Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kenzie Just Before Ring :)

shannon1233A
June 23rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
Kenzie, just before going into the ring, 7 months, she won BOB!

Luba
June 23rd, 2005, 05:45 PM
Whee congraz and you're sooo pretty :D yippie WTG girl :crazy:

shannon1233A
June 23rd, 2005, 06:06 PM
Baiting...hmmm....feed me!

Prin
June 24th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Congrats!! I have never seen a doggy so well groomed!! Wow! :)

shannon1233A
June 24th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm so proud. If you remember 8 weeks ago I posted that we were just starting Conformation classes. This show was at about 4 weeks in and she loved it, so having won BOB in her class was great so early! She's now graduated, but we're still working every day.

Prin, tks for the grooming remark! My groomer agreed to teach me how to groom her properly, which isn't very hard since we show her Naturally. Of course what takes time is the bathing and blow drying, lots of coat and wooly undercoat! I've bought a grooming table and brush and comb her every day so the is a lot of time involved with Mals. But I look at it as not work, but bonding time :) She loves it, and jumps up on the table now by herself! I trim her feet for the shows as well, but other than that it's all natural, no sprays, conditioners (mal coat should be coarse, not soft) etc. Here she is getting ready!

Would you believe, at that show, we actually saw an owner putting EYELINER on their dog! Since I'm new to this show thing, I didn't say anything to her, but was tempted to. I would think that would be dangerous and unhealthy, but what do I know :evil:

Beaglemom
June 24th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Kenzie is a beautiful girl. You must be very proud of her!

maddoxies
June 24th, 2005, 09:45 AM
She is a beauty !!! If I were a male mal, she would be the pinup in my dog house :thumbs up

mona_b
June 24th, 2005, 09:50 AM
OMG,she is simply gorgeous.... ;)

You definately must be very proud of her.It looks like you have done an amazing job with her.It is definately hard work when it comes to showing.Lots of time and patience to get where you both are now.Are you showing her or do you have a handler doing it?

PLEASE keep the pics coming.... :)

mona_b
June 24th, 2005, 09:51 AM
She is a beauty !!! If I were a male mal, she would be the pinup in my dog house :thumbs up

ROTFLMFAO

Way to funny.

Rita
June 24th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Congrats :thumbs up
Kenzie is absolutely stunning !!

shannon1233A
June 24th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Goldengirl, ROFLMAO, thank you!

mona_b, tyvm, yes it is a lot of work, people wouldn't believe it, when I started the classes, I had always thought, "oh it's easy, you just run around the ring :sorry: ...WRONG Her breeder has been handling her because I had never attended a show before. Now that I've taken classes, once I get better, I'll be handling her myself. That's part of the fun! Her breeder also handles her own Mals, so if/when Kenzie wins, she may go into the ring against one of her littermates, in which case I'll handle her while her breeder handles the littermate! :D

Rita, thanks. Her personality is even more beautiful than her looks :angel:

goldenblaze
June 24th, 2005, 12:55 PM
She truly is beautiful, love her face and yes she is well groomed adorable :)

mona_b
June 25th, 2005, 03:03 AM
I have been enjoying going to the shows since I was 17.That's actually where I met my breeder.And I have a few friends that have shown/show their dogs.And a close friend of the family has just taken his Afghan to Champion.And his sister also showed her Afghan(many moons ago)to Champion.Alot of people think that showing is all work and no play.That is the farthest from the truth.And I am sure you can agree to that.Georges Afghan,Cash is a very spoiled dog.But he does get to be a dog and play with other dogs.Yes he does get dirty,but that's what paying $150 to the groomer is for....LOL

Once again,please keep the pics coming.... :)

shannon1233A
June 25th, 2005, 08:39 AM
mona_b, tyvm, pls check your pm's I've tried sending you a couple but they're not showing as sent?

I got caught up reading and found the pic you posted on Grip's thread about being sick of stereotypes last night. I can't believe how much it looks like Kenzie! Same face, chest etc markings! Can you tell me who he is, and what breeder he came from? They're exactly the same except yours has darker edging around the ears, and Kenzie is getting that now! I'm wondering if they came from the same breeder? I've got to get a better pic of Kenzie so you can put them side by side and see for yourself....it's unbelievable! Can you please fill me in on where he's from, his name etc?

This pic of Kenzie isn't very good, but you can see the markings eg. white blaze crescent in front of foreleg, dark markings on back etc. I'll get a better pic in the same stance as yours and you won't believe it!