Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Elderly Man Killed In Dog Attack

heidiho
July 5th, 2005, 11:55 AM
CAMBY, Ind. -- Police said four dogs attacked an elderly man outside his home, killing him. Investigators aren't sure why the dogs mauled the man.

Boyd Fiscus

When police arrived at the home Friday night, they were responding to a report of a drowning, RTV6's Jeremy Brilliant reported.

"Deputies quickly observed that the man appeared to be brutally attacked before his death," Morgan County detective Dan Downing said. "At that point, other investigators were called in."

Boyd Fiscus, 83, had multiple bite marks all over his body. Police said four dogs, owned by a neighbor, mauled him to death.

"It was definitely the most violent crime scene that I have seen as of yet," Downing said.

According to police, the dogs were an American bulldog, a Johnson bulldog, a neapolitan mastiff and a border collie. Officials said Fiscus knew the dogs and had even fed them in the past.

Police say dogs like these were involved in the attack.

"He petted them quite often. We're not really sure what happened or what provoked this event, or even if it was provoked," Downing said.

Fiscus' neighbor, Jim Baker, said Fiscus was a friendly man in good health. He spent hours each day doing yard work.

"I thought he probably had a heart attack or something because he works hard," Baker said. "I'm not surprised, but I didn't think they (the dogs) were that mean. You see the same dogs around quite a bit."

Police think the same dogs may have been involved in another attack against a child more than a year ago.

"The investigation has led us to a 12-year-old girl that was bitten by a group of dogs," Downing said. "We're still trying to make sure this was the same group of dogs."

So far, criminal charges have not been filed, but the investigation is ongoing.

If police do file charges, they could range from misdemeanor counts for allowing animals to stray to more serious felony reckless homicide charges.

All four dogs involved in the attack will be destroyed at the owner's request.

heidiho
July 5th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Only posted this because one of the dogs was a border collie,hmmm,see they are not all pit bulls that attack people.

LavenderRott
July 5th, 2005, 12:09 PM
HMMMMM, I haven't heard of a Johnson Bulldog. Guess I need to go ask my pittie friends about that one.

heidiho
July 5th, 2005, 01:04 PM
I havent either...Let me know..

Copper'sMom
July 5th, 2005, 01:11 PM
**sarcasm** :eek: Border Collies don't bite only Pit Bull's bite!! What is the world coming to if border collies are biting?

Johnson bulldog??? This must be a new breed! Maybe it's going to replace Pit Bulls!

heidiho
July 5th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Gonna have to ban border collies......

LavenderRott
July 5th, 2005, 01:28 PM
A Johnson Bulldog (according to the folks on the pit bull forum) is an American Bulldog bred to have droopier faces and a more elongated snout. Bred by a man named - you guessed it - Johnson!

heidiho
July 5th, 2005, 01:34 PM
HMMMMMMM,Wonder what they look like..

LavenderRott
July 5th, 2005, 01:47 PM
http://www.johndjohnsonkennels.com/

heidiho
July 5th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Is it me or do there legs look weird>>>>>>>>>....

Angeleyes1437
July 5th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Johnson Bulldogs are just a different line of American Bulldog.

heidiho
July 5th, 2005, 02:54 PM
They have a weird body shape in the front,does not look normal to me..

Melinda
July 5th, 2005, 05:52 PM
it looks like their head is too small for the body....

heidiho
July 5th, 2005, 06:24 PM
They look bold legged,i dont know how else to describe it..