Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happened again!

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 12:57 PM
We have had this dog at our house for a few days and he is not leaving. He is really nice and super cute! I am not sure if he belongs to someone or not. I can not keep another puppy though. :eek: My house is full. He is super nice. I have taken pictures of him and I am gonna post flyers if not I am not sure what to do with him. There are so many stray dogs and pups around here I am not sure if he has a home or not. I will post pictures in a few. Man my house must say all lost animals come here she is a sucker. LOL :D

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 01:07 PM
Here are some pictures. He must still be pretty young because he has little "balls" :eek:

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
Here is another one!

Dogastrophe
June 22nd, 2005, 01:17 PM
What a cutie. I love the laid back look in his eyes.

Rita
June 22nd, 2005, 01:20 PM
He's a handsome little devil
Looks like Meater & Chino don't mind having him around ;)

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
They do not mind having him here that is the problem. I have walked around to most of the neighbors house and no one will claim him. I hate to just take him to the shelther or to the vet but I am not sure what to do. He has huge ears. LOL He has not been trained at all. :evil:

lezzpezz
June 22nd, 2005, 01:55 PM
Isn't there an expression something like this: "we don't find our pets, they find us"?? I think you've been found! He seems to fit in nicely and I think you should keep him! He'll soon enough become one of the boys :)
What breed do you say he is? I see Redbone Coon Hound and German shepherd. Likely has a lovely singing voice, no?? Bowoooowoooowooo!!!! :p

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 01:56 PM
Man I do not know how people do it, all the slobber! Oh my soul! It is everywhere! He even slobbers when he is not drinking! All the time. You can not play with him without having slobbers all over you!~ :eek: Man you people with big slobbery dogs I praise you! :D

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 01:58 PM
Isn't there an expression something like this: "we don't find our pets, they find us"?? I think you've been found! He seems to fit in nicely and I think you should keep him! He'll soon enough become one of the boys :)
What breed do you say he is? I see Redbone Coon Hound and German shepherd. Likely has a lovely singing voice, no?? Bowoooowoooowooo!!!! :p

Oh my soul! You are one of them! LOL I walked around to all my neighbors and they said the same thing. You have dogs right why not keep him? LOL Man does he have a singing vocie. You can hear him a mile away. And than he gets my dogs going and we have a choir. LOL He is asleep on my foot now.

I did not want to bring him in the house but it is so hot outside. He is out there no time and he has foam in his mouth, etc. I hate to leave him out there long.

How old do you think he is. I am making posters now.

lezzpezz
June 22nd, 2005, 02:12 PM
Yes, I am one of them and one of you! I have 3 dogs and 3 cats that are all rescues and my friends and neighbours (them) all say the same thing, "what's one more?". As for animals showing up at my door, (like you), yes it seems my house is a magnet for lost ones. They must know where to go for care. I actually am on the lookout for those in need and have helped a number of little souls over the years. My husband has all but given up trying to talk sense into me and now just helps me! :thumbs up

Your new guy looks to be fairly young, still puppyish, so maybe not quite a year old? Hard to say....how are his teeth? Still small and pure white? That will help you determine his age. Is he still at the squishy stage? You know, when the skin and fur are still really mushy and puppylike? Gawd, now you probably think I am a real weirdo! :crazy:

Are there any coonhound breeders in your neck of the woods? You could see if someone that breeds them may know of an escapee or a litter that was born within the year or so.....

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 02:16 PM
I do not know of any dog breeders in the area. All we have around here are pet stores and mutts. I will get a picture of his teeth for you and let you look. His man parts are still little but man he is a big boy. Do coonhounds get big? :D

Never mind batteries are dead and I am covered in slobber. :eek: Can you look at the pictures above and see his teeth. :D

lezzpezz
June 22nd, 2005, 02:23 PM
Well I'm just guessing coonhound, but he sure fits the look with the colour and the length of the ears and his towering height over your other dogs! Here's a site to check for breed standard: http://www.ukcdogs.com/breeds/scenthounds/redbone.std.shtml

This one is british so you can also check CKC or AKC for North american standards....sorry nothing about "man parts" listed :D

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 02:29 PM
Okay I finally got through the slobber and looked at his teeth. It looks like he has half his big teeth in and still getting some more in. So he is in the middle. We are all getting ready to go outside and play will be back in a few. Do not want any accidents in the house so we are going out alot. He is somuch bigger than my dogs. :D

lezzpezz
June 22nd, 2005, 02:40 PM
The teeth are very white, so I am guessing that this is a fairly young fellow. I found this on the web: Puppy teeth begin to shed and be replaced by permanent adult teeth at about four months of age. Although there is some variation in breeds, most adult dogs have 42 teeth, with the molars coming last, at about six or seven months.
To me, your fellow looks to have his adult teeth, so I am still going with the age of around nine months or so, give or take, either way.

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 02:43 PM
Yes, I think he has most of his adult teeth in. On the sides there are still a few that are just gettting ready to come in all the way. Man three dogs is a ton of energy. It is so hot outside. We can not even stay out long. :D

lezzpezz
June 22nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
now he just needs a name!

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
I think he is a red blood hound or that is what I found on the net.

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 02:54 PM
Here is some info I found on the net.

A Bloodhound can be the world's most wonderful pet - IF. But it's a big if. Bloodhounds are gentle and loving - but big and bumbling. They can be high maintenance pets, because having a happy, well-behaved Bloodhound in your home requires lots of time and effort. A bloodhound may be the dog for you IF you have lots of time and patience. Bloodhounds can be stubborn, and training a Bloodhound requires tons of both. You can't just tell a bloodhound what to do, the way you can a spaniel. IF you don't mind the mess and slobber that come with a big, jowly dog that loves mud and rolling in things, the stinkier the better. IF you have a sense of humor as good as your Bloodhound's.

Puppies are a special challenge. A Bloodhound puppy requires a great deal of exercise; the only "good" puppy is a tired puppy. It will follow its nose into trouble again and again. Bloodhounds have been known to eat towels, batteries, remote controls, antique rockers, car seats, - every bloodhound owner can add to the list - and they often require expensive surgery after one of these tasting adventures. They can be fence jumpers, climbers, and diggers. They have to be walked on leash, and can pull as hard as a truck.

If you don't think life would be worth living without a Bloodhound, you probably qualify as a Bloodhound owner. If you're not convinced, you should think twice or three times. You don't "own" a Bloodhound: it owns you!

lezzpezz
June 22nd, 2005, 03:00 PM
That whole description sounds like every puppy I know! Except for eating a chair! Wow! Here are some names, (aren't I terrible??)
Bodger, Winston, Rusty, Goliath, Maverick, Snoops, Rover, (he was roving afterall!) Just to keep you busy!

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 03:20 PM
He is so clumsy! LOL Cracks me up! You are awful. You better pack your bags and move down here to help me. LOL That is what friends are for right. LOL Or we will pack up and come to you. :D

lezzpezz
June 22nd, 2005, 03:23 PM
I'd love to meet him! I just thought of the perfect name: GOOBER! Covers his slobbering and his oafishness!

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
Here are some more pics!

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
Look at those ears!

lezzpezz
June 22nd, 2005, 03:53 PM
I have to admit, he looks preeeetttttyyyyyy comfortable!! Wouldn't you say?? :)

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 03:55 PM
Well guys his owners came and got him. They live about two blocks from me. They were walking around and asking and someone pointed them to my house. I had them in the back yard. I made him describe him tell me the sex of him, asked them if he had been fixed or not. It was their dog. So oh well I am glad that we found his home. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 22nd, 2005, 07:19 PM
The owners must be happy to get him back, I thought you had another dog there for a bit. :)

Luba
June 22nd, 2005, 08:26 PM
Tx for keeping him safe until they arrived, hope he has a good home.

How did he react to seeing them?

Safyre
June 22nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
Did you get his name, incase he decides to vist again?

I had this one golden retreiver at my house ALL the time, turned out it belonged to a lady down the street, and the dogs name was Cider. EVery time he got loose, he was at my house, before I got Justice. I just drove him back home (damn rainy season) I swear he got out just for the car ride

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 09:45 PM
Tx for keeping him safe until they arrived, hope he has a good home.

How did he react to seeing them?

Luba he was happy to see them. They kept him outside though which is something I did not like. But, all I can do is talk to them about it.

He name was Bubble! Weird name, but when they called him he responded. They said he was pure blood hood. He was born in December. I am glad that I found his home because I am sure that Meater and Chino would have had another brother. :D :eek:

Safyre
June 23rd, 2005, 04:33 AM
wow big boy for 6 months!
if they keep him outside, you might continue having a visitor then, good that you know his name and family now.

chico2
June 23rd, 2005, 06:17 AM
Princess,he is a beauty....he will more than likely come around again,to play with your boys :D
It's easy to want to keep anything that comes to the door,I would love to surround myself with dogs/cats,but they can also cost tons of money,as we all know!!
I bet right now you are worried about what kind of home he has,since he's kept outside,if he gets enough attention,love etc...right??

lezzpezz
June 23rd, 2005, 08:57 AM
Hooray for Bubble! I would imagine he was called Bubble because of all of the froth! It is good to know that he was found by his owners, and that he only lives 2 blicks away! Now you and yours can visit or vice versa!! You are a good person for helping out :angel:

lezzpezz
June 23rd, 2005, 08:58 AM
I meant "blocks"!! :p

kandy
June 23rd, 2005, 11:23 AM
I bet you are glad his owners found him since it looked like he was making himself right at home! (Pix of him on bed....hmmm). And yes, a slobber dog can be a challenge! If I have to dress for work, or have dress clothes on for any reason, I wear a bathrobe or at least a towel around my waist to keep them slobber free! :) What's really fun is when Hazel jumps in your lap after playing in her outside water bowl (it's an automatic one). She loves to dig in it, and sit in it - so she'll be soaked and thinks she needs to share that with everyone! :D

Princesss04
June 23rd, 2005, 11:47 AM
Chico I am worried about him. I think we will walk down and check on him today! :D :D

lezzpezz
June 23rd, 2005, 11:56 AM
You're hooked! Be careful! You may end up with a new dog. My goodness, you and I are very much alike! I would do exactly that....walk down to "check" on my new friend! Take cookies for the dog!! He will love to see you!
When I was a kid, I used to "find" all kinds of strays and bring them home! Some things never change. I guess we are programmed at birth to do this! :D Good luck and let us know how "Bubble" is!

chico2
June 23rd, 2005, 03:42 PM
Princess,I understand,I would do the same..the problem is,if you find him chained in the back,it will really bother you,I know it would me and then you have to get involved :sad: I hope that's not the case..

happycats
June 23rd, 2005, 03:48 PM
He name was Bubble! Weird name, but when they called him he responded. They said he was pure blood hood. He was born in December. I am glad that I found his home because I am sure that Meater and Chino would have had another brother. :D :eek:

Funny, I thought he looked just like a "bubba"!! :D