Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found June 20th Massey, Ontario

Jazz&Cricket
June 21st, 2005, 12:00 AM
Found on June 20th near Cold Spring Rd. Massey Ontario. Small male dog, no collar. May be Cairn Terrier/Shiztu Mix. Very friendly. He seems like a Benji kinda guy :)

Luba
June 21st, 2005, 12:06 AM
Thank u for posting him

Did u take him to your vet or a vet to see if microchipped?

Jazz&Cricket
June 21st, 2005, 02:37 PM
I took him to the closest vet. They didn't recognize him but I left a poster. I forgot to check for a microchip but will do that the next trip into town. I have put posters where I found him which was a local spring where lots of people get water. I've posted on all cottage roads in the vicinity of the spring. I've put posters at grocery stores within a 30 km. radius as well as gas stations and convenience stores. I've contacted the local animal control, the OSPCA in Sudbury and animal control in Sudbury as well and the radio station. I'm going to check for 'free advertising' in the local paper. It's possible that he travelled quite a distance if someone brought him to the cottage. However, I'm beginning to think he was dumped :(

Luba
June 21st, 2005, 03:43 PM
He's an adorable little sweet guy, are you planning on keeping him should you not find the owner?

Jazz&Cricket
June 22nd, 2005, 08:50 AM
I'm trying hard not to get attached because I have 2 Border collies, Jazz & Cricket and a miniature schnauzer, Zachary, and two cats, Rex & Lucky. However, this morning, the little guy decided he was comfortable enough to initiate some play with Zachary and I laughed so hard watching the antics of these two chasing each other around the yard that I will be hard pressed to give him up to someone other than his owners. I am hoping that this weekend someone will call. He certainly doesn't looked or act abused so I'm sure his family is missing him....if he wasn't dumped deliberately.

chico2
June 22nd, 2005, 09:01 AM
Hopefully someone will call for him,he looks like he's been cared for,unless you cleaned him up.
You certainly have a house full,but he was very lucky you found him...he looks like a sweety and I hope he was not "dumped" :sad:

angie79
June 22nd, 2005, 09:05 AM
He is so cute, wonder how some one could dump him? I hope thats not the case I hope some one is looking for him as hard as you are trying to find the owners.

Jazz&Cricket
June 22nd, 2005, 12:40 PM
No, I didn't clean him up...he appears to have been groomed, his nails are cared for and he has great teeth which leads me to believe he's not really too old. His household manners are very good. I think he's been discouraged from being on the furniture (unlike my troop :D ) because he usually finds a mat to rest on. He LOVES riding in the car so I think he does get to travel and again he's well behaved. I'm hoping he's a 'cottage' dog so the owners may not be back in the area until this weekend. In the meantime, he's making himself right at home!

Luba
June 22nd, 2005, 03:47 PM
He sure is a cutie, I'd take him myself if I didn't have one already

Jazz&Cricket
June 26th, 2005, 01:19 AM
It appears as though this little fellow has been dumped :( This is beyond my comprehesion...there are alternatives! So, my canine family just grew. If he didn't get along so well with my other 3, it wouldn't be feasible but, as you can see from the attached photo, he seems to be quite happy. Now all that remains is an appropriate name. He's found a new home, unless he's other family comes forward.

badger
June 26th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Well all I can say is he's one lucky pooch. Bless you for taking on another furbaby.

chico2
June 26th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Awww,they look so happy,kind of like they belong together :love:
Even if he belonged to weekend cottagers,you'd think they would be there looking for him,I know I would..knowing this sweet dog was alone in the woods,I would probably pitch a tent and sleep there :D until I found him..
So,I am secretly hoping noone will claim him,if it gets to be too much for you,you could always find him a good home,he's soo sweet...but I think he's won you over :thumbs up

Safyre
June 26th, 2005, 11:57 AM
he looks like a Benji to me :)
bu I'm horrible at naming dogs.

Luba
June 26th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Well considering where he was found MASSEY would be a great name.

:D
did the microchip scanning ever get done?

Jazz&Cricket
June 26th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Yes, I did have the vet scan for a chip..nothing. As for names, my husband says he gets to name him...now my hubby is a quirky guy which is why our FEMALE cat is named REX :) It all has to do with her being born in a construction trailer where he worked in the States (she's a rescue too!) As a kid, he watched some local show called "the Rex Trailer show" thus the name. I told him no problem naming the foundling BUT he could not name it a female cat name :D I did consider a Finnish name for him - Valaa which means 'found'. I'm sure his name is just waiting for us to find it :)

Jazz&Cricket
June 29th, 2005, 12:33 AM
It's official....the foundling is lost no longer...he has a new home...with us :party: He also acquired his name....Dusty. I'll have to change my signature lines to read, Jazz, Cricket, Zachary, Dusty, (Rex and Lucky, the cats)

chico2
June 29th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I was kind of hoping for that :D and Dusty is a great name! Way to go Dusty,you are one lucky doggy!!!