-->

Lost Cat NDG/WESTMOUNT

Peppermint
June 21st, 2005, 09:56 AM
Peppermint has been found!

angie79
June 21st, 2005, 10:45 AM
Hope you find your little baby!!!

I cut and pasted your message and emailed it to 3 of my friends that live in the NDG area, I hope others do the same for you!!

good luck

Peppermint
June 21st, 2005, 11:06 AM
I have put up posters, but besides that I am at a loss for what to do... Thanks for any and all help!
Tiffany

angie79
June 21st, 2005, 11:14 AM
you probally already did but did you call the spca or any other rescue organization or vet clinics to see if anyone took him in?

and keep calling them

poodletalk
June 21st, 2005, 11:33 AM
Call the SPCA Montreal, BERGER BLANC, call private rescues as well, gerdysrescue.org animatch.ca Go to the Naturalanimal pawtisserie,(Sheerbrooke St West) put a notice there. Good Luck

Peppermint
June 21st, 2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks

I've called the SPCA, put up posters all over (including the pawtisserie), Can't get through to Berger Blanc, but I will keep trying (I have 494-2002). I've called Westmount Security and Public Works, with no luck. I think she is probably hiding in a backyard (I hope) so I think I will put small flyers in mail boxes this evening. Thanks for all the advice, I hope everything turns out well for my cat, she is diasbled as it is (one leg is out of commission, she's kinda deaf, missing some teeth, and not very quick... she was a beat up stray who came to my door and then into my life...)

Thanks,
I will keep you posted.
Tiffany

CyberKitten
June 21st, 2005, 12:52 PM
She is probably not far - many cats who get lost are just really scared. Put out her fav food or strong smelling food like tuna or sardines - tho you may also get other strays. :)

There are some great ideas here:

http://www.pet-detective.com/

I hoper she comes home soon!

angie79
June 21st, 2005, 03:24 PM
any luck yet ????

please post again if or even if you have not found your baby...

Lucky Rescue
June 21st, 2005, 03:36 PM
Don't call the SPCA - go there. A cat who is limping and deaf will be euthanized.

Peppermint
June 21st, 2005, 03:39 PM
No I still haven't found her. I am going to the SPCA tonight to drop off a picture and to have a look see. I am also going to go and drop some flyers in the mail boxes of the homes whose backyards border my back alley way. Other than that I am spending the day taking care of my boyfriend who just had 4 killer wisdom teeth taken out this morning. Everything in life seems to happen at the same time. I will keep you updated. I wish I knew how to post her picture!

Thanks for thinking of me and peppermint, it's good to know that there are people who care!

Tiffany

Peppermint
June 21st, 2005, 10:28 PM
Well, I didn't expect to ever see her again, but on my way home from the SPCA, fixing the posters which were coming down in the rainstorm and calling out for Peppermint, I heard her pathetic little Meow! from a bunch of weed in someones backyard, and we had a happy reunion out in the rain. She never really ever comes when I call her normally, but I know now that she recognizes me as her "mummy," and I am so greatful to have her back. It is like a load off my body.

Thanks for giving me such great advice, Although I did not find her at the SPCA it was my trip there which reunited us!

If anyone could offer me some help on how to protect her now, that would be great. What kinds of ID programs are there- I dont think I will let her outside anymore, now that she thinks she can jump from 2 storeys and be ok (even though she is already lame), but I want to protect her so that if she is ever missing again I can at leats have some peace of mind that if she is found she can be returned to me.

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

Tiffany

STAMPDesigns
June 21st, 2005, 10:34 PM
YAY! So glad you found her! Made my night :grouphug:

CyberKitten
June 22nd, 2005, 12:43 AM
What wonderful news. As for protection, read that Pet Detective site. She has more ideas than I can think of right now- miscrochipping, putting ID on her collar with your phone number (I recently read that it is prob wise NOT to put her name bec if someone wanted to steal her for nefarious or in the case of a purebred kitty, for resale, they could use the name to make the cat think she shoudl know them and I took YY's name off her collar right away!! Not that she is an outdoor cat.

The safest cat is an outdoor cat as evidenced by this great article at Siamese Rescue:
http://www.siameserescue.org/educate1.html

angie79
June 22nd, 2005, 08:43 AM
:grouphug: :crazy: :clown: :party: :pawprint: :highfive:
Having my own little party for peppermint....

Welcome home peppermint !!!!!!!!!

Lizzie
June 22nd, 2005, 08:48 AM
The safest cat is an outdoor cat as evidenced by this great article at Siamese Rescue:
http://www.siameserescue.org/educate1.html

I think you mean the safest cat is an INDOOR cat, don't you???

chico2
June 22nd, 2005, 09:06 AM
Sooo happy Peppermint was found,made my day!!!

Rita
June 22nd, 2005, 09:28 AM
So glad you found Peppermint :thumbs up
Our three Boyz were tattooed at the Kingston HS when we adopted them. We also got them microchipped and licensed here in Ottawa. They are strictly indoor cats :)
We have tried putting collars on them as well, but they really fight it and don't like them at all. We are always very careful when opening any doors so that they don't get out. When we have the patio door open we make sure the screen door is locked so that they can't just slide it open. And, this may soudn strange, but we talk to them constantly about the perils of getting out and how much Mommy & Daddy would miss them if they ever got away from us :sad: . For a while Merri was always at the door wanting to get out and after a few days of us babbling to him about how much we would miss him he totally lost interest in the door being open :D

Prin
June 25th, 2005, 02:19 AM
YEY!! I'm late, but I'm so glad I read this thread!! YEY!!! :) :party: :)