Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rub a dub dub, 2 cats in the . . . . .sink?

JDG
June 21st, 2005, 08:04 PM
Well, I guess since the litter is in the bathroom Marty and Minou have claimed my bathroom as their own.

They sleep in the bathtub, and obviously they like to sit and play in the sink!

I will have to take this picture again later, when I can only fit one of them in the sink!

Jackie467
June 21st, 2005, 08:14 PM
How cute!!! :thumbs up I had a kitten once that hated water but would always sleep in my dad's sink. Funny thing was that my dad doesn't really like cats but he had to always sleep in my DAD'S sink.

JDG
June 21st, 2005, 08:25 PM
These two love water. I introduced them to water when I first got them, and now they cant get enough! Sometimes I leave a little (clean) water in the bottom of the bathtub, and the two of them play in it. I also somes give them an ice cube to bat around the tub, thats great fun!

Because their litter box is in the bathroom, we try not to close the door - just in case they need to go potty - but when I have a shower in the morning, I have at least one of them sitting on the edge of the bathtub talking to me while I shower, if not both!

Thankfully they seem disinterested in the toilet. We still keep the lid down with a reminder sign on the inside that says 'Mind the Lid, Kittens Don't Swin',

Now I don't go giving them baths or anything, I just didn't want them to hate water for those 'just in cases' of life. Its nice that they like water. It would make the life of a groomer that much easier if the need ever arises! hahah

happycats
June 21st, 2005, 08:28 PM
AAAWWWWW, that is so cute!! Your furbabies are beautiful!

Jackie467
June 21st, 2005, 08:29 PM
Thats cool, I can't get Jasmine anywhere near water. If she hears it running she will take off like her tail is on fire.

My friends cat loves water. She fills the sink up for him everyday and he'll go in and paly in it and drink it. It's really cute. He loves to drink it as it's running from the faucet.

I love their colour. It's so beautiful! Just wanted to add that because everytime I see a pic of them I think exactly that.

Luba
June 21st, 2005, 08:53 PM
Thats a fantastic picture, they are really cute :D

pags
June 21st, 2005, 09:44 PM
That is TOO cute. They're so gorgeous!!!

dmc123
June 21st, 2005, 10:06 PM
They are beautiful!

Princesss04
June 21st, 2005, 10:08 PM
That is a good picture! But, I guess that it is easy to take such great pictures when you have two pretty fur babies in them. :D

CyberKitten
June 21st, 2005, 11:40 PM
Oh that is SOOO adorable! YY likes the sink too, as do the sphinexes - but they prefer it with water, unsusual kitties! :)

iRONKNiGHT
June 22nd, 2005, 01:54 AM
Aww Marty and Minou :) you little fur-ball's ROCK ;)..
hug's and kisses * muhaaaa* :p

Cactus Flower
June 22nd, 2005, 03:35 AM
There are the poster cats again. Are you a professional photographer (forgive me if I've asked you this before- I honestly don't remember)? Everything I see here of those two adorable kitties looks like it belongs on a poster. Or a calendar, or the front page of a cat magazine.....

Seriously, do you have a background in photography? And tricks for getting them to hold still for perfect poses? May I ask what kind of camera you are using?

All I can say is wow....but that's all I've ever been able to say about your pics! Adorable babies you have, and fantastic shots, to say the least.

Rita
June 22nd, 2005, 07:31 AM
I have to agree with Cactus Flower ... you take some awesome pictures!!! Doesn't hurt that your 'subjects' are absolutely gorgeous Marty & Minou!!!
I had a look at the new pictures on your site ... WOW Fabulous photos ... love the close ups of Minou 'pigeon watching' :crazy:
Your babies are growing up so fast :p

JDG
June 22nd, 2005, 07:38 AM
Thank you everyone, I'm just such a proud 'Servent' to my cats that I must post tons of pictures of them. hahah! I feel sorry for the lot of you, having to see more pictures day after day after day after day. . .hahah :D :D \

Cactus Flower, you did ask me before, and actually I reposted my 'tips' on the photography tip board.

Basicly in short I take a ton of pictures. . .eventually one will turn out good. :D :D Ask iRONKNiGHT, he usually gets subjected to most of my photos even before they get posted on the forums! For the sink pictures I took 65 digital photos, and kept 9!

I also use treats and toys, I am waving their toy beanie baby Giraffe over my head right now, that is why they are both looking in the same general direction.

As for my Camera - its a pocket sized Sony cybershot - it has no zoom, and is only 2 mega pixels - its a handy camera, but by no means up to professional standard. So its actually dumb luck that I get so many good shots. I'm not a photographer, I took 'media' in school in grade 10 though :p :p

Thank you all for the encouragment to take even more photos (and then subject you all to more pictures! mmmmmmmmoooooooooooowhhhahahahahah *that was supposed to be an evil laugh*)

JDG
June 22nd, 2005, 07:45 AM
Thanks Rita!

I know I can count on you to check out the Gallery! hahah! Awesome,

chico2
June 22nd, 2005, 07:57 AM
Marty and Minou are just stunning and I for one would never tire at looking at them,any animal for that matter.
I too love taking pics of my cats,or flowers birds etc...much better models than people :thumbs up
So don't stop,keep the pics coming!!!
As for liking water,both Chico and Vinnie like playing in water...a bath would be another matter :D Rocky
Rocky would not dream of getting his big paws wet :D

Melinda
June 22nd, 2005, 11:21 AM
my goodness they are beautiful babies, I had a cat that we couldn't keep out of the bathtub or shower, the minute she knew there was water, she'd hop right in *L*

Prin
June 22nd, 2005, 12:34 PM
That is the key, eh? Take tons and throw 'em away-- if you take one, you'll regret not taking more if it doesn't turn out.

The first one is GREAT. They're easy subject to work with though... Hard to make M&M look bad... :)

JDG
June 22nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
Prin, yeah basically thats it. . . .hahahah.

I generally take 3 pictures of every 'pose' if I can - you know some come out blurry, some have their eyes closed, sometimes they just suck?? :D :D

I just keep snapping snapping snapping pictures until they get bored and leave. . . (then I try following them, but thus far those fast little mites have twarted any plans of that by hiding under something . . .hahahah)

That is the true beauty of digital photography!

So far since I got Marty and Minou on April 16th 2005, I have taken (this is NO lie) more than 2800 photos. (This is according to the photo counter on the camera, and to be fair a small number of these pictures are actually NOT of Marty and Minou, but I would say 95% were taken of them!)

The Gallery we have www.paulgraham.ca/gallery/Joey has all the 'good' pictures - so you get an idea of just how many photos I delete! Although there are some pictures I never put up on the gallery that were good . . . .

Good luck and happy photo taking. . .

Prin
June 22nd, 2005, 02:32 PM
The Gallery we have www.paulgraham.ca/Gallery/Joey has all the 'good' pictures - so you get an idea of just how many photos I delete! Although there are some pictures I never put up on the gallery that were good . . . . .

Hey, the G in gallery has to be a g or it doesn't work... :) Thought you would like to know.

Cactus Flower
June 22nd, 2005, 02:44 PM
Sorry JDG. I never saw your reply on the previous thread. Still having problems with the "new posts" not showing up.

At any rate, I do understand taking a ton of pics and only saving the best. That's my method, too, although they still don't turn out to be the same quality as yours. You obviously have a natural talent for this.

JDG
June 22nd, 2005, 02:54 PM
Hey, the G in gallery has to be a g or it doesn't work... :) Thought you would like to know.

hahah, Thanks Prin. Correction made!

Thanks Cactus Flower! I really enjoy taking their pictures!!! I'm glad my enjoyment shows through then :P

mrjohndoe
June 22nd, 2005, 03:59 PM
They are cute Kitties. I love your gallery. You are such a great photographer. :)

iRONKNiGHT
June 24th, 2005, 12:09 PM
JDG you're being too modest.. you do put a lot of time and effort for your moggies :).and you do an awesome JOB ;) now here's a pic that just makes me laugh at Minou..she's sooooo cuteeeeeeeeeeee.. :highfive: :p

JDG
June 24th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Awwwwwwwwww, thanks iRONKNiGHT! I'm learning from the best!

CyberKitten
June 24th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I have admittedly not seen the gallery but the photos I see here are gorgeous!!

Safyre
June 25th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Posting that pic made me think of one taken many moons ago of my old cat, Missy. She passed 5 years ago, so I'd dare to say this pic is 15-16 years old... but I love it just the same.