Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Missing Toby

lornaron
July 4th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Hello everyone, we're looking for our dog Toby, he's a beagle/basset mix (possibly a bit of terrier too!). He has been missing since July 1 from Concord, Ont. We were walking at Keffer Marsh in the Keele & HWY 7 area. He is black/tricolour, wearing a blue collar (with tags on) and a chain collar too. He is about 35lbs, microchipped and neutered. We are terribly worried about him, he's a very shy dog (he wouldn't even go into the local park if he saw a toddler on a swing!) and miss him so much. We've spent 30 plus hours this weekend looking in that area to no avail. If anyone lives in that area and would like to put up a poster (we've already put up about 100!) I can send you the pdf of the poster, otherwise, here's his photo. Many thanks, and good luck to everyone who is missing their dog.

Lorna & Ron

Luba
July 5th, 2005, 07:17 AM
The photo didn't work so if you need help let me know :D

Luba
July 5th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Great picture btw :D

Have you had any luck?

CyberKitten
July 5th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Have you looked at that Pet Detective web site http://www.pet-detective.com/

There are some great ideas there - more than I can give you - in how to search for your lost loved 4 legged furball. Good luck!!!!

lornaron
July 6th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Thanks for your support, still no luck i'm afraid. I'm so desperately upset, I plan to go walking the trials tommorow again, I'll walk to Sudbury if I have to!
We're on pet detective, info pet, you name it! We're on the city shelter sites, humane society and the microchip company has faxed an alert to all the vet clinics in the area. I don't know what else to do, I don't have the resources to put ads in the newspapers, but i've had some lovely people call when they've seen the posters and told me that they are keeping an eye out for him. It's very comforting just to "feel the love" from the pet lovers out there!

Copper'sMom
July 6th, 2005, 03:21 PM
:grouphug: I hope you find him soon!!! :grouphug: :fingerscr

Luba
July 6th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Never ever give up!!!

The more exposure your dog gets the better.

I also suggest that you send emails to every single shelter in the area, every rescue and include a picture of your dog.

Sending those pos vibes to get Toby home safe and sound!!

levimh
July 6th, 2005, 05:38 PM
If he has Beagle and Basset hound in him, he might've gone farther than you would have thought. I don't know your dogs personality, but he could be somewhere where you weren't expecting (following that nose). Look everywhere - even where you wouldn't expect to find him.

Hope you find him. :)

coppperbelle
July 6th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I just want to suggest that not only should you call the shelters but go visit them too. A shelter in my area is notorious for telling people their pet isn't there when it really is.

Good luck finding him. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now.

Linda

lornaron
July 6th, 2005, 07:56 PM
:( Thanks everyone, it means so much to get such positive feedback and support :)

Yes, we plan on visiting all the shelters at the week-end and I think I should do more flyers.

Cheers everyone, hug a furry friend for me.

Luba
July 6th, 2005, 10:05 PM
If you need help with posters email me and I'll make it up for you, then you can just print them off and drop them off places as you go along :D

lornaron
July 7th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Wow, this dog-searching is a full-time job! But I've had some lovely people being so helpful again today. Kim at York Regional Transit is kindly putting his poster somewhere that the bus drivers will be able to see it, which is very nice. I made a discovery today, that there is a dog that I know is at the HS on River St in Toronto and has been since Monday, yet he still hasn't made it to the lost pet web page, once again it's a case of, "DUH, Lorna!" I guess you really do have to go there in person (oh quit rolling your eyes you smartypants!!)

I registered him on K911.com today too, it can't hurt i guess

Hubby has photocopied another 100 plus flyers, we're doing a flyer drop in the residential area around Keele/hwy7 tonight. I'm attaching a pdf of his lost poster, just incase anyone wants to stick it up somewhere.

I've done a fax blitz today, golf courses and all the shelters...fingers crossed
have a good day everyone and thanks for everything :)

Luba
July 7th, 2005, 01:57 PM
I brightened the picture for you.....

lornaron
July 8th, 2005, 11:52 PM
searched HS dpwntown tonight. No Toby. Got home, a nice lady called as we walked in the door, our first sighting!! Toby has travelled north from where he was lost (i.e not towards home), the lady saw him last Saturday, he was in her yard apparently (very un-Toby like!) and she fed him and when she went in to get him more, he took off. Unfortunately, she didn't call animal control and she didn't phone us until tonight, 6 days later (she probably only just saw one of the posters). But we we're thrilled to get a call and we jumped straight back in the van and off we went to put posters up around her location (and a couple of GO stations in the area too). She saw him on Forest Run Blvd. It's right at Dufferin & Rutherford. There's a lot of new construction in the area, so that's where we'll be headed tomorrow, after a quick trip to the shelters. Wish us luck! :)

twinmommy
July 8th, 2005, 11:57 PM
oohh!! Good luck!! Sending you lots and lots of positive vibes!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :D .>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

let us know as soon as you have news!!! :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

Luba
July 9th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Thats fantastic news!!!

TOBY stay put in one place you hound so someone can get you back with your family, do you hear me young man!! LOL :p

Best of luck Lorna, I'm really pulling for you....

If you haven't gone yet, I'd like to make a suggestion...take a portable BBQ with you and some hamburger and hot dogs....NO not for you guys.

Set it up near the area you think he will be and start cooking, the smell of the food will bring him out. I've known this to work time and time again. And he's a hound so it makes it that much easier.

If you don't have a porti bbq borrow a coleman stove from someone ...trust me this DOES work!!!!

Don't forget to take water with you and his dish he'll probably be thirsty.
Advise your vet whats going on and set up a 'can drop by anytime once yu get him' appt with the vet...to make sure he's okay. He may have ticks on him or wore his pads down running.

Also keep calling his name, wind carries sounds.

lornaron
July 9th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Oh boy, another day of searching in vain! I thought for sure we'd get a bunch of calls after all the flyers went up around that neighbourhood, but nothing else so far. We went up to the Kennel Inn and the city shelter on Sheppard, no luck. Then we did another 70 or so flyers on every street in the new developments around Dufferin/Rutherford. I think that's it, I don't think theres anything else we can do. Now we'll just have to wait it out. We are all exhausted (it doesn't help that we live MILES from the search area). I think hubby is going to put his foot down now and say "enough's enough". I wouldn't mind trying that BBQ tip though, Luba!! Sounds like a tasty idea!! The area is so vast and spread out up there, plus there's tons of farmland with all kinds of "keep out" signs, I'm not sure where we'd set it up. He's probably feasting on other people's BBQ as we speak, it's all B'BQ-on-a-Saturday-night-kind of family area' if you know what I mean! I'll run the idea past hubby...if he thinks HE'LL get some food, he might just be into it! Going for a nap now, thanks everyone, you keep me going, I don't know how I'd do it without you.

chico2
July 9th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Lornaron,I was reading all the posts and hoping the last one would say"We found him!"but no..
I know everyone here is hoping and praying for little Toby and hopefully all the good vibes will bring him home to you (((Hugs)))!

Luba
July 9th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I'll keep hoping for you...any new ideas I'll let you know.

The BBQ thing...just explain to anyone complaining why you are doing it and give them a flyer :D

raingirl
July 10th, 2005, 10:45 AM
have you tried www.petharbor.com?? you can search more than one shelter at once in ontario.

lauriem
July 10th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Lorna and Ron,

Please don't give up. There is always hope. I just found my dog after worrying for 17 days. I offered a reward and the people jumped on it. I want to know that my prayers are definately with you. Please keep us posted with any news. I placed posters everywhere, banks, mailboxes, 7/11's, mall's, grocery stores, newspaper, side of my van, then I drove everyday with her photo and asked everyone I saw. I even squeeked her favorite squeeky toy all over the town.

My dog was 3 towns away, a 15-20 minute car drive. Use all of your resources. If there is anything I could do to help you, let me know.
xo Laurie

Luba
July 10th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I emailed and got no response Lorna maybe give a call, you never know :fingerscr

941292- Dog:Beagle/Estonian Hound?
Markham,ON 905 294 0690 Becky becksy2002@hotmail.com 07-03-2005
Name: N/A
Sex:M
Size:M
Found on McCowan Road in Markham, Ontario without identification. Responds to voice, doesnt respond well to commands. Appearance: Black back, white paws and muzzle, brown head. This dog is friendly. He shows sign of age and is possibly unneutered?

lornaron
July 10th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Well, we tried the BBQ idea! Unfortunately it didn't work....but we're enjoying our new portable bbq at least! I had Toby's lost poster pinned to the back of my folding chair, we must have looked like a couple of crazies sitting in the middle of a housing development next to a few trees having a bbq! We kept calling his name and roasting those weenies and burgers, but no luck! :( So I think that's all we can do. We spent $50 on gas this weekend alone, we just can't afford to keep going so far away every night, I wish we could, but we've done our best. It's so sad when I see that people have already started ripping our Toby posters down. I'm really surprised that we haven't recieved ONE phone call after all those flyers in this new area. We put the everywhere you can imagine. I'm a bit upset that the microchip company who said that they would send out fax alerts to all the vets in the area, obviously didn't, because all the ones I went too had not recieved anything. It's that kind of thing that's so discouraging, now I'm thinking, oh I have to start with all the vets myself now when I thought that was all covered. Ha ha, we even drove into a swanky golf course to ask them to put up a poster, with Ron in his very relaxed casual wear! Oh well. I'm going to see if any of the Toronto news papers will do free lost dog listings.

The saddest thing is that we are going to a cabin up north on Saturday and I wont even be in cell phone range. The whole point of going to this place was because Toby could come too. We were so excited and now we don't even care if we go or not.

So to answer someone's question yes, we're on petharbour, we check it twice a day at least, but thanks for mentioning it. And Luba, the dog you sent is not Toby i'm afraid, the girl who found him is very sweet, she called me when she saw about Toby on another pet website. We've e-mailed back and forth over it. I told her, I hope Toby finds someone like her...or any of you guys! Wouldn't that be cool!

Everyone - you guys are truly caring and it's wonderful that you post here to keep me going, I appreciate every cheery thought you send this way. And if anyone ever loses a dog in Toronto - I will be out there like a shot, searching with you, trust me on that!!

Hug your pet. ttyl.

raingirl
July 11th, 2005, 08:00 PM
could this be him?

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4608690&adTarget=&SessionID=42d303741ed4538f-app2&display=&preview=1&row=75&tmpl=&stat=

also, have you contacted the Canadian Hound Rescue? Just in case someone finds him and turns him over to them?

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/ON143.html

Luba
July 11th, 2005, 09:58 PM
hmmmm raingirl lets compare:

http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/ON21/ON21.4608690-3-x.jpg

Luba
July 11th, 2005, 09:59 PM
:grouphug: Close :( very close!

We are not giving up hope Lorna!!

lornaron
July 12th, 2005, 06:53 AM
very close, guys! And speaking of close...The most drama filled- day EVER was yesterday. I was at work, thankfully I had the mini-van yesterday (i work downtown T.0., hubby is almost in Oakville) and my cell phone rang. The guy on the other end said "we have your dog! He's runnning around in our yard, playing with our dogs!" So imagine, I'm leaping for joy, completely shaking with nervous excitement and I dash from work with my five-yr old son and a big pitcher of water! I drove like a maniac all the way up the 400 to HWY 7 and clearside. Just south of that right under the 407 bridge is the paving co. where Toby was. When I got there (I was circling around, a bit lost looking!) two guys in a car pulled up sharply and said, "are you here for the dog? THIS WAY!" So I'm almost hysterically excited at this point, my heart is racing, we get to the outdoor doggy yard and .........he's gone. Apparently he's been visiting these two guard dogs (but not nasty snarly ones) every night, sneaking through a gap in the bars and going to bed with them in their little house!! One of the dogs is TOTALLY in love with him apparently and kind of looks after him. So he's getting fed and watered regularly, the people there say they feed him and the guy with the coffee wagon feeds him, so he's not starving or anything. It seems that each morning, as it gets really loud and busy there, he runs off to the west where the cemetery is (Beechwood on Jane st). At least the guys there were very nice and they said that if Toby comes back they will quickly cover the gap so that he can't escape and then call me.

Garrett and I checked through the whole cemetery, all of us went up after work too and did the cemetery and waited at the paving company, but no sign. Ron went back late last night, but no Toby. Isn't it turning into the "Littlest Hobo"!! He's meeting all these people and having great adventures! No wonder he doesn't respond when we call, he couldn't care less!! Jeesh. At least we know he's safe and fed for the time being. Maybe I'll get a call this morning, who knows. I'll let you know straight away if I do!

Iggette
July 12th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Your so close, I hope Toby is home soon! Don't give up. I'm keeping Toby in my prayers in hopes that he makes it home safely :angel:

chico2
July 12th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Lorna that's wonderful news,keeping fingers and toes crossed for Toby :fingerscr

badger
July 12th, 2005, 08:17 PM
The suspense is killing me! If you get him tonight, don't forget to come back and tell us. Everything crossable is crossed. What a nice bunch of people, your dog lucked out!

lornaron
July 13th, 2005, 11:00 PM
ARGH! This dog is just out to partyI think! Is it possible he smells that we've been around his batchelor pad and thought"uh-oh they're on my trail, better keep moving"!! He hasn't been back to that place now and he was going there every day for almost a week! Ron did another late night search all around that area, put up yet more posters, my co-worker searched the area with some friends too, but nothing. He also seems to be using the railway lines to get around, I guess he finds them quiet and less dangerous than the roads. So if he continued going west (towards home) along the tracks, then he'd probably be around hwy 7/steeles and Islington about now. Unless of course he's gone back the way he came. We're running out of time, we leave to go up north on Saturday morning and I'm going to hate not having a phone. I guess I'll have to change my outgoing message and ask my friend to take calls for me, just in case. Oh I was so excited on Monday, how could this dog be so naughty!! :mad:

Luba
July 14th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Maybe he was trying to follow your scent, knowing that you were there?

badger
July 22nd, 2005, 07:01 PM
Bump bump. Any progress?

Luba
July 22nd, 2005, 10:02 PM
I think they're on holiday at the moment.

lornaron
July 25th, 2005, 01:52 PM
:( We've been on vacation for a week, I felt sure that I'd get home and that there would at least be some news of Toby, but not even one phone call. I put my friends phone number on our outgoing message, because she was willing to go and pick him up from wherever and keep him for us. But no a single call....I'm beyond depressed. TTYL.

Lissa
July 25th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Oh, that's so terrible :( ! I've been hoping and praying that Toby would be waiting for you when you returned home. That must be so worrisome, I really hope that nothing has happened to him - especially since it sounded like the little munchkin was out on the town enjoying himself.

I hope you hear soemthing encouraging soon, good luck!

Luba
July 27th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Lorna don't give up! We're all rooting for your Toby to make a safe journey back to you somehow!! Keep faith, keep making calls and visits, keep replacing posters and messages. Don't give up, go out and look as much as you can and just hope one day he'll be back with you!

HUGS

lornaron
July 28th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Oh thanks everyone, as usual, keeping my spirits up. I've felt terrible since getting back to the empty house. I'm so discouraged by the total lack of calls. To think i was THAT close to getting him that time, so depressing. My mom is visiting from England and so thats stopped us from getting out there doing our postering and pestering campaign! Where could he be now? It's been two and a half weeks since we heard anything, he could be anywhere by now.:( Well my mom leaves here on Tuesday and after that I'll get out in the evenings again, but where to start, I don't know.

Luba
July 29th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I am sure mom would love to accompany you look for your dog :D

doggy lover
July 29th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Oh your poor doggy, I hope you find him, you would be surprised how well they survive. If he is hanging out in a certain area wear some old clothes and tie them to a fence or tree and maybe he will stay in the area for you as he can smell you there. Just a thought. Good luck :fingerscr

raingirl
July 30th, 2005, 09:05 AM
I was just looking at petfinder and I saw this guy. Very similar, except maybe the ears. Thought I would post anyway in case it might be him:

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4712915&adTarget=&SessionID=42eb781048bc81cc-app1&display=&preview=1&row=225&tmpl=&stat=

http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/ON166/ON166.4712915-1-pn.jpg

lornaron
August 1st, 2005, 09:58 AM
Wow that one looks so much like Toby! But, alas, not enough white on the chest area and paws :( But thanks so much anyway! It's only a couple more days until my mom leaves and then I'll be able to get back on the trail. Unfortunately my mom is a bit frail and can't sit in the car so long otherwise, she'd be happy to come on the dog hunt!

Thanks all!

Luba
August 1st, 2005, 11:59 AM
Too bad about mom, she must have been so uncomfortable on that long plane ride here then from the UK. Especially when those seats on the airplanes are so narrow and stiff. Did she take anything to comfort her on the plane? I know peope who take their own pillows and back supports, things like that.

lornaron
August 3rd, 2005, 11:17 PM
the drinks service helps :D

She managed to leave T.O. at 4a.m. The crash at Pearson (about 5 mins from me) caused a real backlog of flights (thank goodness everyone on THAT flight was OK).

So now she's gone and my life is starting to sound like a country and western song.."my dog's gone, my momma's gone..." :D I'm itching to go Toby searching, but Ron doesn't think it's reasonable to do that any more. I guess he's right, but I just want to do it anyway. What do you think? Anyone?

Luba
August 3rd, 2005, 11:47 PM
My brother lives close to the airport too he was lucky happened to be working from home that day and didn't get stuck on the 427/401

BYEEE mom have a safe ride home :queen:

Lorna if my Sadie was lost I would never stop looking to be honest!! NEVER

I'd be searching all the time esp in wooded areas. If Toby has a dog pal that he plays with a lot take that dog with you!! Dogs can sniff eachother out.

chico2
August 4th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Lornaron,never give up searching,Toby is out there somewhere waiting for his mommy to find him!! The only hope is that someone is feeding him and giving him water,this exhausting heat is difficult for any animal,even more so for a dog who cannot find his way home :sad:
I would be searching every free minute I have until I found him,one way or the other,so please,do not give up on poor Toby!

twodogsandacat
August 4th, 2005, 08:16 AM
The Humane Society believes the Pointer I adopted was out on his own for about three months, He is a hunter and is quite adapt at finding food and water. Although he had nearly every worm imaginable other than heartworm he was in pretty good shape when they finally got him.

You dog is a hunter too and he is may be very adept at finding food although it may be nothing either of us would ever consider eating. Donít give up. They are tougher than you think. Keep looking.

lornaron
August 8th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Nothing new to report I'm afraid. I haven't been able to go out in the evening yet and I just wouldn't know where to start. He's wandered all over. The paving company spot where he was going to eat and drink (and hang out with the guard dogs) haven't called to say that he's been back yet. I'm getting worried that the guard dog that didn't like him has hurt him or something :(

Prin
August 8th, 2005, 10:17 PM
That's too bad. :sad: Good luck.

Luba
August 8th, 2005, 11:14 PM
They may have lost your information, have you called them yourself or been over there?

It sounds like you're giving up hope so not looking anymore. You have to give yourself a little boost and try again!!!! :grouphug:

chico2
August 9th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Definetly go back to the construction-site,if they think you've given up,they might not bother :sad:
Not everyone cares about a dog running lose,whether he lives or dies,maybe the person who called you is no longer there...who knows :confused:
If this is a place where Toby got food and water he might just stick around,but since you are not calling them,but waiting for them to call,they are not bothering.
I would also have a list of shelters to visit regularly...and never give up.
If Toby was killed by the guarddog,I am sure you could get the workers to tell you the truth,it would not have been their fault,no need to lie to you.

doggy lover
August 9th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Never give up hope.

happycats
August 9th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I found this guy on petfinders in mississauga, hes the same weight as your guy and they describe him as a beagle/terrier mix, I've got my fingers crossed :fingerscr :fingerscr http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4608690&adTarget=&SessionID=42f8bec86f7699b7-app3&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

lauriem
August 9th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I'm so completely freaked out that you haven't found Toby yet! Please keep your spirits high. I know when I lost my dog I started to maybe accept that I wouldn't find her, but I did, and she was well taken care of.

It is so important to keep looking, keep putting the posters, maybe it's also time to put a reward up if you haven't already. I know that's a risky thing to do but it could encourage you and who ever has him to give him up. Check all the shelters and keep calling the SPCA and even visit them often because they sometimes shuffle the animals to get more coverage and possible adoptions.

You are doing your best, be proud you are doing everything you can. I'll keep praying for your family and Toby.

xo Laurie

happycats
August 10th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Here is another one, may be him. http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4897436&adTarget=&SessionID=42fa228e09327efd-app1&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=
Fingers crossed :fingerscr

chico2
August 10th, 2005, 01:47 PM
That looks a lot like Toby,but Toby is micro-chipped,wouldn't whoever found him check first,I think he was also wearing a collar,but that could have come off....

Oceanichail
August 10th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Found this little guy on Petfinder.com. Looks very much like Toby... Hope this is him. This dog is currently with Take Me Home rescue in Mississauga.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4608690&adTarget=&SessionID=42fac2fe08b341e4-app5&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

White Wolf
August 11th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Oceanichail, that one really looks like him!! :eek: :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

doggy lover
August 11th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I don't think it is Toby has more white on his chest and on his front toes. Very close though, poor Toby he is out there somewhere, maybe someone has taken him in and kept him?

Luba
August 11th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Poor Toby can't imagine what he's going through if he's fending for himself.
I HOPE someone took him in to care for him, atleast then maybe he's safe.

Sigh, I just don't know what I would do..I'd be out of my mind if it were Sadie!

Luba
August 12th, 2005, 02:13 AM
http://www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=Detail&ID=A091108&LOCATION=TRHS
Toronto Humane Society
Ask for information about animal ID number: A091108

chico2
August 12th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Awww Luba,keep trying,we have not heard from Tobys owner for a while,I hope she's not given up on sweet Toby,he has to be somewhere :sad:

lornaron
August 23rd, 2005, 11:13 PM
Sorry to say, no news still. :( Our two new hamsters have distracted my five year old a little, but he gets teary-eyed every couple of days. I'm still checking all the web sites and shelter sites, and next week I'll be able to go out and do some more postering at the area he was last seen. Unfortunately, the price of gas has had a lot to do with me not being able to go out looking. We are not that well off and it cost us about $60 a day when we were looking before and I'm afraid I just can't afford that. He was lost so far away and the city is a big place! I just hope someone has taken Toby in, I've been in touch with every shelter (some of them call regularly to check that he's still missing) and they all have our posters. They promise me that they all scan immediately for microchips. I really appreciate everyone's help and good wishes, I hope people don't get angry with me and think that I'm not doing enough, I can only do as much as I can afford to, I have three children who eat 24/7!!!! My funds are stratched to the max!! Next week Ron and the two older kids are away, so I'll have a bit more time to go out looking. I'll try and fit two search sessions in...here's hoping....

Luba
November 6th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Just wondering if this baby was ever found?

ElaineG
November 8th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Hi:

I too have lost a dog, since October 24th. There have been no sightings for 9 days and he disappeared in very difficult terrain. I know what you are going through with family and work, etc. I am a single mom and have to work. It's very hard knowing my beloved pet is out there and avoiding people like the plague. I just want him back. My thoughts are with you.

Luba
December 6th, 2005, 12:07 AM
This DOG - ID#A343043
http://www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=Detail&ID=A343043&LOCATION=TRNT3
I am a female, black and brown Bluetick Hound.

The shelter thinks I am about 6 years old.

I have been at the shelter since Nov 23, 2005.
This information is 5 hours old.
Back To List For more information about this animal, call:
City of Toronto Animal Services East Region at (416) 338-7539
Ask for information about animal ID number A343043

This one needs a home :D

lornaron
December 21st, 2005, 08:52 PM
:( No good news to report i'm afraid. Toby has been gone for almost 6 months now and I still miss him a lot. I can only hope that some kind family has taken him in. We are looking into another dog to fill the void. Good luck to everyone out there missing their dog.

Sheltielover
December 21st, 2005, 10:16 PM
lornaron, I'm sorry you never found Toby.:sad: I know how hard it is,we still haven't found our Abbey and shes been gone over 2 mths now. I'm hoping time heals the heartache but I still miss her very much. Good Luck with your search of your new family member....

happycats
December 21st, 2005, 10:40 PM
I'm so sorry to all who have not yet found their beloved pets, and pray that they are all in a warm loving home for the holidays.

chico2
December 22nd, 2005, 07:52 AM
I am so sorry your dogs are still missing,I can imagine the pain you are feeling:sad:
All we can hope for this Christmas,that they do have a warm place to be,with a loving family,although the very best would be if they could find their way home.

sydney'smommy
December 22nd, 2005, 11:29 AM
this makes me so sad. my dog has been gone a month and i still feel like i'l just drive around the corner and see her somewhere. i can't imagine 6 months! oh, this is so hard

lornaron
March 10th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Wow, it's been 8 months and still no Toby. He's still in our thoughts, I still get the e-mail from petharbour every day. I don't know when I'll be able to give that up.:( I just got Toby's license renewal form in the mail...:( I guess I just check off the "lost" box. Hi to everyone, I hope you're all doing well.

cpietra16
March 10th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Oh Lornaron...I was hoping there was good news...:fingerscr . It's hard. I know I still look into all the shelters where my Misty could be or end up, and its been over 2 years and I am still hoping for that one miracle.

chico2
March 11th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Lornaron,I saw your post and was hoping....
So sorry she's still missing,I don't think I would ever give up hope,so please don't:fingerscr