Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

i got ringworm from the drought

melanie
June 19th, 2005, 09:00 PM
yuck, i have jsut returned from the drs after noticing a ring on my leg, i knew it was ringworm asap but thought i would get the doc to check....

well grose i have ring worm (not a worm but fungus), and guess where i got it?? the doc says its due to the drought :eek: crap stupid drought effects everything...

doc said due to the amount of soil particles in the air ringworm has shot through the roof, ring worm lives in the soil so now it is spreading,

he said i was one of a number of ring worm cases this morning :eek: :eek: :eek: and he has seen dozens in the past week, i live in a small village, crap everyone must have it, jsut grose grose grose..........

my only worry is charlie getting it, its not nice to animals, but as long as i wash everything i touch and make sure the house is spotless apparently she wont get it....

the doc was nice and even gave me free medicine also, which is always good for a girls purse....

any tips on avioding doggy getting it????

ewwwwwwww i am jsut totally totally grosed out..... :sick:

iRONKNiGHT
June 19th, 2005, 09:07 PM
hey Mel..sweetheart.. i walk with a stick..so if you come any closer it's *Wack*...

get Medieval on those ringworms :)

melanie
June 19th, 2005, 09:14 PM
you knwo what, whenever i see you ahve answered my thread i generally start laughing before i even open it and read, gosh knows how anyone takes you seriously :D :angel: :p

dont worry im not gettin close to anyone now, yuck.....hate to say it but only in australia man *shake my head* it will probably turn into a national plague or something, im stockin up on tins as we speak, heading for that bomb shelter.........

and i have witches out the back (meaning my mother, lol lol lol) brewin me up some nasty potions for my disgusitng disease, ahhhhhhh im like a full blown lepper today, lol lol lol.....

hubby is now very paradoid and saying he aint comin home to miss fessty, hes such a fool............... :eek: even charlie is lookin at me funny, mongrels the lot of em i say......

JDG
June 19th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Yummy story. . . .

. . . .Colin wanted spaggetti for dinner :yuck: , sure glad we did the pizza route instead! :D :D :D :D

Good luck with that. . . .get better soon! :sick:

Luba
June 19th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Okay before anyone says it I'll say it myself..."here Luba goes again with that bloody Oregano Oil" ;)

Melsie my palsy if you have a natural/holistic store near you go buy some oregano oil (organic) put it RIGHT ON the spot and rub it in...one drop will do. Do that 2/3 times a day.

Take internally, 3/4 drops in a shot of juice down it fast it burns a bit and stinks LOL so have some more juice afterwards. Do this 3 times a day.

You can give it to your dog as a preventative 1/2 drops in some yogurt mixed well....if it doesn't go over well with the yogurt mix 1/2 drops in some ice cream.

Boy that really stinks, I'm sorry for ya dear
HUGS

Cactus Flower
June 19th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I aint skeered of no ringworm! Here's a hug for you Melanie :grouphug: .

I would just keep it covered (unless the doc wants it open?). Charlie can't get it if she doesn't come into contact with the "ring" on your leg, right?

But then there's the ringworm outside..... :eek:

iRONKNiGHT
June 19th, 2005, 10:00 PM
dont worry im not gettin close to anyone now, yuck.....hate to say it but only in australia man *shake my head* it will probably turn into a national plague or something, im stockin up on tins as we speak, heading for that bomb shelter.........
(wispering to the committee members) i dont think she speak's English.. someone bring in a translator...ohh yeah and someone who speak's sign language as well....(harry committee member) i know morse code if all else fail's..

i have witches out the back (meaning my mother, lol lol lol) brewin me up some nasty potions for my disgusitng disease
does it taste like lipton cup-a-soup?

melanie
June 20th, 2005, 02:16 AM
oh your such a freak mr butterfly:D :p lol lol lol lol ha..........

hey you have lipton, bbbbbbBBBBBBBBBBBbbbbiiiiizzzzareee...its really freakin me out a bit lately how many products we have that arent actually australian, oh immmm sooooo dum sometimes :p :p :angel:

thanks luba, will also try that on dog, have jsut recieved a wonderful pm telling me other home remedy, man you ppl are just tops.....

poor charlie is not comin near me, i think she is onto it, shes treatin me like a lepa, little bugger........

and mum is just disgusted with me for even contemplating haveing ringworm, she is just disgusted, and told me never to tell anyone, bahahahahahahahah. and thats exactly what i said to her, now she really is a freak.....(she probably told all the kids i was dirty as a girl and told em not to play if i had nits shes such a :D :D:D ).

now off to my own private lepper colony in the lounge room......

Eleni
June 20th, 2005, 09:28 AM
I gotta admit, after reading this post i just HAD to google ringworm and see what it is :eek: :yuck:

now i wish I could resist googling stuff

i feel for ya that stuff looks horrid

all else fails you can ahve a few day rest while you heal up and let the mom and hubby wait on ya, from 10 ft away of course :P

Eleni

Luba
June 20th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Ringworm.

The new fashion accessory and parasite all in one

Order now, shipping and handling included with your first payment of $10000 or more!!!

Ask for operator: Mel
She is standing by!!

LMAO

Cactus Flower
June 20th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I think she's take her payments in rain, eh?

Lipton is all I drink, yes here in New Mexico.

CyberKitten
June 20th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Keep it covered - unless you want to infect someone else like your pooch!! The best treatments are antifungal meds (since of course it is a fungus) like:
tolnaftate
undecylenic acid
miconazole
terbinafine

Terbinafine is significantly more effective than the other medications and usually needs only to be used for one week instead of the four weeks indicated above. Terbinafine, however, is considerably more expensive than the alternatives.

Some people swear by Selsun Blue - a shampoo (is it avail in Au?) - to prevent the spread. Wash the area often - washing helps to remove the dead upper layers of skin on which the organism lives.

After washing, dry the area with something disposable, like a tissue, or if a large area, use a towel which will be washed in hot water and dried in the dryer after use. Buy a disposable napkin is best!

Good luck!

melanie
June 20th, 2005, 04:59 PM
and a discount of 25% is offered for the first 25 callers and any orders over 5 spots, dont miss this fantastic opertunity, call now :D :D you ppl are too funny.

CK i know you would come along sooner or later, thank you so much for the advice, your like our online medic :p :highfive:

at the mo i am using betadine but will start using bleach when that runs out, a wonderful memberof this board used bleach diluted in water and foudn it to be the miracle cure, being straped for cash this will be my option for today....and yes i think we have selsun blue,. im pretty sure i have sen it, sounds like a nice cheap solution too....will try everything....

am keeping it covered (mother would die if i didnt :eek: ) and am staying well away for the dog. am being way over hygenic and washing anything in hot water that stands still for long enough, even pulled all the covers of the couch and that and boiled everything, im jsut soooo grosed out.......

thanks again for all the wonderful advice, sympathy and laughs, you know i need em..... :D

Jackie467
June 20th, 2005, 06:23 PM
I hate ring worm, I more hate the thought of it. I had a patch on my back, don't have a clue how I got it there. I didn't know what it was for a week or two but went to the docs and found out. I just used a cream for athletes foot and in a week it was gone. I luckly didn't infect anyone or anything else. My dogs and cat were fine, as was my SO and mother who I live with. Don't know how SO didn't catch it being that before we knew what it was he was touching it, but he didn't get it.

glasslass
June 20th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Ewww! Mel's got "cooties"! Where are all the people now you'd LIKE to give it to? :D