July 1st, 2005, 07:59 AM
:ca: :ca: [COLOR=RED]XX[/22]

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPING YOUR CANADA DAY IS SAFE AND FUN.
:ca: :ca: :ca: :ca: :ca: :ca:

marko
July 1st, 2005, 09:23 AM
We wish everyone a happy Canada Day!!!

We should all remember what a bleesing it is to live in one of the best countries in the world!!! :ca:

Marko
ADMIN

Kariia
July 1st, 2005, 09:35 AM
:ca: :ca: :ca:

Yay.

(*has 3 HUGE boxes of fireworks* :evil: )

Melinda
July 1st, 2005, 09:38 AM
Happy Canada day to all!!! and happy 4rth of July on Monday for our american neighbours!!

Yeah...seeing fireworks at the waterfront tonight (illegal to have them at home) *L* :party:

Princesss04
July 1st, 2005, 09:46 AM
Happy Canada day to you all! I was not sure what it was, but I am guessing the same as our 4th of July! :D Have a great day everyone! :D

Kariia
July 1st, 2005, 09:50 AM
:ca: :ca: :ca: Yes, it's like Independence Day for Canada.

:ca: :ca: :ca: :ca:

*drinks a bottle of maple syrup*

Luba
July 1st, 2005, 10:06 AM
Yeaaah Happy Canada Day EHHHH!!

Copper'sMom
July 1st, 2005, 10:12 AM
I am proud to be Canadian! :ca: And I think of this all year 'round not just on Canada Day. I wouldn't live anywhere else!

Happy Canada Day Eh!

Prin
July 1st, 2005, 10:13 AM
Happy Canada Day!!

This thread makes me so sad today. :sad: I can't put my flag up. :sad: The way they were celebrating Jean Baptiste here makes us fear for our safety if we're overly patriotic... Don't they realize that all the systems we depend on come from the feds? Like medicare, all our freedoms, etc. I hate being muzzled because I live in a strongly French community.

Luba
July 1st, 2005, 11:19 AM
Why can't u put your flag up? :eek:

badger
July 1st, 2005, 11:29 AM
I'm in the same situation, Prin, it's pretty French around here, which I like. I'm not much of a flag waver, but I was thinking this morning that if I hoisted the Maple Leaf, it might be seen as some sort of provocation.

What stuns me is that their history is completely screwy, they lost because France refused to send more troops - or rather delayed and delayed until it was too late. They had other fish to fry back in Europe and saw Quebec as a sinkhole that would never turn a profit. So blame the French, eh?

A little history with your barbecue...

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

Cactus Flower
July 1st, 2005, 12:52 PM
*Enter Stompin Tom Connors*

"It's Canada day, up Canada Way, on the first day of July
And we're shoutin hurray up Canada Way, when the Maple Leaf flies high"....

Safyre
July 1st, 2005, 12:56 PM
lmao, Cactus, how do you know who Stompin Tom Conners is?

HAPPY CANADA DAY ALL
And HAPPY AMERICA DAY in advance to the americans. I won't be online for a while, bestfriend is in early labour. She might give birth on the 4th (though we're hoping earlier!)

Cactus Flower
July 1st, 2005, 01:47 PM
Don't let my location fool you, Safyre- I am Canadian!

And I've been listening to Stompin Tom since I was a wee little girl in Newmarket. I'm his biggest fan!

Shamrock
July 1st, 2005, 02:45 PM
:ca: HAPPY CANADA DAY,everyone! Enjoy the celebrations - lots of fun, food, and fireworks to be enjoyed. I am VERY proud to be Canadian!

My sister and I celebrated last year at a local park, nice afternoon with our doggies.(Percy's the smaller one)

Safyre
July 1st, 2005, 05:05 PM
ahh, didn't know that Cactus
I was wondering how someone in NM knew Tom Connors.
I've been listening to him since I was a lil girl (that wasn't long ago though. lol)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 1st, 2005, 10:19 PM
Happy Canada Day, I taped a flag to my little cubicle at work. We are going try and keep the kids up until ten to see the fire works from our deck. Usually they dont make it until then, actually dont know if I will make it until then! We can see half the fireworks from our house so we usually just sit on the deck and watch them.

Rick C
July 1st, 2005, 10:52 PM
Happy Canada Day everyone.

I celebrated by digging holes and planting trees, riding the bike through the country, going for a run on the highway, taking Abby and Keeper to town for an ice cream cone and reading Ben Bova pulp science fiction on the deck and . . . . . . zzzzzzzz,snort,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rick C :ca:
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
July 3rd, 2005, 05:38 PM
Why can't u put your flag up? :eek:
Sorry, I was gone for a family reunion... I can't put it up because generally, if people are VERY festive on Jean Baptiste, they tend to be very passionately anti-Canadian. I just got this house-- I don't want to see it burned to the ground. Maybe next year.