Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Decarie flooded ... again??

Writing4Fun
July 6th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Watching the news this evening, they were showing pics of the Decarie near L'Acadie flooded again. They said it was the second time in three days? And that this was a newer (or recently upgraded) section? Wow! I remember that flood a few years back. I wouldn't want to be the one trapped down there in my car! :eek: I've always hated driving on the Decarie anyway - a little too claustrohpobic for my taste. :p Did any of you get stuck?

BMDLuver
July 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM
It was so weird because my husband had said not a few days before.. does Decarie still flood? I was sure that with all the tear up of it that they had done that the problem was fixed. Apparently not and they are saying it will cost a ton of money to get it right. I believe the mayor said it was an act of god. Lol, way to pass the buck. :eek:

Prin
July 6th, 2005, 10:35 PM
LOL-- It's not as bad as you think but then it's worse than you think... L'Acadie is on the Met. Not on Decarie. And BOTH flooded. LOL. We got something like 50mm of rain in less than an hour. Glad I don't live there anymore (I used to be RIGHT there).

Now there's outrage. The first time was a fluke. The second is bad infrastructure. Half the city guys are saying it's the city's fault, and the other half is saying "You can't control the weather."

Luba
July 6th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Oh My goodness that is a horrible amount of rainfall.

Prin
July 6th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Total for the day: 63.6mm. I thought I was exaggerating (or the news was).

They say you change the mm's to cm's and you get the relative amount of snow (snow is easier to picture), so this would be like nearly 64cm in one day. It's a lot. I think it started at around 4, really light and then at around 6, BANG! It poured so hard for at least a half hour. You know the kind of rain that is supposed to stop after just a couple of minutes? That kind.

Prin
July 6th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Here's a pic of the met under L'acadie.