Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nature`s Fury

DogueLover
June 25th, 2005, 09:37 AM
We had a tornado go through our town on Tuesday night around 11 pm.
The destruction was pretty bad but thankfully no one was hurt. The damage to the few buildings in town has been repaired and all the trees that had been destroyed have been cleaned up.
This picture was taken by an amateur photographer. It is just amazing that he was able to catch this on film and that with this type of fury that no one was hurt.

Bearsmom
June 25th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Holy carp!!!! Where was that?????

DogueLover
June 25th, 2005, 03:41 PM
That picture was taken from the living room window of a home 4 blocks from our house.
The damage was pretty extensive, but luckily no one was hurt.
This is what the lightning was like as the storm came in.

Luba
June 25th, 2005, 04:07 PM
WOW OH MY!! Those pictures do look like the storm could/did do much damage.

Prin
June 25th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Now I'm gonna have nightmares... Tornados are the scariest things ever to me. There was one north of Lachute about 5 years ago... Scary. Do you get any warning?

DogueLover
June 26th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Our local weather station did not broadcast any tornado warnings for us for this storm.
Again tonite we had some really freaky weather, but it has passed over us and moved north.
An official tornado warning was posted on the weather network website for 11:20 pm, AFTER the tornado had passed through our town.
Now they are saying that there is no confirmation that it was a tornado. The young guy who took the funnel cloud pictures sent them in and asked if that was confirmation enough for them.

My son`s girlfriend has a video taken of the funnel clouds passing over their house.

These are the kind of clouds we had again tonite. Talk about freaky weather, we are not at all accustomed to this type of weather.