Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

are there any areas in ontario less smoggy

jackieb
July 5th, 2005, 09:24 AM
im in Cambridge not far from toronto about 50 minutes my youngest has got asthma the pedatrition says not to let him out in the smog. I was just wondering if any areas of Ontario arent as smoggy?

Writing4Fun
July 5th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Yes, there are, but not within driving distance to Toronto (aka The Big Smoke ;) ). Here's a site that might help you find what you're looking for: Ontario Air Quality Index (http://www.airqualityontario.com/reports/summary.cfm)

Lizzie
July 5th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Plenty! You just need to remove yourself from a metropolis zone--or any area that would receive the residule smog (sent courrier through the wind for you!) from the big city.

Luba
July 5th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately the smog drifts with the wind/jet stream! AQI is constantly changing. I am suburb of Toronto and our AQI is sometimes higher then theirs.

However being closer to the border of the US may make the smog worse.

Do you have a/c ?

jackieb
July 5th, 2005, 03:22 PM
i have ac on this house not in the house i move into soon i just looked and there arent many places in ontario that arent smoggy! I was wondering were would be less smoggy!

Jazz&Cricket
July 5th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Try the Northeast - We have great weather :) And believe it or not, there is life north of the GTA ;)

jackieb
July 5th, 2005, 03:40 PM
i actually live 45 minutes + from toronto but its still smoggy here

Safyre
July 5th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Sorry, but my city yhas had the worst AQI a few times this summer.
Horribly thing, since we have only 2 large factories in town. Sarnia, otherwise known was ontarios' chemical valley, had better Air Quality than we did.
YUCK

And I empathise with your son, I have asthma as well.

Prin
July 5th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I hear that the Yukon is not too smoggy...

If you are thinking of moving, move to Calgary. The dry air will work wonders on the asthma. :)

Crazy Hippie
July 7th, 2005, 05:40 PM
I understand where you're coming from, I hate breathing in that smoggy air. So sad that our planet is in such a state that we can't see the blue sky half the time. If you want to get cleaner air, I'd think it's best the farther north you go. I plan on moving north when I'm finally done school - who wants to start a family where there's such dirty air! Sooner or later I'm afraid it will catch up to us no matter where we go :sad: