Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pit bull attack in Cambridge on weekend

lezzpezz
June 20th, 2005, 04:26 PM
A Cambridge man is in serious condition after his pit bull seriously mauled his left arm on Friday, June 17.

A man who rescued the owner, said he was returning home when he saw a dog tearing at a man's arm and he man was calling for help.

The rescuer confronted the dog and kicked it until it let go and walked away.

The man said the dog was looking at him during the attack and that the dogs was trying to kill the man.

Police later shot the dog and a Human Society official said the dog had been abused.

Copper'sMom
June 20th, 2005, 04:28 PM
The dog was ABUSED!!!! :mad: Oh how sad :(

heidiho
June 20th, 2005, 04:36 PM
How do u know it was abused??

lezzpezz
June 20th, 2005, 04:39 PM
just took words from article in Toronto Sun, where it said HS staffer said dog had been abused.

jackieb
June 20th, 2005, 04:58 PM
apparantely he did abuse his dog so people are saying that know him then the dog turned on him. A guy try to help get the dog off then the police were called and shot the dog apparantely 3 times we live very near were it all happened

Beaglemom
June 20th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I heard about this on the radio (I believe on Friday evening). All they said on the radio was that the dog turned on its owner and mauled him. Someone saw and heard the screams and came to the owner's rescue.

I instantly knew that this dog had to have been abused by his owner. At the time of the broadcast, nobody knew the details yet. An animal that is well cared for and is loved by its owner will not normally turn and attack him.

Its a shame that what made the news is the fact that this was a pit bull and not that this was an abused dog that just had enough!

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
June 21st, 2005, 02:09 AM
I hope this man is charged with animal cruelty. I could care less what happens to him -- he got what he deserved.

Poor dog. I wish he was taken away from his owner long before this happend :(