Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

found music

raingirl
June 29th, 2005, 05:24 PM
don't you love it when you find old CD's (or tapes)...like mix tapes or CD's and they have a whole bunch of songs on them you haven't heard in ages?

I found a CD I made years ago (about 2001) that had "freshmen" on it (forget the artist). I love that song!!

definately made my day happy.

kandy
June 29th, 2005, 05:56 PM
I find that one of the good things about getting old is that the music I like can be found in the clearance bin at Walmart!! LOL I just wish that I could find a decent turntable so I can play my records again!

When did you change your signature?? Love it - catchy.

Cactus Flower
June 29th, 2005, 05:57 PM
I think the Verve Pipe sings that.

When I find an "old" compilation of mine, it's on cassette ;) .

raingirl
June 29th, 2005, 07:39 PM
yeah. I have a lot on tape as well. Unfortunately there isn't a way to get them on my computer. Oh well.

I have rather odd tastes in music. I rarely buy CD's because I usually only like 2 or 3 songs on an album. I usually see if friends have the album, and just take the song I want. If I can't find anyone with it, I search for it free first, then result to buying it on itunes if I can't find it free. I love Itunes.

by the way...if anyone has "in the meantime" by spacehog...I can't find it anywhere!

Schwinn
June 30th, 2005, 09:07 AM
I had a family member find an old tape from the '80's of me rapping (back when I was known as Crazy J). So, no, I don't always love it when I find old tapes. (Fortunately, it was lost before my wedding. That, and the tape of me on the radio asking for help because I was stalking myself)

Sneaky2006
June 30th, 2005, 09:21 AM
by the way...if anyone has "in the meantime" by spacehog...I can't find it anywhere! I found it on shareaza... I can usually find any song on there and download it.
How do you want it?

pags
June 30th, 2005, 09:24 AM
ROFL Schwinn!!!

I sometimes have a less than joyous time when I run across old tapes or albums... (Please note: tapes or albums... CDs were just not the big thing back in my day or something... Or maybe I just was too cool to abandon my vinyl! Yeah!) It's bad enough that there are a few things in my collection that I just don't understand anymore.. but my husband who is a mere five years younger than me always finds it to be the perfect opportunity to remind me that he was graduating from primary school when I was graduating from high school. :rolleyes: Any reminder that I am no longer the fifteen year old with the black eye-liner and the combat boots sort of puts a dent in my day... I prefer to live in denial. :D