Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is it just me????

angie79
June 22nd, 2005, 08:01 AM
I found this site about a week ago, and I find it very much addictive,
I find my self coming multiple times a day and refreshing to follow the stories, am I going crazy or is anyone else somewhat addicted?

chico2
June 22nd, 2005, 08:04 AM
Well,just look at the amount of posts(mine about 5000)over a 2 yr period,you can certainly say addictive!! :D

Eleni
June 22nd, 2005, 08:06 AM
im totally addicted

Eleni

Rita
June 22nd, 2005, 08:18 AM
I'm starting to think I need to join a 12 step program, I'm so addicted to this site :crazy: ;)
But this is one of those addictions that isn't bad for ya :thumbs up

BMDLuver
June 22nd, 2005, 08:21 AM
lol, I think it's a great site! You really get to know each other somehow. I'm away for two weeks tonight and will be reading for two days when I get back.

Luvmypit
June 22nd, 2005, 08:23 AM
You know i think that it is so addictive because we are all animal lovers and that creates a sorta bond. I came on this site for pit bull information and everyone here has been so supportive going out of there way to help fight BSL. Even though I havent seen many faces to names I still feel like I have some good friends here.

Welcome to the site!

angie79
June 22nd, 2005, 08:27 AM
luvmypit
I think you summed that up for all of us!!!
I came looking for dog parks and parked my self lol :D

Beaglemom
June 22nd, 2005, 08:42 AM
My screen name is Beaglemom and I'm a pets.ca addict! :D

This site is extremely addictive. I find myself logging on throughout the day to see what is going on. It's hard to go the weekend without coming on just to check things out. Sometimes I just can't take it and give in!

I've learned a lot from this site and don't know how I managed without it before. The support you get here is incredible! And the people are amazing!

Luvmypit
June 22nd, 2005, 09:39 AM
Now when my friends have animal questions they ask me. I know I have learned sooo much here. I kinda bore them with my animal stories but when I come here everyone cant wait to hear them.

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 10:18 AM
You sound like alot of the people on here! LOL We all love it! I do not know what I did with my time before I found this site! :pawprint:

Luba
June 22nd, 2005, 10:34 AM
NO COMMENT :crazy:

JDG
June 22nd, 2005, 11:16 AM
I'm still a newbie, but I would say yeah, I'm addicted. I'm replying to this thread at work - on company time! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I do have a problem, but thankfully there are people like Chico2 who make us under 1000 posts look sane! Thanks Chico! hahaah Just kidding! :p :D ;) :crazy:

Its a good place to get lots of different perspectives. I've learned so much, and I think I might even be a better pet 'servent' for it!

angie79
June 22nd, 2005, 11:26 AM
your secret is safe with us :D where is is you said you work lol

Mockingcat
June 22nd, 2005, 11:57 AM
I'm a member of a lot of pet-based messageboards, but this is one of my favorite because the people are so no-nonsense. No one is mean, but they're not going to coddle anyone if they're concerned about their pets. :)

Prin
June 22nd, 2005, 12:09 PM
I was WAYYY addicted for the first month or so, and now my post numbers are forever damaged... :) (and this is yet another post to add to the pile :D )

Luvmypit
June 22nd, 2005, 01:33 PM
Im really trying to get to be a senior contributer. I guess its at 1000 that it changes?

Oh god I need a life.

JDG
June 22nd, 2005, 01:45 PM
Im really trying to get to be a senior contributer. I guess its at 1000 that it changes?

Princess04 is still a 'senior member' with more than 3000 posts . . .this might be a question for . . . .

. . . .super moderator. . . .(aka Marko)

Prin
June 22nd, 2005, 01:59 PM
Umm... can't you just change it in your profile?

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
What do you change it to than. I thought it changed on its own. I have always wondered that. :D

Prin
June 22nd, 2005, 02:03 PM
I guess it does, but you can change it too:
go into "Edit Profile" then scroll to "Custom User Title: This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts. Check the 'Reset' box if you wish to use the the default title for your usergroup and post count"

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 02:07 PM
There I changed mine and it says Senior Contributor. Man I am special. :D

Prin
June 22nd, 2005, 02:23 PM
LOL, I'm staying Doggy Devotee, because that's what I am... :)

JDG
June 22nd, 2005, 02:28 PM
There I changed mine and it says Senior Contributor. Man I am special. :D

Cheater!

:D :p ;) :crazy: :angel:

Princesss04
June 22nd, 2005, 03:32 PM
I did not cheat I did what Prin said to do and checked the reset button and that is what it put there. It did it on its own I did nothing to it.

JDG
June 22nd, 2005, 03:55 PM
. . . .sure Princess04 :rolleyes: . . . .I believe you where millions wouldn't!!!!
hahahahhahaha ;) :angel: :D :p :crazy:

mrjohndoe
June 22nd, 2005, 07:20 PM
Addictive! http://bestsmileys.com/hyper/6.gif

Definitively a YES.

I've even given it the keyword pets in Firefox;so, I can get here quicker.http://bestsmileys.com/hyper/8.gif

april21h1
June 22nd, 2005, 07:35 PM
I have been addicted to this site since I first came here. I check the post 3 or more times a day.

I am addicted to this site and proud of it. :D

mrjohndoe
June 22nd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Who's gonna make the "Pets.ca: Feed the Addiction" logo and t-shirts?

Oh! Let's not forget about the pet dishes, etc.! :evil: :D

meb999
June 22nd, 2005, 08:27 PM
My name is MArie-Eve and I'm a pets.ca addict!

It's like a party without the nasty hangover! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-021.gif

happycats
June 22nd, 2005, 08:36 PM
Hi my name is Liz, and I'm a pets.ca addict !! http://bestsmileys.com/computer1/7.gif

PLEASE, is there any help out there?? Is there a cure??http://bestsmileys.com/paranoid/1.gif

WhKnight
June 22nd, 2005, 08:46 PM
I confess, I've only been here a short while and I'm pretty addicted too. I have to go and see what's been going on!

Hey, I tried to change the title under my name, but it doesn't "take." Do you have to have a certain number of posts before it lets you do that?

Linda (who's ready to get her typing fingers a-goin'!)

kandy
June 23rd, 2005, 10:58 AM
I am definitely addicted!

I used to have a job that was very stressful and required tons of overtime but I got promoted and now I have a cushy job (even my boss says it's a cupcake job) so I have to do something during the day! LOL I think I would be in trouble if I just napped all the time! I stayed signed in to this site quite a lot during the day. :p

pags
June 23rd, 2005, 12:04 PM
happycats - those graphics are hilarious. :D

And angie - let's put it this way... I've posted every day since I came here and I technically don't even have a pet at the moment.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Giggle.

happycats
June 23rd, 2005, 12:50 PM
happycats - those graphics are hilarious. :D

I get them from this site !! (someone on this site, got me addicted to them, like being addicted to this site isn't bad enough! :rolleyes: )
http://www.bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm
Enjoy!!

Bearsmom
June 23rd, 2005, 01:01 PM
Hey, I tried to change the title under my name, but it doesn't "take." Do you have to have a certain number of posts before it lets you do that?

It changes after a certain number of posts. I think.

I love coming onto this site, and frequently read the training forum, as we have a crazyass 4 month old pup, and we're still trying to figure out what will work for him or not.

I can only get on about 15 minutes at home (too much else to do), and at work I'm checking the site between fire calls.

glasslass
June 23rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
Cheaper than therapy!

Dukieboy
June 23rd, 2005, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't have been able to cope with this whole BSL thing in isolation. I am so gratefull for the support and sharing of ideas and experiences on this board even the disagreements!

glasslass
June 23rd, 2005, 03:43 PM
When Den-Den was attacked in July, this board held me together. Everyone was really there for me!

chico2
June 23rd, 2005, 04:05 PM
I first came on after Rocky attacked me and Lucky was kind enough to give me advice.
Everyone else,including my doctor,told me to have him PTS.Since that was to me no option,I love my Rocky,I turned to this Forum.
I have since learned sooo much,know sooo much about different kind of dogs/cats and their ailments.
I never liked Pet-Shops who sell puppies/kittens,but was not aware of where they came from,now I know.
Also best of all,I know there are more people out there like me,absolutely nuts about animalshttp://bestsmileys.com/animals/7.gif