Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good day turned bad

angie79
July 4th, 2005, 10:16 AM
I'm so frustrated.... I injured my self at work a month ago, I have permission to go back to work p/t :thumbs up

I'm so excited. Today I have to go back to the Dr. and tell him that the physio says I'm fit for P/t not full time yet :(.

I went out side to start my car to go to the Dr.'s office and it wont start...
wont turn over, I put the charger on it was 90% to start went to 100% and still the same......

I'm so mad....

BF says maybe connectors, he's going to look @ his lunch break....
anyone have ideas, i changed the alternator in dec. started perfect yesterday..

going to be great if I get permission today to go back and have no way to get there

Angeleyes1437
July 4th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Do you hear a "tick" "tick" "tick" when you try to start it? Because it can be the starter if you do.

angie79
July 4th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Its trying to turn but wont... :(

Safyre
July 4th, 2005, 11:03 AM
what do you HEAR when it tries to turn over though? (ha, internet bad place to try to get females to explain car noises) is there any power, lights, radio, anything...?

angie79
July 4th, 2005, 11:07 AM
trying to turn no lights or radio.... battery light comes on and the engine light too

Angeleyes1437
July 4th, 2005, 11:08 AM
On well if it's trying to turn than it's not the starter... I missed you saying that part, lol. If there is no lights, power or anything it can be your battery which isn't too big of a big deal... if could be a lot of things though.

pags
July 4th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Your BF could be right about the connectors... My battery cables went bad several times.. and for some reason always after I had battery woes - and had to replace the alternator... It was irritating because the battery was fine and everything else was fine.. but I didn't have enough power to start...

angie79
July 4th, 2005, 11:42 AM
i just went to show him what was happening and it started

pags
July 4th, 2005, 12:26 PM
ROFL angie!!! I HATE it when that happens.
You may still want to look at your cables/connections and make sure there's nothing loose, frayed, or corroded ... Such a thing could cause it to not start intermittently.

Luba
July 4th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Alternator, Generator or starter motor....if the bat was dead it wouldn't start at all.

mafiaprincess
July 4th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Battery connectors warp from heat, and eventually slightly change shape over time so the contact points are less and less.

If it intermittent starts it could end up being your neutral switch failing. I got stuck at a corn stand in the middle of nowhere fiddlign with my battery cables.. got it to start, thankfully got home with my of course dead cell phone, and when I tried to start it again, maybe every 15th try started, and then not at all. Started in neutral without fail. Was a pain in the butt when I hadn't thought to try neutral.

angie79
July 4th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Well good news is its started ever since, went to the Dr.'s got the ok to return to work :) :thumbs up so i go back wed. boss says he doesn't need me tomorow,

So I'll take my poor civie to the dr tomorow I'll ask my bf if he can squeeze me in...

The day turned good after all!!!!!!!