Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm such a SAP!!

Writing4Fun
June 28th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Why do I keep doing this to myself?? I read Keeper's dedication, and broke into tears while reading all the tributes and posting my own. More tears flowed when I read the post about life's lessons (the one about the little boy giving his daughter a blood transfusion). Last night, it was the stupid credit card commercial where Dad is watching his daughter dancing with her new groom at their wedding, but he keeps flashing back to when she was a little girl - bawl-o-rama yet again!

Now I found out that an associate of mine referred a client to me who needs a plaque engraved to place on a box that will hold the cremated remains of her lost child! How the heck am I supposed to hold it together while I talk to this woman about what she wants on this plaque, when the mere thought of her poor baby has opened the flood gates yet again?!?!

Is anyone else here a hopeless cryer, and how do you deal with it?? :o

JDG
June 28th, 2005, 02:56 PM
I totally relate, I'm such a crier! It could be worse though!

When I got married, I vowed not to cry - so I laughed instead - you know 'tears of Joy' - - anyways, we had a friend film the wedding for us, and if you watch it on mute, it looks like I have the worse case of hiccups for 20 minutes! hahahah!

Cactus Flower
June 28th, 2005, 05:00 PM
JUST A THOUGHT- some people who are perpetually "weepy" turn out having an estrogen imbalance (too much of it).

I think that your heart is just bigger than your body, and this is an ASSET, not a fault. People who have trouble showing emotion often envy this ability, this honest outpouring of emotion.

Writing4Fun
June 28th, 2005, 07:37 PM
JUST A THOUGHT- some people who are perpetually "weepy" turn out having an estrogen imbalance (too much of it).
Hmmm...really? That's certainly something to think about. I'll have to ask my doctor about that the next time I see him. It could very well be, since I've noticed a definite upswing since my miscarriage (about 4 years ago :eek: ).

It is a bit of an embarassment. It's gotten to the point that I don't want to watch sappy movies with anyone because I know I'll start bawling. Even the kids' cartoons can get me going if it's the right situation (can't watch Bambi, Lady & The Tramp, The Little Mermaid, etc...). If someone in the movie is crying, especially a child (or young animal) or someone who has lost a child (or an animal), I'm a goner. :o