Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need a little help......

lilith_rizel
June 17th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Ok, I have been trying for the past hour to find my answer on the internet, but I can't.

I am working on a diary of my dd, childhood. I want to be able to have it typed out, as well as get it bound. I am looking into more of a elegant hardcover style. It is something that I want to give her as a gradutation or wedding gift when the times comes. Does anyone know if that is possible, and if so, can you lead me in the right direction, I did email this one binding company to see what I should do.

lilith_rizel
June 17th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Go figure, I found what I needed 10 minutes after I posted this. It is possible, and I liked what I saw on the site. I sent in for a quote. Had to estimate the number of pages and number of colored pictures that I want, but it is just a rough estimate....

CyberKitten
June 17th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I am not sure what dd is but what about a place like Kinkos or any office with a binding machine? You might save the original pages that way and also type it another section altogether. At Staples, you can buy blank paper and then type it and then bind it. If I were dd, I would want the original (I have my own journals in written format) and would love for someone to put them in a better binding since I have kept a jourbal since I was like 6. Sounds like a wonderful and very thoughtful project!

lilith_rizel
June 17th, 2005, 08:43 PM
dd = dear daughter, caomonly used in parenting sites....

CyberKitten
June 17th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Ah, OK I barely have enuf time for this site and my medical journals and Siamese Rescue never mind a chat room, lol Thanks!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 18th, 2005, 09:40 AM
My mom wrote a book on her family history, it included her hertitage, her life, and the lifes of her kids and grand kids, and now great grand kids. It is actually pretty cool and brings back a lot of memories. She got it published and edited by a company in Vancouver called Echo Memoirs 1.877 777 echo
www.echomemoirs.com
They are in Vancouver but maybe they could refer you to someone near you.
She said she paid 250 for each hard cover book, not cheap but she wanted us all to have a keep sake.

Good luck

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 18th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Personal Life Story
"My children and grandchildren cherish their copies of my memoir and we’re all so grateful that you helped me get my stories and the stories of my ancestors down on paper. It is a tremendous relief to get that all off my mind and into such a beautiful book!”

that is my moms quote above!! From the echo memories website

lilith_rizel
June 18th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Hey, I don't care what it is going to cost! For graduation or a wedding present, You bet I am going to spend lots of money on it!!!! They're my kids.....