Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lots of wisdom here!

Princesss04
June 21st, 2005, 11:18 PM
A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.

How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to
become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?

Business conventions are important because they demonstrate how many people
a company can operate without.

Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?

Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job.

No one has more driving ambition than the boy who wants to buy a car.

There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 AM. It
could be a right number.

No one ever says, "It's only a game," when his team is winning.

Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow.

If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at
all.

Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.

I've reached the age where happy hour is a nap.

Be careful reading the fine print. There's no way you're going to like it.

The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size
bucket.

To err is human, to forgive -- highly unlikely.

Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies
running around with tattoos? This is way scary.

Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a
Corvette than in a Yugo.

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are
probably dead.

Safyre
June 22nd, 2005, 12:20 AM
There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 AM. It
could be a right number. Hey, I like getting calls at 4 am, its meants my friend is Sask is drunk and that makes for very interesting convos!

The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket. How true

Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos? This is way scary. Hey, i think mine is pretty, and will be at any age

Sneaky2006
June 22nd, 2005, 02:06 AM
Hey Saf.... I'm just curious, did you have to pay extra (that you know of) to get one on your foot? We've been shopping around for tattoos and prices for hubby to get one on his hand and it seems they pretty much double the price or they won't do it at all because of the location. (places want around 150$ for 4 letters and a small chinese symbol on his hand, which would be about 1/4 of my tattoo that was 150$ also.) They say hands and feet are the same when it comes to tattoos.

Jackie467
June 22nd, 2005, 02:16 AM
I don't know why it would be more to be on your foot or hand but my tattoo artist told me that they do fade really quickly so they often need reshading. (which hurts bad, the first time I got my tattoo I didn't even flinch, then when I had it reshaded I cryed. It hurts more becaue they are tattooing over an old scar) They need reshading often because your hands and feet shed their skin cells A LOT more often than the rest of your body, so slowly over time the color dulls. My tattoo artist and a friend of mine who had a tattooed on toe ring told me not to get a tattoo on my foot because of this. My friend had to have hers redone twice a year because it would get to look so bad you couldn't tell if it was a tatto or some weird kind of scar or something.

Safyre
June 22nd, 2005, 09:06 PM
No extra charge for having it done on my foot, paid only $50 for it. it is an easy design, obviously from the pic.
Does your hubby want the palm of his hand done, or the top?
I THINK the concern is with Exfoliation ... skincells drop off hands and feet quicker. Obviously, on the used parks (palm, and sole) faster.
When I got my tat and told him I wanted on my foot, he asked where, and told me there shouldn't be too much of a concern with fading. The feet do Exfoliate, but mostly just the bottoms. And i never waer socks and hate shoes so nothing rubs on it. lol

I've seen some HORRIBLE tats on feet lately, they are going through to many layers of the skin, you need to make sure you have a talented artist that is experiences with detailed, foot/hand work.
I am getting another tat, on my other foot. I'm getting a snowflake done on my other foot. Quoted $50 for it as well, same guy. I trust him to ink me as he has been in the business for years and well, is the only trusted artist in my town. lol

Sneaky2006
June 30th, 2005, 01:47 AM
No extra charge for having it done on my foot, paid only $50 for it. it is an easy design, obviously from the pic. Does your hubby want the palm of his hand done, or the top?He wants a symbol about 2x2inches on the top of his hand and 4 small letters, one on each knuckle closest to his hand. We were quoted 150$ +, and 2 places said they won't do it at all. I can't get over the price... mine cost that much and it goes all the way around my ankle.
Now that you mention exfoliation, that does ring a bell... hmmm. I'll have to keep checking around, thanks for the info!

My SIL has a little lizard on her foot... she went through the same thing we are, but paid like 200$ for something small... it aint worth it to me.

mafiaprincess
June 30th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Hands, faces, and necks are grey areas in tattooing.
Generally if you are a regular client, they will tattoo any of the above, or you can seriously prove to them you want it.. why, coming back repeatedly to talk about it, serious research.

Studios are afraid of people coming back and freaking out that they 'ruined their lives' with a highly visible uncoverable tattoo.

I even have some fairly heavily tattooed friends that still can't get highly visible tattoos yet from artists they have known for years. It's considered sketchy territory.

A place that overcharges for a visible location is one I would seriously question. Money shouldn't change ethics like that. Might not be as great a studio as percieved.

Melinda
June 30th, 2005, 07:32 AM
the tat on my foot hasn't faded yet, I've had it for roughly 7 yrs now and it's just as white now as it was back then, it was a freebie, I had one put around my ankle and the lady and my daughter decided to design one for my foot *L*, so she did it for nothing, feet were not a popular place way back when, total cost, 40 bucks for the ankle one, foot one , 0, my shoulder peace sign is bright and was also 40 dollars, I'm having my whole left foot done in black scrolls this summer, from ankle to toes and was quoted 70 dollars. El Toro's, where I have them done, has won awards often at the Florida tat contest.

lilith_rizel
June 30th, 2005, 01:48 PM
I love my tattoo as well. Cost me $80 and took about 10 minutes.

Sneaky2006
June 30th, 2005, 03:07 PM
That's pretty cute lilith! I love mine too, but I want more. Here's a pic, it's not so great... tried taking the pic myself, not so easy!

Sneaky2006
June 30th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I gotta post one of hubby's tattoos, it's my favorite!
We shoulda made a tattoo thread!

Britishvixen21
June 30th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Love the tats, I have a chinese symbol on my back for women, was supposed to get the one for power also but never got around to it (yes it was the same one that sporty spice got for "girl power" i was young and impressionable) But i like it, when people ask me what it means i say chicken chow mein, egg fried rice, and prawn balls! LOL

That was a great thread and sooo true, my fav is this one

"I've reached the age where happy hour is a nap."

Its funny and I dont know if anyone else felt this way, but I turn 25 next week and i feel relief, relief that I dont have to live up to the teenage and early 20's expectations of being out partied and drunk every weekend.

I was never a huge party goer and always felt pressure when on a monday morning everyone would say "soo what did you do this weekend?" with expectant eyes wanting me to tell them about my partying and where i passed out and whom i woke up with!

Now that im getting a wee older its acceptable to say "oh i went to walmart did laundry, and napped a lot with the cat!"

Im not boring and enjoy a good night out but im a little more refined a glass of wine on a terrace, or a night at the movies has always been more my kind of thing. plus im a typically cancerian homebody!

Does anyone else feel that way now?

pags
June 30th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Im not boring and enjoy a good night out but im a little more refined a glass of wine on a terrace, or a night at the movies has always been more my kind of thing. plus im a typically cancerian homebody!

Hey vixen :D
I'm almost a full decade ahead of you and must say I have reached the even more liberating phase of being able to say "I'm quite boring, really" with much pride. (Oh and I'm a typically cancerian homebody as well... See what you have to look forward to? :eek: )

Britishvixen21
June 30th, 2005, 04:32 PM
I cant wait for that, I guess my brain is older in years than my body.

Melinda
June 30th, 2005, 04:38 PM
well my "foot" tattoo will be my 47th bday gift from Hubby and kids, *L* my facial piercings(brow , nose) was my 44rth and 45th gifts, my first and second tats was my 40th bday gift *L* gotta love tats and piercings, they do get addictive