shut but I swear its getting on my nerves and I dunno if I should say something to him or not..he DID call my superintendent and told her to call the police...baring false accusations at me...the jerk..

Ugh..anyways..I gotta stop this rambling...or I won't be able to sleep tonight... lol :evil:

kigaro
July 11th, 2005, 10:40 AM
a ttc bus driver wouldn't let me on the bus with my dog. i asked why, and he replied that she wasn't muzzled. i politely explained the bill had not come into effect, and wouldn't until December. He then said well, the bus is full. While it had quite a few riders there were still seats availble, however, not wanting to get into an arguement, i just said 'whatever', and got off the bus. 10 minutes later the next bus came, and i had no issues getting on.

Copper'sMom
July 11th, 2005, 11:10 AM
I'm so sorry you had to go through what you did and luckily Messina is ok too. Definitely do what it takes to make sure people know your dog is innocent - what Akeeter posted.
Even though I haven't had this type of incident happen to me directly, I know how you feel. I have friends and family who still FEAR THE PITBULL - Copper!!! I could talk to them until I'm blue in the face, but they still think he's gonna "turn" and that the Pitbull is such a bad breed. I have been told Copper is an exception! This goes to show how ignorant and uneducated people can be. (For all that don't understand, Copper is not an exception!! There are tonnes of Pitbulls just like him!! Perfect :angel: !!).

It's great though that the neighbours who witnessed the incident stuck up for ya! :thumbs up

Luvmypit
July 11th, 2005, 02:57 PM
ahh pitbulliest I am soo sorry. Please report this to goodpooch.com. You should do that right now.

We need to have one place where everyone puts their stories.

I am so happythat some people stood up fpr you and the guy with dog was forthcoming. The thing is it could have been worse with no witnesses and a jerk of a dog owner.

pitbulliest
July 11th, 2005, 04:55 PM
That's a very good idea..I will do that right now :) by the way you guys..I'm working on a bully dog resource website...with some great links and information...I'll keep you all updated and show you the layout once that's finished...it'll be great for people that just need to do some reading and stop being so blind :thumbs up

ILoveMutts!
July 11th, 2005, 06:19 PM
About the guy who steps out onto his balcony and stares... People will walk all over you if you allow them to do so. After you have a verbal fight with them, they tend to leave you alone. I wouldn't keep my mouth shut if I were you.

Luba
July 11th, 2005, 06:24 PM
I'm so upset about the bsl and I feel so badly for everyone and every dog affected. How unfair it all is and they don't seem to understand nor care to understand or do more work trying to figure on a better solution.

lezzpezz
July 11th, 2005, 07:41 PM
ahh pitbulliest I am soo sorry. Please report this to goodpooch.com. You should do that right now.

We need to have one place where everyone puts their stories.

I am so happythat some people stood up fpr you and the guy with dog was forthcoming. The thing is it could have been worse with no witnesses and a jerk of a dog owner.

Well, you inspired me to do just that. I don't own a pit, but there is a purebred on my street and a PitX and a puppy that will likely be "marked" as one, although it is of unknown lineage. My bet is boxer/bullmastiff, but what do I know!! :o

The purbred owner has already tried to muzzle her dog to walk it, out of her misinformation about Bill 132, and is living in fear for her dog. I have since given her printouts of the law, (Aug.29 plus 60 day transition period), much to her delight! She has been told to call on me to assist her with any problems.

The other neighbour won't take her dogs out of the yard even to cross the street to play with mine, as she is terrified of Animal Control because of the same cockamamie bs law!

So I wrote in my submission to support these ladies and their pets. These are really wonderful loving dogs, that are getting a bum wrap unnecessarily and I figured I better do something for them. :D

lezzpezz
July 11th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Furthermore, I went back to goodpooch.com and cont'd reading some of the other letters that folks had sent in. One line grabbed me and I thougth that it was so funny and more than likely very effective!

" Don't worry about the dog on that end of the leash, worry about the bitch on this end."

Hahahaha!! :crazy: that's a line I can hear my neighbour using!!!! :thumbs up

pitbulliest
July 13th, 2005, 06:51 PM
So far I guess everything is ok..the stupid old guy still gives me dirty looks but I just avoid going anywhere near his balcony and don't even look his way..so I'm dealing...

But something a bit on the down side happened yesterday..I was walking messina back to the elevator and the super's wife was coming out...I had my Chi with me as well and Messina seems to hate the woman..(she's a real b I T C...)..so she barked at her and made a small growling noise...sometimes she does this to protect my little chi monster...I corrected her right away...

But anywho..automatically the super's wife is like "OHHH your dog is NOT friendly at all"..and she's already made comments on pitbulls before..I swear I am so scared living here..when this new law comes in next month..what if they all get together and plan some evil scam against me..call animal control and make up some lie that my dog is vicious and attacking people and stuff..I mean...won't Animal Control officials have the right to come into my apartment and take my dog and put her to sleep? I'm so scared of my neighbors now I just avoid everyone altogether!

babyrocky1
July 13th, 2005, 07:38 PM
I know exactly how you feel, Pitbulliest. Ive just gone through something very similar myself, and at any other time we would probably shrug these things off but now we are all feeling so vulnerable bacause we dont known what our rights are OR if we have any!!! The bill is worded so vaguely that it sounds as if anyone can make any kind of unfounded accusation at any time. I really think that we need to make legal inquirys NOW as to what our rights maybe in a situation were an un-founded claim is made. I was thinking the other day about calling that Free half an hour legal service and asking about this, but I decided against it because I doubt they would know since the law is not yet in effect. The only optomistic thing that I have heard is that the Toronto animal control is supposedly sympathetic, yet, I think someone else posted something to the contrary. Maybe if we all use our half an hour of free time with the lawer they will have to research the law! I'm actually not sure if its law students or lawers, but free is free, it might be worth a shot! BTW did you report this to Good Pooch. When I went to their web site I could not find were your supposed to report :confused: Im not sure if this computer has everything needed to navigate the site.

pitbulliest
July 14th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Yes I did report it...I sent it by email..that's how they do it..but whether they actually put it up on the website or just stock it away in some kind of database is up to them I guess..

As for this law..I forgot to mention that I phoned animal services today AND the police department afterwards...and asked them about how this whole thing works..the police dept had no clue and said that they basically deal with harassment issues, not dog stuff..and animal control told me they don't know too much about the law (geez, and they're supposed to be experts?), but they lady I did speak with at AS told me that they can't just come take my dog unless there is actual proof that she has bitten someone or attacked someone...so although there may be some crappy neighbors that we all will have to deal with that can't stand us and our dogs..I'm sure the folks at animal control are a little wiser than that...at least I hope so and I'm keeping my fingers crossed :fingerscr . Thanks for all the info babyrocky :)

lezzpezz
July 14th, 2005, 08:59 AM
[QUOTE=babyrocky1

BTW did you report this to Good Pooch. When I went to their web site I could not find were your supposed to report :confused: Im not sure if this computer has everything needed to navigate the site.[/QUOTE]

Here's how you do it:
Skip intro;
click on "all articles can now be found via our site map";
under second heading "what's new", click on "the attack reports"
part way down, you'll see: "Click here for more information on how to report discrimination.";
scroll down to where you see, " report it here".

At this point, an email icon will open up on your screen and you just send an email to the site.

pitbulliest
July 14th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks for all the support you guys..its great to know there are other pitbull owners and dog owners in general that are always there to lean on :)

babyrocky1
July 14th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks so much Lezzerpezzer, Ill try reporting it when, either the air conditioner is on here, or it cools down, temperature wise I mean ;) Its really nice of you to be helping out your Pitty neighbours, part of the tragedy of this "hate campaign" has made alot of us feel unwelcome or even threatened in our own neighborhoods! Im sure your neighbours really appreciate the support. Any chance of you moving to harbourfront LOL!

babyrocky1
July 14th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Any time Pitbulliest, youhave my phone # if you need to talk.

lezzpezz
July 15th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Alas, I am destined to help you guys from afar, but I am happy to do what I can. I have a stash of KillBill132 stickers that I have been putting up all over London :evil: I just think that this bsl crap is really gonna heat up come next month....yes, only 6 weeks to go folks.....it is going to be very interesting...and hurtful for some. But there are those of us who do not own pits that are fighting the fight right along side of you :thumbs up ....look at Jenn Steele and Lily! They got a ball rolling in our favour, so it CAN and WILL be done!! :highfive:

pitbulliest
July 19th, 2005, 08:55 PM
thank you babyrocky :)
and no..actually...the message you left me on pets.ca I don't have anymore. I guess I must have deleted it by accident..if you could give it to me one more time it'd be great...I know we talked alot on here about the meetups.

Dag Sabot
July 20th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks for all the support you guys..its great to know there are other pitbull owners and dog owners in general that are always there to lean on :)

Same here! Thank you for all your encouraging pm's as i go thorugh this challenging period with my adopted apbt.

The other day i took him past but not inside the dog beach (off leash area). When woman with 2 scraggly looking (off leash) german sheppard X's approached me asking about the leash i was using. I explained that i had it looped around his hind section for better control as he tend to pull, etc. She then asked if he was "good with other dogs" and i said truthfully, that for the most part "yes" but because hes a pound dog, i really have no idea how he might react with different dogs...all this time her two dogs were sniffing Thor up and down while he stayed still on a tight leash. Upon hearing this she told me, that in that case i should get my dog away from hers!! I was at a loss for words as my dog was completely under control, but definetly nervous. When a bystander pointed out that my dog was under control, and leashed. She retorted with "well this is the off leash area!" to which several people pointed out was not. ( the off leash area was 50m away).. Apparently her loose dogs were pestering other pedestrians and someone picked the opportunity to point it out to her. I'm still at a loss to why she thought my dog was the problem in that little "situation"

babyrocky1
July 20th, 2005, 06:43 PM
If any of you guys are having trouble with your pitties pulling, and as I type this my back is killing me from the arthritis I now have from years of it... try the Sporn harness, it worked for Rocky and he pulled for five os f his six years, now although he pulls a bit its way more manageable, it works like a pully, it lifts his paws up so slightly but takes him just a wee bit off balance so that he notices and Usually stops pulling, I use it with a two handled lead and it gives me really good control AND he doesn't mind it, he hated the haltis and the gentle leaders etc. Pitbulliest I will pm you with the number again, I hope things have settled down. I had it out with my rumour monger this week. Ill update my "too emotional thread "with the gory details LOL... Im typing this from work so I may not be able to finish all my posts tonight though.

Dag Sabot
July 21st, 2005, 12:27 PM
-babyrocky1, you should empty your PM, bin you cannot accept any more pm's.

babyrocky1
July 21st, 2005, 01:07 PM
sorry dag sabot, I could see you messaging but didn't get it cleaned up on time :sorry: Kiagro if your still out there please check your pm :)

Dag Sabot
July 26th, 2005, 02:09 PM
no worries :thumbs up

mom of rotties
July 26th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I must admit that when I met my first Pitbull I was terrified, only to realize he was the nicest dog I had ever met. Since then I have changed my fear of the breed. All dogs can be dangerous. Simply this man should not let a 5 year old control a dog. My son pleads to walk our rotties but he now realises they are much to strong for him. I hope you and your pup have a happy life without predijuce.