Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pus Sack On A Puppy

wilson81
July 3rd, 2005, 12:21 AM
never mind

mafiaprincess
July 3rd, 2005, 12:34 AM
Have the puppies been seen by a vet yet? If not they all need to go, and mom needs a post pregnacy check up. The vet at the check up can evaluate what the lump was. Could be worse than just a pus filled sack for no reason.

Luba
July 3rd, 2005, 11:46 AM
What did the vet say.

Prin
July 3rd, 2005, 06:49 PM
What did the vet say.
Yes, what did the vet say?

Lucky Rescue
July 3rd, 2005, 07:24 PM
IF you want to be a breeder, there are many costs involved.

These puppies and their mother need to see a vet now.

wilson81
July 4th, 2005, 01:04 AM
the puppies went to vet 3 days after they were born and all was fine, the sack appeared late friday night. i have been draining the sack and applying neosporin into the hole 3 times aday. but thanks for the help

Lucky Rescue
July 4th, 2005, 10:18 AM
You may not like the advice here, but any pus filled sac could be an abcess of some sort.

This needs to be treated from the inside out, as often these things will continue to fill and drain.

DO NOT put peroxide on it!

Luba
July 4th, 2005, 11:46 AM
This infection could turn septic, meaning the pup could DIE.

You are not a vet yourself I taketh so you are not qualified to treat a puppy with an infection.

wilson81
July 5th, 2005, 11:39 PM
puppy went to vet today. vet said that the site of infection could have been caused by momma catching him with her paw. he said i did an excellent job on the wound and gave him some antibotics to help finish clearing up the infection. :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
July 6th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Glad to hear he went to the vet and is going to be okay!

Abcess-type wounds nearly always require antibiotics. Whenever an abcess is suspected, the pet should go to the vet right away as a massive infection can set in if it's left too long and depending on location can be very dangerous.