Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good morning, Cindy!

pags
July 6th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Well -- we spent the night getting up off and on to check on what Tropical Storm Cindy was doing out there. We kind of guessed she was making a mess... And we were right! Nooow we have to watch TS Dennis and get ready for his possible arrival next week. Maybe we can actually clean up before HE gets here. :eek:

Here's the view from my front door this morning. (Oh and uh.. yeah we were bad coastal citizens and didn't bring in our porch furniture... Shame on us, I know.)

pags
July 6th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Hmm.. the picture doesn't quite get it across. So just trust me -- it's a mess out there. :p Oh and poor Judge -- he wasn't upset by the fireworks over the weekend but the storm was a weee bit too much. I took the baby gate down for him this morning so he could follow me and he has been glued to my right foot ever since.

Luba
July 6th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Good thing the kids weren't out there they'd have blown away LOL

lilith_rizel
July 6th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I know what those storms are like, We always get hit with terrible storms after a huriricane has hit the east coast. Good thing it is never anything worse than that. We are about an hour in from the coast, but there is also a big bay that is half way between us and the coast, and that is where all the storms come in from, so it isn't very fun. Glad we don't have outdoor furniture....... yet......

Karin
July 6th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Here we go again. Dennis is perking up everyones attention here. This storm is projected to be a cat 3 by Sunday and traveling up the center of the gulf. Unfortunately fo us that means we are on the evil side once again. We can expect winds of 40 mph or higher and tons of rain...not to mention tornados too. The bad part is we have had three weeks of heavy rains, the ground is saturated. We have hundreds of tall trees with a short root base so all it will take to topple them right now is a breeze of 15 mph or better.

I am off the next two days so I plan on stocking up with just a few things. I learned my lesson last year, keep the perishable supply down & do not stock the freezer during hurricane season.
I'm gonna pack a bag for Ciara & for me just in case. In her condition I will only move her if needed, by Sunday morning we should know if it's hunker down time. We'll head for the office to camp like we did for Jeanne. Hurricane Frances wiped out all the trees there so it's alittle bit safer.

And it's only July. This is not a good sign at all.

pags
July 6th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah Karin -- as if last year wasn't bad enough for you guys!!! I know FL ended up catching every single one of the things -- but if it's any consolation we central coastians were up all night watching the weather channel all season long too. Blah! We ended up evactuating over 300 miles for Ivan because there wasn't a hotel room available in the tri-state area. This year it's gonna take one heck of a scary storm to convince us to evacuate.

And like you said.. here we go again. We're all glued to radio/tv checking on Dennis. We've had weeks and weeks of rain here as well -- and even little Cindy managed to down an amazing number of trees because of it in my area.

We'll be hunkering down here this season -- and if they keep coming in closer and closer to my due date I'm told I'll be hunkering down in the maternity ward just in case. Oddly enough we decided this spring we were going to name the baby Emily... And lo and behold - guess what comes after Dennis this season?

Good luck to you and Ciara this season. Be sure to keep us posted and let us know how you're doing as the storms come through.

Karin
July 6th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah Karin -- as if last year wasn't bad enough for you guys!!! I know FL ended up catching every single one of the things -- but if it's any consolation we central coastians were up all night watching the weather channel all season long too. Blah! We ended up evactuating over 300 miles for Ivan because there wasn't a hotel room available in the tri-state area. This year it's gonna take one heck of a scary storm to convince us to evacuate.

And like you said.. here we go again. We're all glued to radio/tv checking on Dennis. We've had weeks and weeks of rain here as well -- and even little Cindy managed to down an amazing number of trees because of it in my area.

We'll be hunkering down here this season -- and if they keep coming in closer and closer to my due date I'm told I'll be hunkering down in the maternity ward just in case. Oddly enough we decided this spring we were going to name the baby Emily... And lo and behold - guess what comes after Dennis this season?

Good luck to you and Ciara this season. Be sure to keep us posted and let us know how you're doing as the storms come through.

Deja vu. But true.

Last years season gave us all a tougher skin. We laugh at a mere tropical storm or cat 1 hurricane. The fear inside of a much stronger storm is very real and happening again. I normally do not worry so much about it but the last 2 years have been unreliable in the predictions and patterns. With my past aviation experience also comes a meteorlogical background that is ingrained and sometimes this is not a good thing.

I cannot get my underwear in a wad just yet though, for Ciaras sake...I will be ready and not wait this time either.

Dennis is one we are watching close too. My son lives in Houston. He needs the rain.

You do not.

pags
July 8th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Hey all.. I'm not gonna be posting for the next couple of days probably -- preparing for Hurricane Dennis -- just in case he actually goes where they're forecasting today.. which would put him in my backyard. This time we DID get the porch furniture in, thanks... Lots of preparations to do otherwise.

Karin -- hope you and Ciara are faring well over in Ocala. Let's hope it misses us both and goes somewhere nice and unpopulated.

Waves!! Back in a couple days!! :grouphug:

Luba
July 8th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Everybody be safe, as you can anyways!!

Hoping it misses you.

Will be thinking of you.