Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sweetest Manx Kitten ever

pitacat
June 20th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Hello: We're new here, trying to get some advice and now showing off our gorgeous little kittie! His name is Pita, he's a 9 week old manx kitten. He's soooo affectionate, loves to cuddle, head butts whatever body part he can connect with, just the sweetest little thing. Also, he appears to have at least 3 colors to his coat. He is only our 2nd cat ever, our last lived to be 18 years old.

Rita
June 20th, 2005, 02:30 PM
He's a realy cutie patootie!!!
Such a sweet little face must get lots of kisses :p

pitacat
June 20th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks! He loves to give kisses too, and that's a bit different for us because our last cat was not a "licky" cat.

dmc123
June 20th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Your new baby looks so much like Cody did as a baby, Cody is now 13. He is part manx and has a bit less of a stub than yours. Pita is adorable!! Cody head butts us too, that is funny :)

I am attaching a pic of Cody although it doesn't show his colors very well. He is marked like your Pita is. Sorry, I can't find one of him as a kitty that is scanned.

Enjoy your new baby,
Diane

pitacat
June 20th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Cody looks like a big boy! Handsome! We saw Pita's Uncle, a neutered white cat with a couple of black patches and a black stubby tail, he was a big cat too, much bigger than the mother cat. Does Cody make a different sound sometimes? Pita meows, but he also makes a ??? sound, sort of like pigeon cooing? It's really hard to explain. It's a neat sound, he does it when he's on a tear, running around like a mad cat and when he seems happy too. He follows me from room to room and "talks" to me alot. He is just adorable. The xxy thing, causing the three colours sort of bothered me be, because some of the articles on the internet said there were other problems associated with this, like a shorter life, health problems, etc. Thanks for sharing your picture, Cindy

dmc123
June 20th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Yes Cody coo's, like a pigeon, that is so wild! Almost like an owl just not as defined. And he "talks" a lot, when he wants his good food, when he needs help up on the bed or the couch...cooooo, it isn't a meow, and I agree it is hard to describe. Pigeon sounds seem the closest. He is a big boy, he started small, tiny head and huge ears and it took him until about 15 months to fill in to fit his ears. I wish I could find a baby picture.

JDG
June 20th, 2005, 10:42 PM
What a sweet little face. Congratulatons. Its a very interesting name, how did young Pita get his name?

pitacat
June 20th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Well, first you must understand that our last cat lived to be 18, so it's been a long time since we had a kitten around. (she was a spayed black short hair named "Lucky" by our daughter, after the cat on the tv show Alf, so, it was a long time ago!) We hadn't decided on a name, but after having the kitten here for a day, we realized we'd been repeating one phrase quite a bit....(meant and said with affection!) "oh, you're just a little 'pain in the a$$'", so the letters of that phrase became his name. I think it's better than the name my husband first wanted "Bob", and I'm sure Pita will continue to be the delightful "pain" that he is.

Ker13
June 21st, 2005, 12:09 AM
Our cat sort of trills, very much like a pigeon - a sort of "mrrrrr?" kind of noise when we wake her up or when she wakes us up.

pitacat
June 21st, 2005, 01:22 PM
Trill is a good word to describe it, and yes, it's sort of like a "ripley mrrr"?

JDG
June 21st, 2005, 04:19 PM
we realized we'd been repeating one phrase quite a bit....(meant and said with affection!) "oh, you're just a little 'pain in the a$$'", so the letters of that phrase became his name. I think it's better than the name my husband first wanted "Bob", and I'm sure Pita will continue to be the delightful "pain" that he is.

OMG, that is great! Hahaha!

BMDLuver
June 21st, 2005, 04:27 PM
What a pretty kitten Pita is. Congrats on the new addition!