Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Heat-Wave!!

chico2
June 25th, 2005, 10:22 AM
I like everyone to know,today we are having a scorcher...so far +35C and humid,which is about 90F,feels like 140F :D
Cats will be staying inside and I am going to float around in the pool!!!

lezzpezz
June 25th, 2005, 10:36 AM
I am actually glad :eek: to be stuck at work where it is fully air conditioned! I spent yesterday by the pool and the dogs were lounging in the central air all day. I filled their puppy pool, but they were not interested in the least! Except for Jo, the neighbour's GS...she wanted to play with her nerf football nonstop! Had to throw her in the cool house every so often to let her rest.

lilith_rizel
June 25th, 2005, 11:21 AM
For us, the apparent temp is 89 f The real feel is 91 with 44% humidity and 25% cloud coverage. Nice day fo us.......

angie79
June 25th, 2005, 11:55 AM
:eek: feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!

I love the great feeling of doing nothing and sweat dripping off your body!!!
its going to be soooooo hot ,,,, funny how we complain sbout the heat and in the winter about the cold!!!!

pags
June 25th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Sigh. Heat wave. Heat wave is a way of life for us. :D We get some relief when the thunderstorms come (of course they don't relieve the humidity)... but once those stop around November - we are on our own. My poor husband is out mowing the lawn at the moment and I've been watching him from the comfort and safety of the a/c. Giggle.

chico, stay cool - and enjoy it as much as you can before winter comes. :)

Rick C
June 25th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Sigh . . . its going to rain again in southern Alberta today, thunderstorms and sub-20 degree temperatures for the next week.

On the other hand, I was out running on the highway for an hour and a half this morning and it was nice and cool.

I put in air conditioning last summer - after five years of drought - and its been raining ever since.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Writing4Fun
June 25th, 2005, 01:45 PM
I kinda prefer the sub-20 degree temps. Nice & cool for long walks and playing in the yard, but not so cool that our fingers & toes go numb. This kind of heat is just gross. :yuck: The air is so thick you can chew it. It was lovely earlier in the week. The a/c was off, the windows wide open, and a beautiful breeze coming in with the birdsong. :love: Now we're all trapped inside - forced confinement for the good of our own health. :(

iRONKNiGHT
June 25th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Out on the deck under the plastic coconut palm tree i lay in the kiddie pool filled with cold water and ice cubes surrounded with white beach sand..and a few pink flamingos scattered on the green..ohh that feels good...

Luba
June 25th, 2005, 02:41 PM
I went yard sale shopping today and my goodness I felt bad for those people selling. Most were closing up early...

Got some really nice old mason jars with glass toppers ....Luba gonna make her own pickles :D yeahhh haaw

chico2
June 25th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Knightie,you are painting a wonderful picture in my head :eek: http://bestsmileys.com/signs1/2.gif

iRONKNiGHT
June 25th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Knightie,you are painting a wonderful picture in my head :eek: http://bestsmileys.com/signs1/2.gif
glad you like the idea.... :) even tho i fail'ed to mentioned there's a yellow rubber ducky floating in there :)

Shamrock
June 25th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Ironknight- what a cute pic!!
Conjures up coolness.. :cool: .
Wow, I didnt realize it was so toasty-hot back east!
Try to stay cool, everyone. Thank goodness for a/c and pools, for those of you who are lucky enough to have these.

We here in the west have had very little summer weather so far.Intermittent sunshine, cool temps overall. I find the 20- degrees perfect myself.

No heat waves here yet. As a life long resident of Lotusland I have noticed with some humour that we in BC are often a bunch of moaners when it comes to ANY kind of "weather". (myself included)
We complain that it rains here too much.
We complain if it gets too warm, too cold, too- anything. :crazy:
And if it snows - oh-my-god.
LOL!

iRONKNiGHT
June 25th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Sham... send some of that Rain over here plz.. sing'in I'm only happy when it rain's....

and as for the winter... I LIVE for the Winter.. ICE ICE BABY!!
Pix just a few months ago..

angie79
June 25th, 2005, 07:17 PM
omg... I just imagined my self jumping through the computer screen and rolling in the snow!!!!!

going to my friends soon goint to jump in the pool....

for once i'm hoping its cold!!!!! :)

Prin
June 25th, 2005, 09:18 PM
angie79-- exactly how I feel....

When I was in Ireland for a while, I missed the snow so much that even though I hate the feeling of snow under clothing, I swore I would roll in it when I got home. As soon as I got out of the car, I jumped right in. Like a hug from an old friend. Can't imagine a life without snow. :)

As for the heat... gives me migraines, makes me feel like crap-- I'd give that up in a minute. :D

chico2
June 25th, 2005, 10:22 PM
You guys are strange :D I don't hate the snow,but LOVE spring and summer,flowers,birds and bees and all that...bbq,swimming and no cats/dogs are out there freezing to death...although it's really hot right now,I still love summer!