Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puffy wet eye

MrsNorris151
June 22nd, 2005, 01:44 AM
Hello. Today I noticed my cat did now want to come out of her room. I also noticed that her right eye is puffy and watery. I examined the eye but there is nothing in it nor any visible injury. She squints it a little bit but she doesn't shut completely. What should I do. Can I give her anything for pain, I don't really know if she is or not. Can I give her some eye drops??

Karin
June 22nd, 2005, 06:33 AM
Hello. Today I noticed my cat did now want to come out of her room. I also noticed that her right eye is puffy and watery. I examined the eye but there is nothing in it nor any visible injury. She squints it a little bit but she doesn't shut completely. What should I do. Can I give her anything for pain, I don't really know if she is or not. Can I give her some eye drops??

Please take her to the vet. Do not put anything in her eye until a vet examines her. Many eye ulcers and scratch's can only be seen after staining the eye, if she has an ulcer or eye injury and you put the wrong eye drops in (containing steroids) you can nucleate the eye and then you have an emergency surgery to remove the eye.