Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Planty sub-forum? - How many people would be into a gardening sub-forum

Prin
July 7th, 2005, 11:32 AM
What about a sub-forum in the critter section, maybe, about plants? The board seems to have a lot of gardeners...

Added by Marko (ADMIN) - Please indicate your interest in this thread.
thx - Marko

toby's tracy
July 7th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Fabulous idea, Prin!

:thumbs up

Luba
July 7th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Yes I'd love a gardening section as well :D

marko
July 7th, 2005, 02:37 PM
If enough people are into it we will consider it.

However I think that the off topic forum would be a better place for it.

Prin
July 7th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I just thought that plants were people too, a critter of sorts... But I don't mind where it goes. :) How do we figure out how many people want it?

Writing4Fun
July 7th, 2005, 05:05 PM
A poll? Over in the off-topic forum (if it doesn't get lost amidst all the controversy)?

I might actually be interested, as it seems my black thumb has turned green since the birth of my second child. I don't know what magical, hormonal changes I've undergone, but my houseplants are actually thriving now instead of withering before my eyes as they used to do. :p

Prin
July 7th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Ah crap. I have to have kids to be able to keep plants alive? Just forget it then. ;) :D

Luba
July 7th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Good point Marko :D

Otherwise we'd make you create a new forum every day for something :D

Prin
July 7th, 2005, 05:30 PM
I posted a poll in the off topic:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17103

Writing4Fun
July 7th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Ah crap. I have to have kids to be able to keep plants alive? Just forget it then. ;) :D
Actually, you'd have to have two kids. ;) After the first, my plants continued to die (which was a shame, because I received so many beautiful ones as gifts when he was born :( ). For some reason, after the second was born, all the plants I received as gifts just kept growing and growing...maybe the second birth raised my estrogen levels and this helps in plant care...or maybe it's just 'cause I started watering them... :confused:

Prin
July 7th, 2005, 06:29 PM
That's so bad!! Statistically, you WILL get varicose veins after your 2nd kid. So you have to decide, do I want healthy plants, or no varicose veins?

marko
July 16th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Planty forum will go up next week.

Thx

marko

pags
July 16th, 2005, 11:43 AM
I might actually be interested, as it seems my black thumb has turned green since the birth of my second child. I don't know what magical, hormonal changes I've undergone, but my houseplants are actually thriving now instead of withering before my eyes as they used to do. :p

I was thinking this is somehow numerological in nature.. as my kids/gardening experience went like this:

first baby = death to plantlife
second baby = eden!!!
third baby = widespread botanical disaster

So you see - I'm hoping with the birth of #4 in a couple weeks -- my garden will once again thrive!! I'll keep you posted. We'll get together and write a book!

Oh.. P.S. WOO GO! planty forum!!!!! :D