Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why doesn't anyone care?

Spurby
June 27th, 2005, 10:51 PM
This dog in the below link lived in a used car lot, in a VAN as a guard dog. He had NO life, no family, no socialization. He got loose and attacked another dog, he is made out to be the monster, but who is the REAL monster in this story? He will die soon too, all for being a "pit bull" and not being one of the lucky ones to get the training and loving responsible owners they all deserve. I feel terrible for the owner of the dal mix, and i hope the irresponsible owner of the pit bull pays the full vet costs. Funny, this pit bull had the chances many times to attack the person punching him, never did, nor did he attack the folks giving him ice cubes. Another dead dog because of irresponsible owners.

http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2005/06/27/pf-1106711.html

Luba
June 27th, 2005, 11:00 PM
I knew about this, heard about it when it happened.
He had no life, really....living in a car with a drug head idiot, tied up with an extention cord to the bumper of a truck on hot pavement with NO water.

Yeah for people!!

Angeleyes1437
June 27th, 2005, 11:41 PM
See! I can't even talk much because this really gets to me. People...correction...low lives, give my dog a bad name with their horrible lifestyles. Because of THEM BSL is a topic floating around many places, because of THEM poor Cosmo was almost killed, and because of THEM loving responsible dog owners like myself and many of you have to suffer... all because of THEM.

... oh yeah, and because of THEM, that poor dog will be put to sleep because it was brought up poorly.

babyrocky1
June 28th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Luba and Spurby, do you know these things for sure about how the dog was raised? We have been down this road so many times before when a 'pit bull" is involved in an attack, Most everyone knows that the whole situation behind the initial attack in TO. that sparked this whole ban was extrememly suspicous. The dog was being walked by the guy that had bred him, not his owner. Appaarantly both the owner and the breeder had so many people enemys that they had trained the dogs to attack etc. The police had beeen called on a number of occasions before this last time, but when you read the media reports it sounds like some generous friend of the owner was helping him out by walking his dogs, when, it was three in the am and the dogs were problably there to protect thim from gosh knows what. Bryant constantly refers to this attack and from what Im told knows what the truth is but chooses to misrepresent it! It would be nice to get some letters to the editors out if you have a way to verify this.

pitbulliest
June 28th, 2005, 05:50 PM
I send an email to the guy who wrote the article telling him how I wish he considered all those important factors that you mentioned Spurby...I hope more people throw in their two cents and let this guy know that we're not as stupid as he thinks 99 percent of the masses may be...

:fingerscr

Akeeter
June 28th, 2005, 11:33 PM
[QUOTE=babyrocky1]Luba and Spurby, do you know these things for sure about how the dog was raised? We have been down this road so many times before when a 'pit bull" is involved in an attack, Most everyone knows that the whole situation behind the initial attack in TO. that sparked this whole ban was extrememly suspicous. The dog was being walked by the guy that had bred him, not his owner. Appaarantly both the owner and the breeder had so many people enemys that they had trained the dogs to attack etc. The police had beeen called on a number of occasions before this last time, but when you read the media reports it sounds like some generous friend of the owner was helping him out by walking his dogs, when, it was three in the am and the dogs were problably there to protect thim from gosh knows what. Bryant constantly refers to this attack and from what Im told knows what the truth is but chooses to misrepresent it! QUOTE]

One day I'd STILL like the media to attach a name to either the owner or the breeder/victim who was walking the dogs when it happened. I'm aware that no charges were laid in the incident, even though the Police shot both dogs dead BUT :eek: >>>>>>> Why the secrecy surrounding both the victim & the owner? The names of a bystander & his dog who tried to help were published. Why not the victim's name?

IMHO -it was fishy then, :evil: & it's fishy now. :evil:

babyrocky1
June 29th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Exactly Akeeter, re. secrecy, they always release names of victims, yet not with this one, I tried to find the article I read were the guy that was walking the dog admitted to being the breeder, but even after calling the papers I thought that I had read it in, I got no where, (I found out at the hearings that the DLCC has the article anyway) and it was around the time of the hearings so you hve to figure out were its best to put your energy, we were even chatting about getting a private detective to look into it at one point, but probably wouldn't have helped that muchso long after the incident. They may hae stopped refering to that one incident, but the ball was already going! I called Kyle Rayes office about it and told them they should investigate with the police in that riding and find out what the truth is, since thats his riding but they didn't want anything to do with it. When I called my own MPP with my suspicions he said "thats known in the house" :mad: