Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sick pit

gibson
July 1st, 2005, 01:53 AM
My son's dog ate half of a very nasty smelling rabit. The dogs been sick now for two days. He's been sending gatoraid down her throat to keep her from dehydrating. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Lucky Rescue
July 1st, 2005, 10:19 AM
First this puppy is yours, and now it's your son's?

TWO days is too long to let this go on. The puppy could have swallowed a bone from the rabbit and is blocked or the rabbit could have died of disease or poisoning.

Why hasn't it been take to the vet yet? Do not start anymore threads on this subject, asking if anyone has a similiar experience. Even if all of us did, it won't help this pup who may very well die. At the very least, it is suffering. How would you feel if you got food poisoning, were puking and had diarrhea for days and no one would help you?

Take it to the vet NOW.

Cactus Flower
July 1st, 2005, 01:29 PM
You did get advice on the other thread, but never came back to respond or let us know how the dog was doing. I am trying not to feel as though we care more about this dog than you do.
Please respond to the other thread. Hopefully you will be telling us what the vet said!