Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

nail polish remover?

raingirl
July 3rd, 2005, 07:25 PM
Anyone know anything that removes nail polish that I might have at home? I ran out of nail polish remover, and don't have time to go out to a store. I rarely wear polish, but put some on for a wedding I went to friday. Now it's all chipped and I tend to peel some off, and I wanted to remove it before work tomorrow. i tried rubbing alcohol, didn't work.

Luba
July 3rd, 2005, 07:36 PM
Just repaint them until u get the remover.

raingirl
July 3rd, 2005, 07:48 PM
actually didn't think of that.. don't really want to go that option though...most nails I picked about 50% of the polish off so repainting them means I get a "bump"...

Oh well...I hate nail polish. I have this horrible habit of peeling and picking it off which is bad because it can take layers of nail off too...

aparently you can actually put more polish on and wipe the old off if you are quick, because nail polish remover is really just what is already in nail polish that just evaporates/dries. Maybe I will try that.

Karin
July 3rd, 2005, 07:55 PM
Acetone, paint remover, some paint thinners, MEK..(hard to find since taken off the market).

I have heard that napalm works too if you just happen to have any lying around...

Safyre
July 3rd, 2005, 08:20 PM
Rubbing Alcohol works, takes a lil while to work though.

I know that lemon juice will help take staining off your nails, not sure if it will remove polish! you can always try if you have some laying around!

Lizzie
July 3rd, 2005, 08:28 PM
I think what Luba meant was to put new polish off and then wipe it off...it will take the rest off too if you let it sit for a minute. New polish will act as a remover if you wipe it off when drying :) I don't think she meant to just cover over the stuff you had peeling off :thumbs up :confused: