Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My horse Sunny!

Wudjah
July 4th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Here's my mare - she was coming for treats and nickering all the way!

Luba
July 4th, 2005, 10:57 AM
OH she is BEAUTIFUL oh I just want to feed her some sliced apples!!

Did you see the three Ponies looking for homes in Ontario? Do you know anyone?

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=16921

Wudjah
July 4th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks Luba, we all think she is beautiful too!!

As for the ponies, I don't know anyone in that area. I would definetely take one (and GELD it) but transport for horses can be expensive and hard to find.
If I do hear of anyone looking, I'll let them know.

Jenny

Luba
July 4th, 2005, 12:13 PM
I wonder if THEY would transport for you :D

Lissa
July 4th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Wow, she's a looker! What do you do together? She looks like she's more then just a pleasure horse?!??!

Wudjah
July 4th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Maybe I'll contact them and see if they'll do the transport!

Jenny

Wudjah
July 4th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Sunny used to be shown in hunter/jumper classes before I got her. She is a 15 year old registered Canadian sport horse (1/2 hanoverian 1/2 thoroughbred) - her Father was a wellknown RCMP stallion. About a year and a half to two years ago she tore her tendon sheath and was rested for a year. Her vet gave the go ahead to resume showing/jumping but the young owner decided she wanted to get into eventing which a lot more gruelling and the vet didn't think her leg would hold up well enough for that. The parents put her up for sale but then ended up talking everyone out of her (as she's not a beginners horse). They eventually decided that they'd rather just give her away to an approved home that wouldn't just turn around and sell her in a year. So, I really lucked out with her - she's just a pleasure horse now and we're planning on starting on trails now that she's settled in. She could still compete in jumping if I knew someone interested in showing her, but there's no way you'd find me doing it LOL!!

Luba
July 4th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Well she is just beautiful, so feel free to share any more of your lovely pictures.

Let me know what the owner of the ponies say to you. Who knows maybe if they won't transport we can find someone on here or on petfinder that will help!!

Keeping fingers crossed. This is the time I wish I lived in a more rural neighbourhood.

When we first moved here, some of our neighbours still had chickens and ducks and donkeys and goats.....now sigh very much different.

Copper'sMom
July 4th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Oh she's beautiful!!!!! Let me rephrase that.............she's breath taking!!!

Do the dogs like her?? Copper LOVES horses. He also likes to eat any patties he can find too :yuck: .

jiorji
July 4th, 2005, 03:56 PM
oh wow!!

you're lucky she's very beautiful!

Lissa
July 4th, 2005, 04:05 PM
He also likes to eat any patties he can find too :yuck: .

Ha! So does Dodger, horse poop is even better then cat poop in his world! He nearly got us run-over because he needed to inhale the "patty" (great word by the way!) TASTY!!

chico2
July 4th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Aww Wudjah,she is sooo beautiful,I think horses are one of the most beautiful animals in the world...I wish I could have one in my backyard :D
You are very lucky you can keep a horse..

CyberKitten
July 4th, 2005, 05:08 PM
She is indeed beautiful!! I had a horse named Sunshine when I was younger - did some equestrian events but I did not continue in the sport. Your post brought back some fond memories for me.

Wudjah
July 4th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Sunny is boarding with a good friend of mine (she has 8 of her own plus 4 other boarders) as I live in the city. When we bought our home last year we could have moved to the country but my husband KNEW I'd bring home even more then I do now!!! I can't say I blame him.
So, none of my dogs have actually met Sunny. Our old girl Jasmine was raised around horses before we got her but I introduced her to one of my friend's horses and she tried to bite it's nose - I think she was protecting me as I lifted her off the ground to sniff it over the gate. So, just to be safe, I don't take either one of the big guys out there with me. Tequila has seen the horses but she knows better then to get to close.

Jenny

Lucky Rescue
July 5th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Oh how beautiful she is!!

I love horses and like to hang around a neighbour who raises cutting horses. The foals are too gorgeous!:)

doggy lover
July 6th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I love horses they are so proud.