Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hey Its Raining

melanie
June 29th, 2005, 06:21 PM
hey you wont believe it but it has rained a little here, not much to make a difference in the catchment (where we get our water from)but heaps to the farmers crops, they need the follow up rain after dry seeding, this may be it....as long as soem farmers get it thats jsut grand....

but..... if it rains it pours and my girlfriend (single mum on the land) from up north near the queensland border jsut rang to say it is flooded and she cant leave the farm, the roads under water, jsut amazing..... and yet there are places like where mum lives only 1hr away that have not had a drop, absolutly bizzzzzzaaaaaaarrrrrrreeeeee. my girlfriend said the kids cant get to school and she might quit smokin as she did not get any from town and now has 2 left in a flood, god help the kids i say :D

its amazing the contrast, but this is one very big country, so i am giong to go walk in the rain, cant wait, have not used my umbrella yet nad got it 3yrs ago when my gran died, oh yay....

and charlie is pissed big time, we didnt go for her run this morn due to the rain being heavy, she is jsut put right out by it.... its been 3yrs since she missed a run, but it wont kill her and i will take her out when the rain breaks....

yay for rain, it may not be much help but it sure does look peeerrrrrrrtttttty :D

kandy
June 29th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Hey - does that mean that my rain dance worked??? I'm so glad that it rained! Every little bit should help and some is better than none! Maybe more will be on the way! I'll keep dancin!! :D

Luba
June 29th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Yaaay rain rain rain :D

Karin
June 29th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Hey - does that mean that my rain dance worked??? I'm so glad that it rained! Every little bit should help and some is better than none! Maybe more will be on the way! I'll keep dancin!! :D

Your rain dance?...huh? I've been dancing so hard for Melanie I've caught the the overflow!...Someone please turn it off or redirect it westward......

*taking off the dancing shoes..which have turned into flippers*

..hand me a very looonngg pipe and spigot, enough to reach Australia.

Princesss04
June 29th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I am happy that it is raining for you! :D

Prin
June 29th, 2005, 11:08 PM
and charlie is pissed big time, we didnt go for her run this morn due to the rain being heavy, she is jsut put right out by it.... its been 3yrs since she missed a run, but it wont kill her and i will take her out when the rain breaks.... WHAT!!?!? You didn't run in the rain? LOL that's the best time to go! My doggies run like madness in the rain.

I hope you get just the right amount of rain, Melanie. :)

Rick C
June 30th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Glad you got rain in Oz.

We had searing drought for five years here in southwestern Alberta but we've gotten a year's worth of rain in the last month and flooding is prevalent.

Its either too much or too little isn't it no matter where in the world you are?

http://www.goldentales.ca/flood6.jpg

The Sheep River runs through Okotoks.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
June 30th, 2005, 02:30 PM
That's exactly why I say "just the right amount". Be careful what you wish for. ;)

SarahLynn123
June 30th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Glad you got rain in Oz.

We had searing drought for five years here in southwestern Alberta but we've gotten a year's worth of rain in the last month and flooding is prevalent.

Its either too much or too little isn't it no matter where in the world you are?

http://www.goldentales.ca/flood6.jpg

The Sheep River runs through Okotoks.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Great photo, I was looking for one to post when everyone was happy about rain!!! I was getting ready to bust out the rubber dingy! Luckily my house is on higher ground so the basement didn't flood to badly, jsut a little bit water. I cant complaing when I see what others had to go through!

Catt31
June 30th, 2005, 07:02 PM
The flooding around here has been brutal!!! My in-laws lost their 2 trailers and many friends in High River have been homeless for a few weeks. Record amounts of rain!! And, to top it all off, all the dog parks along the river are closed!! :sad: Not that I would take Brick there, being unsafe and everything, but you know what I mean!!! We all know how much he loves to swim!!!

Sneaky2006
June 30th, 2005, 07:05 PM
YAY!!!! Congrats Mel!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/umbrellas/6.gif

Aww, ya can't see the rain, the background is too light. Ah well, I tried.

melanie
July 4th, 2005, 06:11 PM
well ah i was a little excited and spoke a little too soon, the rain lasted 2 days, and we got a total of 30 mm... nto bad i suppose... ah it flooded really bad in the north, they were all evacuated, thank goodness my girlfriend has a pole house, its very high and the water oculd enver reach it....great photo rick... its true, if it rains it pours, well up north it does anyway.....

ah its now sunny again, and friggin freezin, ahhh boooo hooooo......

mums town got a little, they got 20mm all up, apparently that is enough to supply water for another three weeks, not bad eh..

but boy oh boy was that rain nice while it lasted...

all the creeks look lovely with a bit of water, that wont last long but still prewtty anyway... and thanks for all the kind words guys.. :grouphug:

Safyre
July 4th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I saw a picture from Australia on the news the other night, flooded. Wished thats where you were, getting that much rain.
I wish they woulda made a point in the story that other areas have no watter at all but they only mentioned the flooding.

glasslass
July 4th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Cross paws for you Mel that you get more!