Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Final Update on CJ July 05 2005

Angerona
July 5th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Today at 9:20am CJ was put to sleep due to even after he was givin an Anti-Nausa shot yesterday he still threw up food & water again. I made the hard discision to put him down. We talked about him as we didnt want him to suffer anymore he had lost 10% of his body weight.

Read more on him here
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=15950

I was kissing him & stroking his head when he was put down so the last thing he saw was me lookin at him. I saw his eyes dilate & thats when I knew he was gone. This was very hard for me to do but I had no other choice as he was throwing up too much & we tried everything. My husband was with me & he fainted due to it was so overwelming for him. I'm a bit stronger as Ive been with CJ though his entire illness all the needles. After he passed away I stayed with my husband & before we left I had to see CJ once more even though he was gone. It really helps with the grieving to be able to see him lying still & at peace. I stroked his head & gave him a final kiss (a few kisses on his head & mouth where I always kissed him & said goodbye).
I asked them to use his body for science so they could study him & find out how he died & maybe they could use this to help other cats who have this problem. It was a difficult decsion to do this but I wanted to help others with this diease. After they are done Im getting a private cremation for him & he will be coming home in a black Urn I picked out with him. He is getting cremated with his 2 favorite toys & 2 flowers from our garden where he loved to sun bath & sleep. He had a wonderful life even though it was so short he was 3 1/2 years old & he would have been 4 years old Oct 31. Attached are pictures of him from July 4, 2005 one day prior to him being put to sleep.
We thought he was going to pass on in his sleep last nite so he slept with us in our bed just in case but he never did. He wasnt himself I knew but I held him & spoke to him & told him we had to put him down as he was suffering & he knew cause he shoke on the way to the vet, but he went peaceful to sleep & now he doesnt have to suffer anymore. Im crying as I write this but I have to let everyone know on how hard I fought to help him. His older sister doesnt know yet but it takes a few days. She has been sleepin all day, so she must know.
Anyways I hope CJ is in Heaven now & is playing free with all the tigers & other cats.
I feel I did the right thing. :pawprint: :sad: :ca: :angel:

Angerona
July 5th, 2005, 06:03 PM
2 more pics of CJ the day before he passed on
:ca: :sad:

Angerona
July 5th, 2005, 06:05 PM
The Last pic of CJ I wanted everyone to see my little boy.
I have video of him if anyone wants to see email me at kstanford@telus.net if you like as I want to share his happy life he had.
When he wasnt sick as much :sad: :ca:

angie79
July 5th, 2005, 06:14 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss!!!
I'm sure CJ's looking down on you now in kitty heaven and thanks you for all your love :grouphug: :angel:

Angerona
July 5th, 2005, 06:30 PM
It was alot harder too. See I cant have kids so CJ is my son to me at least. Here's a pic of CJ in 2003 when he was very well.
:ca:

Luba
July 5th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Oh no! BIG hugs to you! I am so very very sorry. Poor CJ must have just not been able to fight this any longer.

God Bless you and get to the other side safely CJ mommie is watching you!

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Angeleyes1437
July 5th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I just wanted to say I am so sorry. I read all about CJ and even I am sitting here crying like a baby. I cannot even imagine how you feel! You did the right thing for him, he lived a wonderful life with you, regardless of how short a life it was.

He is in a better place now and will always be with you in spirit.

:grouphug:

Prin
July 5th, 2005, 08:09 PM
That is such a terribly sad story. I'm so sorry. Life is very unfair sometimes. This bugger was so lucky to have a family who cared so much and tried so hard. :sorry: :grouphug: :grouphug:

CyberKitten
July 5th, 2005, 10:37 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss! CJ looks like he was very special and you are fortunate to have had time with him. Cherish those memories!! :grouphug:

Angerona
July 6th, 2005, 03:23 AM
I will let everyone know what they find out on the post about him. I want to help others & I hope there can be a cure someday for this illness.
I find it hard not to call out his name in the house. :sad: :ca:

Will keep all uptodate on everything thanks all for your kind words. I may print this out to take to the vet. And will tell everyone tommorw when im not as sad who the vets were who helped him though the difficult times. :grouphug:

sammiec
July 6th, 2005, 08:22 AM
I am so very soory for your loss. CJ looks like he's a wonderful companion, and I am sure he's very happy playing with others in heaven. Your story has me in tears. It's evident how much you love him!

RIP dear CJ! :sad:

pags
July 6th, 2005, 08:39 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about CJ. :( Such a beautiful kitty and so well-loved. You both fought so hard!!! I'm crying too and I'm sending many hugs your way during this sad time. :grouphug:

shannon1233A
July 6th, 2005, 09:02 AM
I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. :sorry: The love you have and showed this kitty is clear and I'm sure it was felt by CJ.

I realize how difficult it was for you and your husband to be there in his last moments, but you put your feelings second and thought of CJ right to the end. You are a true loving pet owner, and I'm sure CJ knew he was very much loved. His spirit will forever be with you. God Bless :grouphug:

doggy lover
July 6th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your kitty he is an :angel: now. I had to pts my dog last year and my husband was going to do it but at the last moment he couldn't so I stayed with Travis and yes it was peaceful he just went to sleep. I believe women are the stronger race. :)

Shamrock
July 6th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Oh, how very sad this story is.
CJ was a beautiful cat that was clearly dearly loved and cherished.
I am so sorry for your loss :sorry: My deepest condolences to you both.
CJ was embraced with your love to the end, and he must certainly have felt a peaceful security that many animals are not fortunate to receive.
My heart goes out to you at this sad time. :grouphug: