Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More guests than members

Dukieboy
June 22nd, 2005, 11:34 AM
Anybody else notice there are always more guests on this board than members?

JDG
June 22nd, 2005, 12:11 PM
Yeah,

But I know for myself, I 'lurked' as a guest for a while before signing up as a member. . . .I'm sure we all did.

I also didn't have a 'real' email address right away (I had a hotmail account, which can't be used) - I had to wait till I had a real email address to sign up - that might be why some people never join, or wait to sign up . . .

Prin
June 22nd, 2005, 12:26 PM
Ya and so much of the time, they're looking up pregnancy in cats or dogs... I don't want to know.

angie79
June 22nd, 2005, 12:29 PM
we could always rope them in ..... :D

just wondering since it was mentioned why can't you sign in with a hotmail account

JDG
June 22nd, 2005, 12:49 PM
why can't you sign in with a hotmail account

Eliminates a lot of spammers and trolls.

Schwinn
June 22nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
I was going to say the same thing...lots of people become lurkers before they become members. Also, not everyone automatically logs in when they visit, so they may be members who aren't logged in. That's what happens when I use Cheryl's laptop. So be careful what you say about me when you think I'm not around! I just might be listening! :evil:

Karin
June 22nd, 2005, 09:37 PM
I did not lurk, I jumped right in. My feathers were ruffled and my feelings were hurt many times. But credit where credit is due...I was also welcomed to great extents.

"If" I was a newbie now...I would toe tap the waters to see how hot it is.

I'm willing to wager 50% of the lurkers do not register because they are frightened off from the starting gate. MAYBE the odds are even larger.

I never go some places here, obvious **** storms brewing for the most part but being warned not to post goes against my grain and I'm sure some that read that feels the same way.

*putting soap box away*

Beaglemom
June 23rd, 2005, 09:49 AM
I was a lurker for a little while too before I registered. Now I'm addicted! The wealth of information on this site is incredible, the people are amazing!

I have to agree with Karin though. I do believe that some people may be scared off at first. Sometimes I think that things are misconstrued because it is hard to determine the tone of a post and it is taken in the wrong context. I know that everyone means well and we all want what is best for the animals in question.

Prin
June 23rd, 2005, 10:06 AM
I never noticed that people were scary before I registered. I just knew there was ONE question that I had to answer... Always one time, eh? I just wanted to try it. I was curious.