Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

BSL March - Toronto - June 19th

JenSteele
June 18th, 2005, 10:02 AM
*** Please note that the walk will be cancelled if we have a miserable, rainy day (but right now the weather forecast looks okay.) ***

What: SBTCC Walk in Protest of Bill 132
This is a family event!

When: June 19th* (*we will reschedule if the weather is bad)

Where: Toronto - Yonge / Eglington area
(In Michael Bryant's riding ...)
@ 1:00 pm (please arrive on time)

Location Map:
Meet at the Sherwood St. enterance to Sherwood Park. Here is a map to the park:

http://www.staffordcanada.com/images3/june_19th_rally_map.gif

This is just east of Mount Pleasant on Sherwood. Sherwood is closer to Lawrence than it is to Eglington and is just south of Blythewood. The map is fairly detailed and should get you there. There is a small public parking lot at the entrance, but you may need to park on Mt. Pleasant and walk in.

The Walk Route:
http://www.staffordcanada.com/images3/june_19_walk_route.jpg

EMAIL Julie King - julie@biz-zone.com if you plan to attend

babyrocky1
June 18th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Im planning to go is anyone else?

babyrocky1
June 20th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Hey you guys, yesterday was really fun! Tons of Staffy bulls, Soooo cute, yes Two dogs, like banning Teddy Bears! We walked up and down Young Street near Eglington with two pit bulls and about thirty or so Staffy Bulls. The dogs were stopping along the way kissing babys! We were handing out flyers and telling people on the street all about their MPP, Michael Bryant :evil: Oh such FUN! Sandra, of Saving Lily was there and so was Steve Barker from the DLCC. hes interested in our little pit bull co-op. Ill tell you more about that later if we get our thread back from WALDO :eek: LOL Anyway Just a quick stop but I have tons of Pics to share from the walk and they are planning another one soon, in Bryants riding again ha ha ha. Oh yeah, it was on City during the day and at six, but not at elven. The coverage was pretty good and they refered to the dogs as "pit bulls"

twodogsandacat
June 20th, 2005, 08:31 PM
I read about this yesterday around 11:30 after walking the dogs. Decided to give the new car a good test drive and arrived around 1:30 with no dogs in tow. Thank god you waited.

I was wearing a blue Nautica coat....who were you?

The tall guy in glasses, was that Steve Barker?

babyrocky1
June 20th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Steve is a tall guy with glasses, and he had his pit bull but she is not very big, so didnt stand out too much from the staffy bulls, so you were with us? I wasn't looking for you cause no one replied to the post. I didn't see any familiar dogs, so i assumed no one but Sandra was there, for some reason she was one of the first people I talked to, cause I didnt now anyone at first, other than Steve, who Ive only met a few times. I have blond hair, was wearing a pink top, with jeans, Im about twenty years older than Id like to be LOL and I had my black portfolio with me. I got there late too cause I walked from Young and Lawrence and underestimated the time it would take. I was worried that it would be cancelled cause it was threatening rain so I was very relieved to see all those dogs! I was taking pictures when they were doing the group poses before we left. I didn't notice anyone else without dogs. So did you enjoy your trip through Bryants ridingLOL A blue coat-I need more infoLOL

twodogsandacat
June 20th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Steve is a tall guy with glasses, and he had his pit bull but she is not very big, so didnt stand out too much from the staffy bulls, so you were with us? ...........I was taking pictures when they were doing the group poses before we left. I didn't notice anyone else without dogs. So did you enjoy your trip through Bryants ridingLOL A blue coat-I need more infoLOL

I spoke to Steve too and he looked familar but we didn't exchange names...saw him in Ottawa on Nov 28 but he had a hat on then.

I left shortly after we got back (after the interviews) as I had to get back home.....

I kind of made some friends while there so it may of not looked like I was alone...

Nice to know Bryant's riding has so many mail boxes and telephone poles.

As I said I had left in a hurry after walking the dogs so I had green pants on with big pockets on the side (poop bag pockets), a dark blue jacket, 6' 2'' with very short hair.

I never thought I would walk among so many banned dogs and survive.

babyrocky1
June 20th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Were you talking to Steve when I came and asked him for more flyers, did I rudely interupt you? LOL I was standing near Juley King when she was being interviewed, infact Sandra and Steve were standing so close that I asked them to move away a bit, because they were right behind her. So you didn't meet Sandra either? Oh well you will on the 27th.

twodogsandacat
June 20th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Maybe you did...you are so rude :)

Yes I did meet her. I can't be there on the 27th as I now have a personal matter to take care of but did offer her support.

pitbulliest
June 22nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
Awww man this sucks I totally missed it..I barely come online anymore cuz there's just so much junk to do..ohhh geez...I would SOOO have gone..was it successful?

Hey any time you guys are planning another walk..please give me a shout over email in case I don't check up on here...
By the way...are there any recent updates about the BSL/pitbulls/shmiberal gov...?

babyrocky1
June 23rd, 2005, 11:42 AM
I thought it was really successful, it was put on by the Stafffordshire bull terrier folks, julie King organized it, and we didn't know about it til a few days before or Im sure more pets .ca folks would have been there. We got good media coverage on City, I dont think any other media was there. But I'm sure Bryant found out that we are targeting HIS riding! :)
RE political update there is a link on the Pit bull Co-op thread. sometime before Waldo, from Mona B, that explains in detail how the enactment will work, I dont want to paraphrase as it is a communication from the ministry, so you should read it for yourself, and we were talking about printing it out for our own protection after August 29th - to have it with us in case of any difficulty with overzelous city officials.

pitbulliest
June 23rd, 2005, 04:10 PM
I'll definately take a look...thanx

Invicta
June 24th, 2005, 02:57 PM
I believe that Julie King or others are planning on more walks throughout the summer in MB's riding.

It was also mentioned that non-pitty people have their own walk in support of all the dogs that will be banned.

pitbulliest
June 24th, 2005, 03:42 PM
That's great news! The more exposure the better...if anyone has any updates please be sure to post here for the rest of us living under a rock lol :D

Invicta
June 24th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I'm usually involved in organizing or getting the word out about the SBT events. I will post any events we may have here.

The next event that I know of is the Banned Aid live auction in Barrie on July 23rd.

babyrocky1
June 24th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks Invicta and welcome to the board, Im sure you will like it here but watch out for trolls LOL!