Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Planning a vacation!!!

lilith_rizel
June 16th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Finally, after of being married a year and a half, and dealing with all this military bull, hubby has agreed to let me plan a weekend vacation over in Ocean City, Maryland. I was origionally only planning on spending 2 nights there, and paying upto $300 total but he said he wants us to go all out, and make it very special for our family.He said he will be willing to pay $350 per night for a presidential suite with a jaccuzi in it. Plus have an ocean view! So we are cutting down on all our expenses, and he and I found a lagit at home job where I make phone calls, and can earn money that way. I know that for as much as I will be getting paid for that job, I will have to do alot of work, But I think it is going to be worth it, to be able to get out of the military setting, and just be able to relax as a family for the first time.

At first, I didn't think he would agree to having to drive three hours to get to our destination, plus having to pay all that money for a hotel room for two nights, but he changed the planns to three nights in a presidential suite. He loves the idea, and thinks it is what we all need to get back on track.

I have alot of time to plan this now. We won't be going until the last week of September, atleast, and might be even longer, maybe mid October even.....

Rita
June 17th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Sounds like a fabulous get away for everybody :thumbs up
Nothing like a few days of luxury to rejuvenate ya ;)

lilith_rizel
June 17th, 2005, 10:33 AM
It is a long needed vacation that we all have needed. Dh, has started to take part in the planning of it as well. He took a look at the hotel I am interested in staying at, this morning. He thinks it is a nice place. It is more of a condo than anything. Has a stove, fridge and all that fun stuff, and also has certain activities each day of the week for kids, adults, and family. We may go during the week instead, being that it will save us $100 a day to stay in a presidential suite. But it really won't matter to us. There will probably be less people around and may even be more relaxing. The hotel we are planning on staying at is The Coconut Malorie over in Ocean City MD. Pretty nice place. The presidential suites are bigger than our house from the looks of it! And they have daily houseservice, but don't clean dishes. Don't mind that, but not having to make the bed for a few days is nice!!!

For once dh is really excited in taking part of planning something, so it shows that he is really interested in doing this. So happy that we are finally taking time off and getting away as a family. Will be our first family vacation, so will have to load up on the pictures.......

Lizzie
June 17th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Sounds great...but for me, I'd rather stay in a place without a kitchen so I don't have to cook or do dishes while on vacation! Spend less on a room without one, and use that money to have people serve you!

lilith_rizel
June 17th, 2005, 11:33 AM
That's why Jame is thinking about going during the week. They have a nice restraunt their right out on the beach, and there really aren't walls, it is more like a pavillion type thing. And I am sure we can order food and have it brought up. There are sometimes I will cook, but not too much. We just want to pamper ourselves why we are there. The stove will be nice to have, if we get hungry late at night, and no restraunts in the area are open though. That tends to happen a bit with us.....

lilith_rizel
June 17th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Room also has juccuzi and extra bedroom that Judith can sleep in, so it doesn't mess with her sleeping habits.

Lizzie
June 17th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Sounds like fun. It's always nice to have something to plan for. :thumbs up

Princesss04
June 17th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Sounds like fun! It is always nice to get away! :D

lilith_rizel
June 17th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Yeah, it is the only thing James has been talking about now. He was thrilled to hear that on Thursday, they serve wine and cheese by the pool side, free of charge!!! Just that alone is going to make him feel like a million bucks. So plans are to arrive Wed, and leave Sat. They also have cribs that we can reserve, but I never trust the, but Judith will be fine sleeping in her stroller. She never seems to mind it when we are out and about. Either that, or we can make sure she won't roll off the bed.....

Anyways, have been meaning to post the link to the hotel so you guyes can see the pictures and stuff....

http://www.coconutmalorie.com/