Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Whoaaaa!

badger
June 17th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Gemini, a kitten with two faces, was born Sunday in Glide, Ore. It was born with four eyes, two noses, two mouths and two tongues, but is otherwise healthy.

angie79
June 17th, 2005, 07:45 AM
thats a bit creepy, will it survive?

Daisy's Owner
June 17th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Poor little kittys.

happycats
June 17th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Poor sweet baby, I hope it survives.
With all the press it's going to receive, because of it's unique quailities :) I'm sure that will help in finding it a warm loving home.

chico2
June 17th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Oh no,how sad :sad: I hope if they survive,they will not be stuck in some freak-show or worse yet,some lab...

Rita
June 17th, 2005, 08:37 AM
OMG poor little thing ... what are the chances of survival? :sad:

BMDLuver
June 17th, 2005, 08:51 AM
That's so sad. I hope they do the right thing for this kitten. I'm not really sure what that is. :sad:

kandy
June 17th, 2005, 11:15 AM
The article I read about this poor kitty said that the vets estimate it has about 10% chance of surviving, but that they have gotten it to take some nourishment. The article said that if it survives, they will probably have to do some surgery to take the extra tissue out between the two mouths. The owner is a person who "found a little of smaller than normal cats" and decided to breed them - sounds like a BYB to me. It says the mom is a miniature cat and the dad was a normal sized one.

Luba
June 17th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Now it would have been nice to have a warning on the title there, graphic picture!

CyberKitten
June 17th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I think Gemini already has died if it is the same kitten(s) I am thinking about. There were many news articles on it a few months ago. Poor thing!

jessi76
June 17th, 2005, 11:59 AM
I think Gemini already has died if it is the same kitten(s) I am thinking about. There were many news articles on it a few months ago. Poor thing!

Gemini was just born this past sunday.

badger
June 17th, 2005, 01:17 PM
You're right, too graphic. Marko, mods, can you add something to the title bar? Sorry.

happycats
June 17th, 2005, 01:50 PM
You're right, too graphic. Marko, mods, can you add something to the title bar? Sorry.

I don't think it's to graphic, this poor kitten was born this way, But I still thinks it's a beautiful little thing :) I know people who were born with birth defects, and to say it's to "graphic" to look at them, in my opinion is very sad and hurtfull :sad: . We are supposed to be accepting of differences!

CyberKitten
June 17th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Gheez, that makes two like her in afew months or so!! Very curious - IU did not think that was statistically possible.

Here is a video of the last one:
http://www.news4jax.com/video/4268165/detail.html

and an article:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/strange/news-article.aspx?storyid=33913

chico2
June 17th, 2005, 04:54 PM
I might sound cruel,but I do believe the kindest thing would be to have the kitten put to sleep.
Surgery would be painful and probably an experimental procedure,the only one benefitting would be the surgeon...Poor little soul,I can just imagine how he/she would suffer,more a curiosity than a beloved pet,so I hope he/she can pass on to the Rainbow-Bridge :sad: