Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

drying up?

andone
July 2nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
my 1 yr old wheaten terrier had 7 puppies recently, and she seems to be drying up. The puppies yank on her nipples as if they aren't getting enough milk..they're nearly three weeks old and are just starting to wag their tails. and if this is goin to be a problem, she's getting fxed august 29. as well, her stools are quite loose, and so are the puppies'.

mona_b
July 2nd, 2005, 08:39 PM
I suggest that you take the mom and the pups to get checked by a vet.ASAP...Her milk should not be drying up.You do realize she was to young to have pups?A reputable breeder would never breed at this age.Also,I do hope you found very responsible homes for these pups.

Please have Mom and the pups looked at.

andone
July 2nd, 2005, 08:45 PM
yes, i do realize that she was too young. however, she won't go to the bathroom when being watched and im not having her do her business in the house. that is no excuse, i know, but what can i say? i was hoping she wouldn't come into heat this season.

Luba
July 2nd, 2005, 09:02 PM
And how are u supplementing the pups diet?

Luba
July 2nd, 2005, 09:05 PM
This is very interesting:

March 10th, 2005, 12:27 PM
andone

i know that i need to get him fixed, i also know that my female dog, who is going to be of whelping age very soon, is my first priority. i can't borrow the money, because at the moment, my parents can't afford it, and my dogs havent had any shots...and it's very expensive to own a dog in town.

So I guess you never came up with a hundred bucks or so huh! Nice.