Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The best bbq ever!!

Prin
June 19th, 2005, 01:08 AM
We just bought a barbeque, because you can't have a house without a barbeque... And we looked at the Consumer Reports because we don't like to waste money, and decided on the Weber Q. It's little and you can take it camping and stuff too, but it's big enough to do around 9 burgers at at time. We used it yesterday on brochettes (meat on a stick?) and they were the first ones I have ever had where the meat at the ends was equally tender as the meat in the middle. And today, we cooked cheap steaks (the kind that are basically leather), and they came out so tender. They aren't even supposed to BE tender...

That said, now I am raving about my bbq. I love it. It's a Consumer Reports "Quick Pick" because it is reliable, cooks evenly and is easy to use. So if you're a camper or you have a very small family, I highly recommend this sucker. We have the adapter to hook it up to a regular propane tank too, but you can get a tiny camping tank.

Bring on the summer!! :)

april21h1
June 19th, 2005, 10:32 AM
that is the size bbq that we need. do you mind if i ask where you got the bbq? you can pm me with the store if you want.

JDG
June 19th, 2005, 10:44 AM
No BBQ for Colin or I yet. . . .

My Dad saved his pocket change for 5 years to buy the BBQ of his dreams - its a huge Ducane Gas Grill. . . it can fit a whole christmas turkey on the spit!!! My Dad will be outside in the dead of a winter snowstorm, in 6 feet of snow if it means he gets to BBQ!

I hope your new BBQ brings you as much joy as my Dad's has brought to him!

hahaha!

lilith_rizel
June 19th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Weber is a great brand. we have Weber One-Touch. Hubby paid $80 for the thing, and I think in the first week, we got the use out of it. He bbq'ed EACH meal that he could!!! He even bbqed shrimp once. It was pretty good.......

jjgeonerd
June 19th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Webers are simply the greatest! You may pay more for a smaller Weber BBQ than a larger different brand, but they work so much better. Hmmmm...may have to BBQ tonight now!! :D

lilith_rizel
June 19th, 2005, 01:22 PM
That is a great idea. Think I will bbq up some chicken for myself......

Prin
June 20th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Do I have to pm the store? If the admins don't mind, it was Reno-Depot here in Quebec. I think they're called Building Box elsewhere in Canada. It retails for $267. I think Sears might have it too. You can maybe go to their site and get the phone number to call in and ask for a store (their site doesn't show any in Canada, only one distributer). www.weber.com (http://) I'm not selling any, just recommending what Consumer reports already has... :)

Webers are great. I was raised to look at the Consumer Reports before buying big purchases and I have yet to be disappointed. (Bring on the Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer!! :) )

This bbq comes with a shorter warranty than the bigger ones though, 5 years compared to 10 for the big guys. But how long do people keep a bbq anyway?

Cactus Flower
June 20th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Glad you got a good one :) .

I'm not much for gas grills, myself. I like the flavor of the charcoal and mesquite that we add.

lilith_rizel
June 20th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Hickory woodchips here!! Use them everytime!!!

Cactus Flower
June 20th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Hickory is good, too! We use a lot of mesquite and cedar because it grows out here in the desert. Just have to walk out of the yard and pick some up.
Very affordable, lol :D .

Writing4Fun
June 20th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Oooh! We love BBQ's! We keep ours on our deck, close to the patio door. So, even in the middle of winter, if we can reach the BBQ, you can bet we're using it. ;) If not, we're on the Hamilton Beach grill indoors. If I can avoid turning on my oven, I will. :p

glasslass
June 20th, 2005, 05:16 PM
We're on our 3rd Weber over the last 30 years! Obviously, we love Weber! We presently have a Weber Genesis. I love the gas because it's clean, simple, and quick. However, nothing beats the flavor of grilling over real coals. We do soak wood chips in water though and place them on the grilling bars. Try throwing some sprigs of fresh herbs on the coals, like rosemary. The resulting smoke really does something wonderful for chicken!

Prin
June 21st, 2005, 03:08 AM
I don't know... I was hesitant to get a gas grill but everything comes out of this one so tender, you don't even notice that there's not coaly flavor... :)

I love it. And it makes great grilly marks on the meat! :)