Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost/Stolen JRT in Indian River, ON area

Roxy's_MA
July 4th, 2005, 06:21 PM
One of the members of the JRT group that I belong to believes his dog was stolen this morning. It looks like the dog was baited with weiners. :(

To view a picture and contact info please see the link below.

http://www.jrtcc.com/jrt_stolen.htm

Luba
July 4th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Here's the beautiful doggie:

Roxy's_MA
July 4th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks for posting that picture Luba :)

Luba
July 4th, 2005, 07:07 PM
ANYTIME!! my pleasure :D

Roxy's_MA
July 5th, 2005, 11:10 AM
She has been found!!!

Luba
July 5th, 2005, 02:08 PM
YIPPIE YIPPIE YAHOO!!

You have to tell us the story!!!

Roxy's_MA
July 5th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I guess they found her in the driveway after coming home from putting up posters, looked like she had been running pretty hard. They figured she escaped her kidnapper or the dog made such a fuss they let her go (I know my JR can be pretty loud and ear piercing when she wants to be). I guess there had been reports to the local pound of a few other dogs being stolen (baited with weiners) in the last few days around the area. He feels very strongly that the dog did not run off and come back, but that she was taken.

The owner of the dog races and shows his JR's. This dog was not fixed, they had just made the decision to spay her.

After talking to people in the area they think it maybe a byb or a mill operation that was taking dogs from the area. It is really scary to know that these people have no regard for the life of an animal and that they would steal one from a good home.

LavenderRott
July 5th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Stealing unaltered pets from backyards is not that uncommon in some States. Last year or the year before a major puppymill was shut down in Ohio, I believe, and many of the dogs confiscated were believed to have been stolen. It was as nasty a scene that you could hear about with collars found on dogs long dead. There were over a hundred people at the shelter looking for dogs that were stolen from homes.

Luba
July 5th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Thank goodness the dog is safe!