Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New cat lover here

nemastef
June 19th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Hello, I am new and wanted to introduce myself and our little family. Hubby and I have one fur baby who we adopted from a shelter in December 1999. She had been left there after having had a litter of kittens in her first heat. She had been there a week and had just been spayed the day before. She was 9 months old. She is completely spoiled and rules our household :)

We live in a house and she only goes chaperoned into the back yard. She loves watching the birds but hates it when other cats use our fence to get from yard to yard. My reason for joining here is that she has developed bald spots on her legs. Her belly has always been rather free of hair so that is not unusual. I will post my concern on another forum. I hope she is not stressed or ill because going in the car traumatizes her even though the vet is less than 10 minutes from here!

I look forward to getting to know more of you and your furbabies. :love:
steph

april21h1
June 19th, 2005, 10:05 AM
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!

We love to see pictures of furbabies, so if you can please post some.

My cats howl the whole ride to and from the vets. One thing I do is I leave the pet carrier out so they can be familar with it day to day. It seems to help some when it is time to go to the vets.

Lucky Rescue
June 20th, 2005, 03:19 PM
HI and welcome!

The outside cats may be stressing your kitty and causing her to overgroom her legs.

The only answer might be to keep her inside.

WhKnight
June 22nd, 2005, 09:29 PM
Welcome, welcome! I'm relatively new myself, and am really enjoying myself here.

I put some of my cats' toys into the carrier with them for when they go to the vet. They're both pretty quiet anyway, but that seems to help soothe them on longer trips, too.

Here are two new pictures of my girls, Chaco and Maya. I still haven't figured out how to do more than one pic at once, but I hope these turned out. I decided to try some closeups of them, which came out a bit fuzzy since I haven't using the flash.

Linda

WhKnight
June 22nd, 2005, 09:31 PM
That was Chaco...this one's Maya.

I have to admit, I am absolutely nuts about my cats. :)

chico2
June 26th, 2005, 04:16 PM
WhKnight,welcome to the club,I Love my cats too,yours are beautiful!!
Nemastef,welcome to you to and your kitty,we love to see her pic :D