Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The old swimming hole

Melinda
June 21st, 2005, 01:32 PM
With the heat in Ontario hitting +29c today, we thought possibly that Brina (7 weeks) should have her own "swimming hole" since she's too young yet to go to the beach , and has only had her first set of shots, I'm sorry, but as a new "mommy" I have to do some bragging *L* we tossed in her golf ball and away she went...she loved it, of course, being 3/4 lab doesn't hurt!

BMDLuver
June 21st, 2005, 01:34 PM
awww, she looks like she's having a grand old time.

toby's tracy
June 21st, 2005, 02:25 PM
What a great idea! She looks like she's having so much fun!

hmmm...I bet Toby'd love one of those!

poodletalk
June 21st, 2005, 02:28 PM
We have a wading pool at the dogpark, my dog owns it when shes there! Watch out your dog doesn't get hotspots if she goes in the water often.

BeagleMum
June 21st, 2005, 08:13 PM
We have a baby pool for Spence rbut he hasn't used it yet. He hates a bath so I am thinking that he might not like the pool either. We are actually going to my cottage tomorrow for a few days and it is right on the lake so I am hoping that I can teach him how to swim.

dmc123
June 21st, 2005, 08:52 PM
This was Delaney 6 years ago, she loved her little pool, she outgrew it by the next year. Rudy would have nothing to do with it except to have a drink :)

The last photos are when we found out the balls could squirt water, she loved that. Now we get the garden hose out on a hot day and she loves to play in that.

Diane

Princesss04
June 21st, 2005, 11:49 PM
Aww so little! Enjoy them they grow so fast! My boys love the water! What a sweet face! :D

Luba
June 22nd, 2005, 12:13 AM
That looks like a LOT of fun!!! Sweet sweet faces all play and splash no worries ahhhh what a life! :D

BMDLuver
June 22nd, 2005, 08:02 AM
We have a wading pool at the dogpark, my dog owns it when shes there! Watch out your dog doesn't get hotspots if she goes in the water often.
We are on our way up to the lake for two weeks. Pardon my ignorance, but I've never had a dog get hot spots. I've seen many in our vets office, mainly goldens that have them. Would you mind elaborating on this a bit? Wouldn't want to be the cause of my gang getting them. Thanks.

Melinda
June 22nd, 2005, 12:10 PM
yes please...I'd like more info on hot spots also, I've heard of them, but have never owned a dog afflicted with them.

And thank you all for the compliments on Brina *L* just a tad proud of her as you can see.

poodletalk
June 22nd, 2005, 09:38 PM
Hotspots is caused by many things, allergies, fleas but one of the ways is when the dog gets wet. His/her fur dries but the skin stays moist. It causes an irriation, the skin gets itchy, the dog scratches or bites himself which causes hotspots. My brothers dog who's a golden has hotspots right now. They have an inground pool which he's always jumping into. He gets semi-dry and then he jumps into the water again. You must clip the fur where the hotspot is, and apply some medicated cream to it.