Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need Advice...

eekawolf
June 20th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Hi everyone- looking for some help....advice
Probably will take him to the vet but hoping someone might have alternatives
to a large vet bill......My 10 year old indoor only cat (orange tabby) seems to be having problems....he's recently lost a fair amount of weight...not skin and bones but definately not his usual self. I think he has been vomiting food and water....seems to be drinking lots of water......have been checking litter box and have not noticed anything unusual....has a boney butt and all the hair around his anus is gone- We've known that he had crystals in his urine since he was a kitten and he has had his anals infected twice but he is on the right food and no swelling or heat on his anals to be found......not crying when he goes to the bathroom....not lethargic....still purrs.....still eats well from what I see.....except for sometimes throwing it back up......
Any ideas?? I have a two good ideas of what it might be but I'm hoping one of them is wrong since we have 7 cats.........I won't post what I think it is cause I want opinions without me influencing........

Please post or email me
I appreciate everyones help....:)
A

Karin
June 20th, 2005, 06:05 AM
No doubt, he needs to go to the vet. Anytime a cat loses weight a vet visit is a must. Getting a healthy, overweight cat to lose weight is almost next to impossible, he's losing with ease, he's sick. Cat's hide illnesses very well, he's giving you all the signs.
Purring is not an indication of a healthy cat, they purr when nervous, scared or sick too.
Why do you only "think" he is vomiting btw?

Trinitie
June 20th, 2005, 12:47 PM
The cat is in obvious distress. Unexplained weight loss, combined with hair loss, indicate a vet visit is a must - possibility of high vet bills or not.

Please post vet results in a new thread. This one closed.