Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

is it me or something wrong here?

angie79
June 29th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I was looking in the local paper (journal sait-francois) and saw an add for puppies for sale from family farm 100+ puppies then it went on to list all the breeds.... there was also a web address...

http://pages.videotron.com/calinami/index.htm

Is it me or is this just a glorified puppy mill?

Eleni
June 29th, 2005, 01:01 PM
im assumign its a puppymill, or in the very least a back yard breeder.

Eleni

Kariia
June 30th, 2005, 11:17 AM
BYB. So, it's a family farm, but OVER 100 PUPPIES?

That makes me sick.

Melinda
June 30th, 2005, 11:41 AM
never once "if I translated my french properly", did they say they "raised" all those breeds, but that if you let them know what kind you were looking for, they could get, it could be that they get them from different breeders. Did anyone call the number to find out?

angie79
June 30th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I don't think any repitable breeder would give thier dogs to a middle man

latin
September 27th, 2005, 10:08 PM
A*** C*** is a puppy mill. I know, bought a dog there. Since euthanized because of epilepsy. Second dog in exchange of first died 1 week later. I am now taking them to court. They were the topic of 2 J E episodes (French w-5) and are now being investigated by the SPCA thanks to me. Too bad I didn't have this info when I bought my 1st dog.

StaceyB
September 27th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I am so sorry. I hope you win and shut them down.

BoxerRescueMTL
September 29th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Good job, latin!! Best of luck. This place is ridicuous :mad:

mastifflover
September 29th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Shutting them down will give you such a good feeling. I with the help of many on this board and the Mastiff clubs got a slimey rescuer put out of business.

SnowDancer
September 30th, 2005, 01:22 PM
I live in East York - there is a "Rescue???" located on a street near me - the same people operate a "Chapel" next store to it. They have all sorts of dogs and puppies living in horrific conditions in this place - and apparently have a farm somewhere north of the city where they keep the rest. I unfortunately went into the place when it first opened to help the elderly lady next store who was worried about a little dog - she had reason to be. Apparently they used to be located in a strip mall elsewhere and I guess they finally got rid of them. For those who know the area I am sure you know the place I mean - there is a holistic vet a couple of doors down. I can't go anywhere without driving by that place. Re the little pup the very nice lady was worried about - well I bought it for her - I couldn't stand it either. Fortunately we saved it in time.