Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sick Cat What Could Be Wrong

snakeschickin
July 9th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Okay i have this kitten, she is about 6 months old and all the sudden the other day she became lifeless... her third eye became over halfway visible and she just didnt want to move at all. She was running a temp of 105 but there was no diarrhea or vomiting and no signs of anything else. Yesterday and today she can be sitting up and all the sudden her head just falls, like she passed out, and she goes to sleep. I wonder if anybody has experienced the same symptoms before I take her back to the vet... I took her to an emergency clinic and they didn't know for sure what was wrong, but gave her antibiotics. She seems to be little better, but not a whole lot. I spent almost $300 on that visit monday and if its something simple, i dont want to take her back. I guess I'm just worried..Thanks

ophelia
July 10th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Hi,

It doesn't sound simple to me. It does sound like some kind of virus or infection that is zapping the energy from your little kitten.

I hope they did some blood tests.

If they didn't and your cat is still not better within a few days after the antibiotics, then I would suggest getting some standard bloodwork done.

Good luck

Ophelia