Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Hound

db7
July 5th, 2005, 12:22 PM
A Basset Hound was found last night on the main campus of U of Toronto. Currently in the custody of the U of T Police Services, of which I have an affiliation.

I am told the the dog (male i believe) is about 1 yr old, well groomed, no collar.

One of the officers on night shift took it home with plans to take it to get checked for a chip this AM.

I've sent a message to the Basset Rescue to get them to take the dog if we don't have any luck with a chip.

Contact me on this board if this is your dog.

Luba
July 5th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Super duper can you get a picture??

db7
July 5th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Officer took pooch home after his night shift, Couldn't keep him at the station and HS wasn't open. He hasn't called back yet, he's still sleeping. I'm hoping to get a hold of the dog so he doesn't have to spend any time at the HS.

Luba
July 5th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Is this Scarb campus or downtown?

Ya pls dont let the dog go to HS BUT it was great he took the dog home!
Call TAS to see if the dog has been reported missing:

Toronto Animal Services at 416-338-PAWS(7297).

db7
July 5th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Downtown campus. Haven't been able to get a human to answer the phone at TAS.

Luba
July 5th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Keep trying :D

db7
July 7th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Update

It is a female, 7-8 months. No chip/tattoo. Currently with the TSH at Queen and River.

Luba
July 7th, 2005, 12:26 PM
THS lol

Just a pup :(

lornaron
July 9th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Iwas hoping to see the pup down at THS, but he wasn't there tonight when I walked around and I haven't seen him on the website all week...trust me, I know them all by name at this point in my own doggie search. Maybe he got fostered out straight away?

Luba
July 9th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Maybe his family found him :D

THS only does foster homes (correct me if I'm wrong) IF the dog/cat/other is sick, too young to adopt or special needs.

db7
July 9th, 2005, 11:36 AM
The LOST dogs are not viewable. They stay LOST for a week then I think the person that brought it in gets first dibs before it goes up for adoption.

lauriem
July 10th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Could this be Lorna and Rons dog?

Luba
July 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM
I believe Lorna's been down there to check already, so I don't think so.
There was a spotting of her dog though and a lady fed him then he took of..how rude LOL