Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Brina is limping

Melinda
June 29th, 2005, 06:52 AM
my eight week old puppy was sitting on the deck with me this morning as hubby left for work, she wasn't running around playing, just sitting (for a change), when we came inside, she stepped through the patio door and into the kitchen, then she yelped, and started limping on her front right foot, I checked the pad to see if she had a sliver or cut, nothing, could she have stepped down on it the wrong way and twisted it or sprained it just like we do at times? her first few steps she'd yelp, then it was just light limping, she's sleeping right now, any suggestions? Vet doesn't open for 3 more hours. I've pressed and rubbed her leg and there doesn't seem to be a tender/sore spot.

angie79
June 29th, 2005, 07:28 AM
did she get her toe stuck between the wood slats? that happened to my sisters dog once and he was fine about an hour later. may be she stubbed her toe.

Melinda
June 29th, 2005, 08:19 AM
I never thought of that Angie, I checked her nails and none were broken, but it is possible that she stubbed or caught her toe in the slats, she's not limping now, I put her in her cool wading pool, and won't let her "run crazy" as pups do, but she is sort of "favoring" it, so I'll keep an eye on her. Thanks for your reply

*nervous mommy**L*

angie79
June 29th, 2005, 08:50 AM
If she's not limping thats great :thumbs up

about the nervous mommy its normal

Melinda
June 29th, 2005, 09:10 AM
this nervous mommy went through a year of caring for a very ill 4yr old furry baby, *a long sad story*, and now, I tend to watch Brina like a hawk, last week she drank too fast, brought up a bit of fluid and I panicked...*head hung in shame* and I cried.... :( I am just so scared she will take ill.